Best Place to get blasters.

Hey Guys, I'm new and I'm really excited to build my ROTJ scout armor. I was just curious about the blasters. Id like to have a DLT 19x and a EC 17 but I don't have a 3D printer, there for id have to buy a kit or one that's already put together. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I've looked on ETSY and seen a lot of good ones but id hate to spend the cash and find out they aren't proper builds. Let me know and I'm more than welcome to share what I have found. Thanks. 

Blasters are somewhat tricky to get right now, if you can't go the 3D route, or don't know anyone who is willing to print for you. Our primary blaster seller, DVH, sold his molds a few years ago and the buyer hasn't started producing anything yet.

Etsy is a big of a mixed bag, like any marketplace. Some models are decent, some...less so.

What one's were you looking at on Etsy?

I can't speak to the speed or delivery times of that vendor, but the model for the 19X looks fine.

The EC17 will likely be okay for basic clearance, but will not pass Level 2/Lancer, if that's important to you.

• Like 2

Currently I’m just trying to get basic level clearance so I can go to events and have approved status and then work slowly towards level 2 Lancer. If there’s a better/more affordable option for the EC17, I’m highly interested

On 5/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, Rookie said:

I've bought a E-11 from imperial arms last year. Depending on the finish you choose you might not be 100% satisfied because of the printing lines. In total the E-11 is a little bit wonky especially the foldable stock. I guess this shouldn't be a problem with the EC-17 because it's small. With the DLT... I don't know. But that's two years ago maybe they improved their prints. Maybe the best would be to get the DIY kit and some spray primer and sanding paper this way you would at least get rid of the printing lines 😛

foto13.12.201344449xkbc.jpg

• Thanks 1

I’ve seen the finished product of this particular model of DLT19X and it’s undersized. It’s much narrower with a smaller diameter barrel and will be noticeable right away if another trooper is carrying a DLT19X or a stormy is packing a standard DLT19.

• Thanks 1

If you can hold off on getting the EC17 for a little while, the new mold owner of DVH’s blaster should be in production soon.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:54 PM, AradunFF said:

I’ve seen the finished product of this particular model of DLT19X and it’s undersized. It’s much narrower with a smaller diameter barrel and will be noticeable right away if another trooper is carrying a DLT19X or a stormy is packing a standard DLT19.

So is there a different vendor that you would recommend for the DLT 19X? Id really would like to get one but I want to put my money into a good blaster. 

There’s not a lot of options for a fully printed DLT19X. It’s more common to find a regular DLT19, which you could opt for, as it too is listed as an option in the ROTJ Scout CRL.

Keep in mind that if you look for a 19X version that it should not have the bipod mounted to it. I mention that because sometimes you see merchants offering a DLT19 with a scope slapped on top. It won’t be approved by a GML with the bipod (or at least shouldn’t be).

I’ll be honest, for the price of a finished DLT19X, I decided to invest in a 3D printer instead for about $100 more. It was worth the investment! I’ve bought plenty of 3D print files to print my own stuff, but I don’t have any experience with vendors that print 3D models aside from Brian Payne who owns 3DPrintMercMart on Etsy.

He has a DLT19 DIY kit that you assemble and finish, but not the 19X. He does offer a completely finished version via custom request.

If you have your heart set on the 19X, you could reach out to him and see if he could omit the bipod if you go with the custom finish request, or if it could be assembled without out it if you plan to get the DIY kit and finish it yourself. Then you would just need to add the proper Scope, which is also tough to find finished.

I do want to note that there is one merchant on Etsy that I found when getting ready to reply to you that has a very good version of the DLT19X, but it appears he is printing someone else’s IP. I won’t recommend him until I find out if he has permission from the owner of the files he appears to be using. I’ll be sure to follow up if I hear anything.

If you have a garrison mate or friend with a 3D printer, you could always pick up the files and pay them to print it for you. Then, assemble and finish it yourself.

The surfinbird ones on thingiverse are great , as used by the wise man posting above so if ya can find someone to print it for you then use them. 

Or like Dennis said , invest in a printer if you can ( the thingiverse 19x is free ) and have a go yaself 

The surfinbird ones on thingiverse are great , as used by the wise man posting above so if ya can find someone to print it for you then use them. 

Or like Dennis said , invest in a printer if you can ( the thingiverse 19x is free ) and have a go yaself 

Unfortunately Matt, Surfinbird132 pulled all of his stuff from Thingiverse. He now has the DLT19X files posted on Cults3D for a nominal fee.

Ohhh okay   

@Rookie  I still have them on my Mac if you want them , just let us know it’s no bother 

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

@Chopper or @AradunFF do either one of you know of this websites validity for weapon printing or any other info on them? There are only THREE reviews on this particular model:

TLIXi_QN0_guF-uR6bfrslDAS5MPVt-h2JaJVGTr

Link:

Bountyhunterarmory DIY DLT-19 KIT

The price seems low even for DIY doesnt it? I am wanting to make my first purchase as well, and if this is a viable option, I'd be more than happy to make that purchase. My past oversees purchases and good pathfinder advice (research or ask around first!) demands i make no hasty purchases. Thanks to anyone who can deliver some good info for it. Cheers.

-Scot

I make both, but I don't make the X scope portion of the DLT 19.  I make them from resin too, so no print lines, and they don't be affected by heat  and are much more durable.  PM me if interested, I need to get back to work before the cold temps come back anyways.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 6:42 AM, troygordon2 said:

I make both, but I don't make the X scope portion of the DLT 19.  I make them from resin too, so no print lines, and they don't be affected by heat  and are much more durable.  PM me if interested, I need to get back to work before the cold temps come back anyways.

I've got files that I created for the scope on the DLT 19X that you could cast as an addition if you're feeling up for it.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 3:05 AM, BikerScout98 said:

@Chopper or @AradunFF do either one of you know of this websites validity for weapon printing or any other info on them? There are only THREE reviews on this particular model:

TLIXi_QN0_guF-uR6bfrslDAS5MPVt-h2JaJVGTr

Link:

Bountyhunterarmory DIY DLT-19 KIT

The price seems low even for DIY doesnt it? I am wanting to make my first purchase as well, and if this is a viable option, I'd be more than happy to make that purchase. My past oversees purchases and good pathfinder advice (research or ask around first!) demands i make no hasty purchases. Thanks to anyone who can deliver some good info for it. Cheers.

-Scot

Scot, I think that’s absurdly low for a print and with free world wide shipping to boot from Australia.  He may be offering low prices to attract customers because he’s new, but I would personally pass.  If you know of anyone local or in your garrison that would print one for you I can direct you to some excellent files. Although, I do recommend you touch base with @troygordon2 He does very nice work in resin.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AradunFF said:

I do recommend you touch base with @troygordon2 He does very nice work in resin.  

@AradunFF This is a great example of why i asked. Instead of you just answering with:

"Scot, I think that’s absurdly low for a print and with free world wide shipping to boot from Australia"

you also offer advice on ALTERNATIVE METHODS to acquire said item. I try not to tag anyone as much as possible, but i hope others see & understand THIS IS WHY i do do it to them at times. I will pm @troygordon2 to see what he can offer up for me. Really do appreciate what you do for us dennis, very seriously do brother...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1