Ultimate Helmet Comparison Thread!

• 1 month later...

Reviving this thread to see if I can get some updated info! Looking into getting a helmet from WTF and was wondering if anyone had measurements on one of those. I'm a 23/23.5in so on the larger side so I was leaning with SC but I'm not sure. Any info would be most appreciated!

9 hours ago, clayorrnot said:

Reviving this thread to see if I can get some updated info! Looking into getting a helmet from WTF and was wondering if anyone had measurements on one of those. I'm a 23/23.5in so on the larger side so I was leaning with SC but I'm not sure. Any info would be most appreciated!

The SC helmet isn't "small", but it's one of the smaller ones out there. If your head is on the larger side, then honestly I would lean towards getting the Altmann helmet from Spike.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, clayorrnot said:

I have about the same size head and fit in the SC one fine!  I just got mine in and after playing around with the pads a bit, have it fitting just about perfect.  I have a couple of thick pads on the forehead section and back of the base of my head and then a small strip of 1/4" foam on the top and it fits really nice!

Not sure of size difference, but SC's kit is much easier to assemble and can be put together in a way that doesn't require you to paint it. That is a big deal because painted armor gets dirty faster than bare plastic and you will end up with a helmet that looks very different from your armor.

• 3 weeks later...

So I guess Altman's remains the best option for larger heads still? I have a 24/24.5 inch head. While I am looking for a display helmet, I'd much prefer to still be able to wear it.

I am looking for a finished helmet, no kits, on a budget. It seems Altmann or New Image are the only options I've got.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paul Massingill said:

Looking to buy a biker scout helmet that the 501st would accept. Do you know what I could buy? Which would be best Altmann or EFX or something else? I know no stickers.

I believe all of those helmets have been approved for the 501st at some point but if you want to compare the overall accuracy to make an informed decision I'd recommend this thread (all of those have been 501st approved):

• 5 weeks later...

hello. i have already claimed the forum search, but unfortunately found nothing specific. i wanted to ask if any of you have experience with this helmet or with the producer. 
-> https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/756291363/biker-scout-trooper?ref=cart

i think it looks quite useful, except for the open valves, especially for this price, but of course i like to rely on experiences already made.

Alternatively, i would like the one from New Image, but it costs twice as much and i'm not sure about that yet. on the other hand, it looks much more like the original ones. -> https://www.newimage-prop-replicas.co.uk/product-page/full-size-biker-scout-trooper-helmet-version-3-weathered

(and I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong thread here, of course I've read a lot, but I'm still new and haven't got the overview of all the detailed threads yet)

thanks a lot in advance (and sorry for my "school english")
imperial greetings

16 minutes ago, mangobaum said:

hello. i have already claimed the forum search, but unfortunately found nothing specific. i wanted to ask if any of you have experience with this helmet or with the producer. 
-> https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/756291363/biker-scout-trooper?ref=cart

i think it looks quite useful, except for the open valves, especially for this price, but of course i like to rely on experiences already made.

Alternatively, i would like the one from New Image, but it costs twice as much and i'm not sure about that yet. on the other hand, it looks much more like the original ones. -> https://www.newimage-prop-replicas.co.uk/product-page/full-size-biker-scout-trooper-helmet-version-3-weathered

(and I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong thread here, of course I've read a lot, but I'm still new and haven't got the overview of all the detailed threads yet)

thanks a lot in advance (and sorry for my "school english")
imperial greetings

I can't speak to that Etsy vendor, but that looks like a print of a common 3D Scout helmet model. I see a number of issues with that particular helmet, notably the upper visor, ear holes, and cut out "vents".

We have had a few scouts who ordered the newimage helmet and were quite happy with it. You can see a post with some images in the links below:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I can't speak to that Etsy vendor, but that looks like a print of a common 3D Scout helmet model. I see a number of issues with that particular helmet, notably the upper visor, ear holes, and cut out "vents".

Many thanks for the quick response!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2016 at 12:51 PM, CRISTONAMO said:

Heres a few pictures i took for comparison between scouts

The first is a Altmanns, a Nairod biker scout 5 piece helmet, and a KS helmet.

29013495824_3f265c52b5_c.jpg

Nairod, and KS.

29349046550_139d1369b1_c.jpg

Nairod, KS

29528956852_c28a4f196b_c.jpg

Below is a comparison of a Rubies scout trooper helmet and a Don Post scout trooper helmet, both modified by me.

28878766464_6fb2c265d5_c.jpg

Rubies on the left, don post on the right.

29469435376_d5e76b9fc4_c.jpg

This is what the rubies looked like when I got it.

29503699645_43b95e66b5_c.jpg

And this is what the don post looked like when i bought it.

29503699375_2dd8d4e9b3_c.jpg

Has anyone also checked out CyberCraft’s Scout helmet for a comparison as well? Theirs seems to be very accurate as an addition. But what are other’s thiughts?

I searched the threads and I couldn’t find a post on it yet. 

0AD1834F-862E-43B4-A52D-95FE50CAED27.jpeg

8 hours ago, Gr1mmdark said:

Has anyone also checked out CyberCraft’s Scout helmet for a comparison as well? Theirs seems to be very accurate as an addition. But what are other’s thiughts?

I searched the threads and I couldn’t find a post on it yet. 

0AD1834F-862E-43B4-A52D-95FE50CAED27.jpeg

The way the faceplate connects to the sides of the dome portion, near the lower jaw is quite different from most of the other helmets out there, including the screen used ones. I haven't seen anyone do it like that before, especially with all the reference shots we have now. I also can't tell in the indents on the back right are actually intents, or just gray stickers placed on the surface. Same for the traps on the upper back. What is it made of? Fiberglass? Rotocast? 3D printed?

I’m honestly not sure, I asked what it was made of and was given this response, “this is durable plastic from Smooth on.” Doesn’t really help much. Their communication isn’t good either which bothers me. 

Using smooth on would mean that it's rotocast resin, most likely. 

There are better and more accurate helmets available. I'd look at some of the other vendors listed here and in the ultimate armor comparison thread. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Harkas said:

Does anyone have a RWA helmet yet? 

I've been watching some of the builds in his facebook group, but I haven't seen anyone post a formal review or comparison.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I`m thinking about replacing my Chef´s Creations helmet by a helmet of New Image Props. Can anyone tell me, if there´s a difference regarding the white color-tone, so that there might by a slight difference between the color of the rest of the armor?

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, Nifi-Stereo said:

I`m thinking about replacing my Chef´s Creations helmet by a helmet of New Image Props. Can anyone tell me, if there´s a difference regarding the white color-tone, so that there might by a slight difference between the color of the rest of the armor?

I was also thinking of getting a Newimage Prop helmet too.

But somehow the back part of the helmet doesn’t look right. Shouldn’t the vertical strips be in line with the trapezoids? Please correct me if I am wrong.

626329D6-8E1B-46F5-A035-CA2A802BF7B0.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, star-trooper said:

I was also thinking of getting a Newimage Prop helmet too.

But somehow the back part of the helmet doesn’t look right. Shouldn’t the vertical strips be in line with the trapezoids? Please correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. From the production helmets:

Helmet%20back.jpg

Pre%20pro%20back.jpg

That would entirely depend as to whether or not the helmets are clearcoated over the decals or not.

The RS helmets and many others use vinyl adhesive decals for the vertical black stripes. Just looking at the photos, it seems that the new image decals are clearcoated.

You could email them to ask about it easily enough though.