Ultimate Helmet Comparison Thread!

In trying to keep this thread current, I wanted to post a few additional comparison photos that have come up over the past few years. Some of the related posts have been linked, but here are the inline images.

UQweFO7.jpg

Mon Cal/Far Away Creations on the left. RS on the right.

OjG6hFJh.jpg

New Image Prop Replicas on the right. RS Props on the left.

SGej51D.jpg

Chris the Prop Guy on the right. Original screen used helmet on the left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Corey. That New Image bucket is surprisingly close to the RS. I had not heard of them before. Pretty cool website.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Donovan said:

Is that a whole new sculpt on Cals helmet? Or is the lens just cut out more properly shaped? 

That's a new sculpt. Well, from a few years ago, but yes, a more recent newly created sculpt.

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

That's a new sculpt. Well, from a few years ago, but yes, a more recent newly created sculpt.

Wow it looks pretty great, I haven't been active on the forums in years so I've missed quite a bit I suppose haha

1 minute ago, Donovan said:

Wow it looks pretty great, I haven't been active on the forums in years so I've missed quite a bit I suppose haha

Yeah he did a really good job on the new model. It's a rotocast bucket with an ABS visor and faceplate.

• 2 months later...

I finally upgraded my SC to a Moncal helmet. I was hesitant because of all the painting required but finally found that Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy white spraypaint was a near perfect match. The nice part about SC was that you just had to assemble the ABS plastic, put on the stickers, and you were good to go. Moncal was a lot more work involving the resin dome and ABS faceplate but in the end it was totally worth it. Not to say that the SC was easy. You still had to do a lot of work aligning the plastic correctly. Moncal seemed to just "fit" better.

For some reason the Moncal bucket just seems to look more menacing and accurate to me. Something was always a little "off" with the SC helmet. I think the main reason I like Moncal is the wider lense and deeper grooves with the "saggy eyes." It has sharper angles which I like as well. It's definitely a bit bigger but even as a smaller person I don't think it's too big. It's easier to fit electronics in the Moncal as well. Both vendors had excellent communication and I recommend either one. Both are great but I'd say the Moncal looks way cooler in the end. I haven't tried Moncal's armor but I love my SC armor personally

Anyway, here are the comparison shots, Moncal is on the right (or bottom depending on your screen) and SC on the left (or top pic of each pair)

Side by side

7NTQJFwl.jpg

PJFKlyRl.jpg

Ddunp2Ll.jpg

f2FxBZNl.jpg

GwaFZeEl.jpg

6RQ3PAMl.jpg

TJB4wTSl.jpg

irD0jIcl.jpg

CR1iRtUl.jpg

mf2PYUtl.jpg

Front

hCnH55zl.jpgrsKt96Bl.jpg

BmengWYl.jpgsiqSYEnl.jpg

C5xhk4cl.jpghHpiJagl.jpg

C5xhk4cl.jpgMMvRMV6l.jpg

Underneath

b9pZdrRl.jpgpuTSElCl.jpg

XE9YdYkl.jpgiRH3r6Hl.jpg

Top: you can see that the SC has a lot stubbier visior

C0mzacgl.jpgd4JijpEl.jpg

1obMXQil.jpg60LGFqal.jpg

Sides

7p8bIKDl.jpgFdWrNp5l.jpg

Wearing: this...this right here is where SC starts to lose me. For some reason I looove how Moncal looks. I love the SC armor and the vendor but man Moncal blows me away by how cool it looks

G2GNnbVl.jpg3lxIbgfl.jpg

KxzwlZEl.jpgtEFZBnwl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• BikerScout007 changed the title to Ultimate Helmet Comparison Thread!
  • BikerScout007 pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone seen this new bucket by ironmotion? He is currently doing a prototype. Looking good so far. The bolt won’t match Lancer Standards I guess. I‘ve already told him my opinion about this. I don’t know if he will offer a full armor kit. Usually he‘s doing TD and TK armor. Maybe a future source for European based Scouts.

2ead2c739960bdd23c1ee2bc9c5d4ccd.jpg

d190d3907a1af2aaed2cb662042b3f9a.jpg

897d72ac90f36188f689a801037e7404.jpg

841d960794f1788aef45836a0d1a83e3.jpg

b9277454022780fc6c5dce69fecdb2ce.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Interesting, thanks for the heads up on this Arne. Do you by any chance have any images of a fully assembled helmet from them?

He just made the first test pulls. I guess he'll add more pictures to his instagram profile when he's got one assembled.

• Like 2

Gotcha, please keep us updated if you see them post more images.

• Like 1

He posted some new pictures on his IG. In September he will present a completely build one at the Noris Force Con. Because he's making some prototypes for the TD I guess he will be doing the complete armor later on.

1fikrm.jpg 2nhko3.jpg 35ujzz.jpg 4qgjad.jpg 5ogjwc.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Arne. Looks like a decent helmet and I don't see any major issues so far with regard to clearance. I did notice that on his model, the surface around the ear hole looks like it's flat, while the production helmets are more rounded.

ear.JPG

VS

SWH%20Biker%2007.jpg

SWH%20Biker%2008.jpg

SWH%20Biker%2012.jpg

I see what you mean but maybe it’s just the lightning or the test pull. The forms do look like they rounded. I‘ll keep my eyes on it or maybe I just ask hin.

dad35168e030406e61227cfaa17b29ab.jpg

The finished Prototype without snout. I‘ll definitely want to get my fingers on one of these!

90f773fd84fd1bc13e53ad5d6d6f5dd1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Chopper the edge does look pretty good to me!

275193654e666c8478690fa784a5305f.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've just ordered one of the new Iron Motion helmets. I can give you a little comparrison with my SC helmet as soon as it arrives. He will starting pulling the parts in two weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Thank you for the composite image, Andrew. Yes, the armory team is currently looking at the recently released photos of the Black Series Scout helmet. It does look promising, but we'll prob have more detailed feedback once we get closer to seeing the in-hand reviews.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 2:17 PM, Chopper said:

Thank you for the composite image, Andrew. Yes, the armory team is currently looking at the recently released photos of the Black Series Scout helmet. It does look promising, but we'll prob have more detailed feedback once we get closer to seeing the in-hand reviews.

How close are the other black series lids to accuracy? Artillery TK, FOTK?

Specifics on required mods would need to come from the responsible detachments, in this case Whitearmor for the TKs.

Speaking generally, some black series helmets are closer in accuracy than others, but I believe all of them require some amount of modifications for 501st approval.

• Thanks 1