3D print files and Battlefront 2

Well, I'm here asking questions yet again. I looked at the Costumes Awaiting Approval section and noted the Battlefront 2 Assault class trooper, which is essentially the normal KST aside from a few details. The thread ends with the conclusion that it's not different enough to warrant a new CRL. Does this mean the costume is approvable under KST or not? 

The reason I ask is mainly because of my initial plan to 3D print my armor. The only files I've found so far are from Galactic Armory and those are based on SWBF2. If they're approvable, I want to use them. Otherwise, are there other files? I've heard that some troopers have 3D printed their kits so there must be something somewhere. I could potentially save around $400 on the kit that way, so I'd really love to know if it's worth a shot. 

Thanks!

We are not going forward with the Assault trooper, for the reasons stated in that thread.  It doesn't seem intended to be a different trooper, just their interpretation of the standard CB.   I will pull that thread.

@MrPoopie do you know of any good Kashy 3d files?

Just now, BikerScout007 said:

@MrPoopie do you know of any good Kashy 3d files?

Sadly, I do not.

@Jakeputt -- what are the differences between the armor of the ROTS Kashy and the BF2 Kashy?

Alright, I appreciate it. Too bad for me, I guess, unless I find something else. 

I believe Jake has said before that the big difference is the bicep pieces. In BF2 they both have that piece that goes around the whole bicep as opposed to ROTS where one has a different detail. Maybe he knows of more differences, though.

I wonder if that piece could be modified....

Yeah I know Galactic Armory is a big vendor and I do enjoy his 3d printing videos on YouTube, but like I always say, armor makers do not determine our standards.  And neither do 3D video game modelers who don't do their research and take shortcuts :D 

• Like 1

Absolutely! That's why I come here to ask and make sure. The part could probably be modified, but I'd have to buy it first to find out... I'll try my best to look at it compared to the CRL and see if there might be a somewhat simple way to fix it :D

Cheers! 

• Like 1

This is a comparison of the Battlefront 2 model and a still from the movieb45ce436a23d453fad2bb48a6fa4ad0c.jpgdb6980c13cc8d3d610cec70fda4a2b76.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

So the biceps in the BF2 model look different.  Did GA just take one bicep and mirror it?

The galactic armory files are a little more accurate for both iterations. I am not fond of his helmet files but that's a personal preference. The bicep pieces have been fixed to more closely resemble the two different bicep types but he has included a lot of the details actually attached to the pieces like the straps on the leg armor should be webbing wrapped around the armor not detail attached to the pieces.
The armors are very similar to one another the biggest difference is the inclusion of the neck seal with the BF2 game. I tell people to make their armor match the crl the best they can.

Here's some more comparisons of the 2c2a90c0136ffd0ef32412fed7cae0480.jpge5ad917c171b7864021406640fdeda94.jpg0558af77290f0de35e6ddaa247092013.jpg19159b9fc51000605b448ddf0b159f74.jpg

The main reason why I suggest to people that they go with Bikerchicks kit is because they kit is a great kit and also the inclusion of all the straps and greeblies that you would need for the different parts. Like the belt, the straps for the biceps the forearms and the knees, the greeblies for the leg pieces.
The kit is pricey but worth it. 35d42f0c549a61cba34020698adbfd56.jpg

So.... are GA's armor files fine for the current CRL or no?

There are still issues with the files for both BF2 and ROTS approval.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/792993353/kashyyyk-clone-trooper-armor-3d-print these files still have issues. If you know of another file download please post.

48 minutes ago, Jakeputt said:

There are still issues with the files for both BF2 and ROTS approval.

Okay cool.  What are the issues?  List them out 

From the way the file looks, the biceps still haven't been fixed. There should be two cylinders in the left arm band instead of just one. The bands going around the bicep pieces shouldn't be built onto the files they need to be silicone that wraps around the bicep pieces. There should be no vents underneath the eyes and there shouldn't be any bumps above the visor slot that should be completely smooth. The straps on the legs that are built onto the file also needs to be smoothed out. There are also two trapezoidal indents in the back of the helmet that needs to be smoothed. On the knees there should be grooves that lay on the bend lines that make the shape of the knees. The forearm pieces are the wrong shapes. The cod needs to be wider and the boot tops are the incorrect shape as well. The CRL has fantastic images and descriptions of how everything needs to look. If you have questions about specific parts on this download I can help you to the best of my ability.
Know that here at the detachment we can only give you guidance the people who will actually approve you is your local GML in your garrison. These are just issues that I have seen that are contrary to the information found in the CRL. 3325a73dcc886f65cb776f7aed3b7dae.jpg41df92691b63fd553f510418298dc8fb.jpgff207fd1a6b6b09061b5a7a2862e990a.jpg3ae3b47bb99da7c07b4b58486c123244.jpg0d367f023337d1a916fc66bb84db7f71.jpg28f1ae761cc83e763d6769a7196978f6.jpg

• Thanks 1

I really appreciate the detailed information, Jake! The issues on the helmet are easy for me to fix, but I'll probably go for a BC kit for the rest, then. Seems like the armor is too much work to be worth it. I've already spoken to her about a kit without the helmet as well :D

Thank you! 

I really appreciate the detailed information, Jake! The issues on the helmet are easy for me to fix, but I'll probably go for a BC kit for the rest, then. Seems like the armor is too much work to be worth it. I've already spoken to her about a kit without the helmet as well 
Thank you! 
She's really great to work with I've communicated with her on multiple occasions.

Sure is! I'll put my order in once I have the cash. My current calculations say $1000-1200 total for the costume, depending on how I obtain a few bits... Without accounting for the extra paint I'll probably need, dye for the clothing, as well as other unexpected expenses, and also not including shipping from BC. Ouch. But I've dreamt of this since I was a child so I'm determined to throw absurd amounts of cash at Star Wars spaceman gear! 

• Like 2

I tell people my kit ran about 1400 to 1500. Thats a typical price. It varies depending on what you do, electronics going into it or doing everything yourself vs buying the plastic. Sewing everything up vs buying ready made parts. My biker scout was roughly the same cost.
The least expensive is probably bridge crew. You just need jumpsuit, belt, and boots.

Yep! And while we're on that topic... I'm gonna need to make up for the armor kit cost any way I can. I'll be getting canvas for the pouches and I have some threads with measurements and such. However, I will definitely need some help if I'm gonna sew the cummerbund. It seems like a bit of a hassle to be honest, but I think it won't be too bad once I get a clear idea of the bits that go into it. I could shoot you a message if you're up for it :D 

Yes please do. Text me any time I'm happy to answer any questions. This is kind of a complex costume and I'm happy to help in any way I can.

• 1 year later...

I got the file From GalacticArmory

Now I hope you can help me. I have now printed the lower legs in normal size but they don't fit. Does anyone have an idea or a clue? What size do you have to print them in so that they fit? thank you for your help

same to the helmet have someone print it already ?