Ultimate Helmet Comparison Thread!

You rock Nikko! This is a perfect example for me, I had the same ridge/hump on the right side of my

Nose, and was worried to trim it in case t looked funny. This proves it's the right call, the reworked eyes on yours look real nice.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone!

So after reading this thread was wondering which helmet is best for the largest head and is it available? sadly I have a big mellon for a head as well but really wish to purchase a bucket. Can anybody help?

Thanks!!!!

• 2 months later...

The short squatted look of the SC reminds me of pit bulls. Also looks the least accurate of the three, just my opinion.

What I really like about the MCL is flush fit of the front part and ear section (where it lifts up, side view). My KS is a little off but not as bad as the one shown.

Do you know if the Altmans has that same flush fit like the MCL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Here is an example of modifying the SC lens cut to be more film-accurate... The SC bucket can be quite accurate if the lens area is slightly re-worked.

You can see that the top needs to be shaved about an eighth of an inch higher, and the "valleys" need to be a bit deeper and sharper. Also, the upper left and right corners need to be sharper. After my mod, it looks much more like the film props.

before the cut:

20150917_212034_zpszmzgnq1q.jpeg

...and after the cut:

20150924_210735_zpsfyzffjza.jpeg

Hail Nikko, coming at you from the other side of the river (saw you have WI listed on your profile, I'm in MN). Did you have to get a new lens after you made that mod to that SC bucket. Looks effing awesome btw! The mod doesn't look overly complicated but was just wondering. Great job again brethren.

Troop on trooper.

• 4 weeks later...

Heres a few pictures i took for comparison between scouts

The first is a Altmanns, a Nairod biker scout 5 piece helmet, and a KS helmet.

29013495824_3f265c52b5_c.jpg

Nairod, and KS.

29349046550_139d1369b1_c.jpg

Nairod, KS

29528956852_c28a4f196b_c.jpg

Below is a comparison of a Rubies scout trooper helmet and a Don Post scout trooper helmet, both modified by me.

28878766464_6fb2c265d5_c.jpg

Rubies on the left, don post on the right.

29469435376_d5e76b9fc4_c.jpg

This is what the rubies looked like when I got it.

29503699645_43b95e66b5_c.jpg

And this is what the don post looked like when i bought it.

29503699375_2dd8d4e9b3_c.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my Studio creations helmet (Left) Compared to my buddy's RS Props helmet (Right)...I think I might steal it! Seriously what an awesome helmet, unfortunately he had to do a lot of work to get it that nice becasue RS sent it to him thrown together, but it looks awesome now.

BVQi01w.jpg

fMaC62W.jpg

Hg66vf7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn't know RS made a scout. i just acquired a complete Boba Fett from RS, and I am shocked at how thin the vac-formed parts are. There's also a few really obvious things that don't match the 501st CRL. I know RS is well respected for making accurate TK's, but I won't give them the benefit of the doubt on anything else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I know its a pain, but any chance of updating the Photobucket image links with something that works?

Its a shame to let all the discussion go to waste without the images that go with it :(

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/14/2017 at 7:58 PM, cheesewhoopy said:

Here's my Studio creations helmet (Left) Compared to my buddy's RS Props helmet (Right)...I think I might steal it! Seriously what an awesome helmet, unfortunately he had to do a lot of work to get it that nice becasue RS sent it to him thrown together, but it looks awesome now.

BVQi01w.jpg

fMaC62W.jpg

Hg66vf7.jpg

The RS is not all that much larger than the SC, is it? I was under the impression it would be quite a bit bigger.

I believe that SC based his on the Rubies/Don Post one, which was assumed to be correct aside from the cheap vinyl construction. Interesting to see side-by-side cause I don't think any other vendor has access to a screen used helmet (maybe Altmans, as they were officially licensed to make theirs).

Honestly, I emailed SC earlier this year about replacing my 2013 armor and he told me to buy from RS for the accuracy. I've had bad experiences with RS and that combined with the price makes me lean more toward SC for armor, but I understand RS has the most screen accurate parts.