Mandrake's build

Mandrake

18 hours ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

That sucks.   Mind you the current sanctions on Russia wont be helping matters.  

I agree that it's not helping, however my emails began being ignored over 2 months ago, before any troubles started. Supposedly it was in for painting in January, after I asked why it was taking so long,the status magically changed after 10 months of being the Same all that time. Since that point I've heard nothing,all correspondence has been ignored since they have asked for more money for delivery, however unfortunately for them I spoke to someone who ordered a few months before me and only recently received his armour,he paid less in delivery than me and didn't have to pay additional fees, also their current delivery price is what I paid originally,so why they asked for a additional $90 I haven't a clue 🤔 that would of brought total shipping costs to $280!!!! I had photographic evidence that I sent with the email. All I can do is wait to see if I do ever receive my armour,and unfortunately I expect it to be cracked or broken, due to poor packing and any replacement parts needed won't ever be replaced. 😕

• Sad 1

As I stated before, I've spoken to many disgruntled customers, despite public promises on here and various other places, armour is frequently broken in transit due to bad packing, you can see it in the wip's on here... Sad thing is,it could be easily rectified...The worst case is of someone who's armour was completely broken and unfixable, from publicly promising on here to fix it, nothing was done and all messages ignored.I could give you many different examples of very very bad so called 'customer service' along with more questionable practices..

Hope you get it sorted.  Post up in the vendor issues thread and get it escalated.  I know the guy is a user on here 

If I'm honest I don't see the point, I've spoken to people who have posted on the vendor issues thread and nothing come of it other than a false promise of repairs, which never materialised and ignored emails 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Mandrake said:

If I'm honest I don't see the point, I've spoken to people who have posted on the vendor issues thread and nothing come of it other than a false promise of repairs, which never materialised and ignored emails 🤷‍♂️

Sorry about your experience.  I have tried reaching out to Denis recently and I think it's going to be an issue resolving any of this while the situation in Ukraine is ongoing.  

Thanks you, it is appreciated!!        Agreed ,the current political situation has made resolving any issues far more awkward.However what cannot be defended is the chronic lack of communication and downright lie's that have been told...for some reason many people have felt the need to keep quiet and not make a fuss about the problems they have had, unfortunately I'm not one of those people!!! I have spoken to many disgruntled customers because I started to see both on here and Facebook that a pattern of problems was evident, I'm speaking for them as well as myself, I'm a honest and trustworthy person , the way the business is conducted and the downright lie's DO NOT sit well with me. Denis posted up on the prop shop Facebook page a day or two ago saying a newsletter had been sent out and  invited messages,so he should be able to receive correspondence..

So I've just checked my emails and received some information finally, and it isn't good.i have been told that my armour is now complete and packed,all of a sudden 🤔, but due to the current situation he is not able to ship large boxes out and would like me to apply for a refund!!! I was informed last time I spoke to them that they photograph the armour for Insurance purposes when packing,so I have asked for those... I'm guessing someone from the 501st contacted him yesterday and that's why I got some kind of response... 🤔

I'm sorry but I have put far too much time ( a year!!!) effort and money(the unimportant one) in to this , only for a sad world event be used as a excuse!!!! I understand it's a sad situation and it shouldn't be taken advantage of....

https://ibb.co/tLZM7Gc the last correspondence I got several months ago stating they photograph the armour before packing.if any photographs exist,and I do receive them,my name should be clearly visible on the inside rear of the chest armour.

The time frame seems excessive but that seems to be the norm with custom stuff sadly , add that to the location and then double up with the severe sanctions on Russia and Russian businesses ( the no shipping and ban on money movements  is very much a thing at the moment ).

I see what you mean and in your position id be miffed too but I can also see what he says . Given this will be damaging his reputation ( this game that is everything ) then he isn't gonna want this more than you do.

It boils down to this I guess , given the wait already you can either ride it out and hope this world situation is resolved soon or do the chargeback , get the money and then try to find someone else that can do it and again wait a while from the custom commission.

If it was me ? id hope like hell it all calms down soon and ride it out.

Get drunk and thank whatever you believe in its not you getting your country bombed out of existence.

Its far from ideal but that seems to be your options and I truly hope whatever you decide to do its sorted as soon as is practicable 

• Thanks 1

Out of pure principle I would rather wait longer,to be quite honest.If he can provide me with the pictures of my armour,as I have requested from them, ,they do state they have packed it and they do also say they take pictures when packing,so it should be easy enough for them to provide me proof!I have started 3d printing and am more than capable of making it myself, this is why I know that it has taken far to long to make, considering the size of his print farm, it should take a 4 to 6 months and that's being very very generous.Like I have said before there's more disappointed customers than you would think,  broken armour, ignored messages are standard and promises on here HAVE been broken.

• Sad 1

I'll give you a example of just one person's experience.He ordered a death trooper suit in October 2020, after waiting 8 month's with no contact, he asked where his order was,he was told they had forgotten about it,a $1400 order😳!!!!He then had to wait 8 more months before receiving it this year , when it arrived it smelt heavily of smoke from the fire that happened in October 2021, where unfortunately all the undersuits that prop shop had stopped selling before march 2021 all got burnt.. 😕

https://ibb.co/D5zsRWB this is one of the last emails received at the start of the year, asking for more money for delivery, supposedly the paint was drying then...the price for delivery of a newly ordered armour, at that time, when they were being sold,was the amount I originally paid , which was $190. I know the amount charged because I went on to the prop shop website,at the time they asked for more money and put a order in my cart and I found the shipping for DHL was $190 and not $285 ... 🤷‍♂️

Things just are just getting better..I can't get a refund because it's been over 180 days since ordering,I payed through PayPal as I don't own a credit card,and I can't receive one from prop shop either due to sanctions...

• Sad 1

But as I've stated, I'd very much like to be proven wrong and be given pictures of my finalised armour,it really shouldn't be much effort to prove they are telling the truth...

I have tried to contact Denis and I have checked on the website , helmets are still being sold and PayPal can be used as a payment method as far as I can tell,I have put one in the basket and PayPal was available🤷‍♂️

https://ibb.co/8DsW6mM the email received, after someone possibly from the 501st contacted him on my behalf, because I had been ignored for 2 months previously.. whoever it was the gesture was truly appreciated!!! it's worth noting I've been blocked from armour prop shop page and patrol trooper build group on Facebook, the only thing I've said on there is ,where is my armour, it's taken a unacceptable amount of time, other negative comments from other people have also been deleted...

There's nothing I can do now but wait for Denis to be honest and give me a refund as soon as is possible.

I have been informed by a friend in Russia ,it is still possible to transfer money using a direct bank transfer that is not effected by swift withdrawal. I have contacted prop shop informing them of this information and also AGAIN requesting pictures of the supposedly finalized and packed armour..all it would take to prove the truth is ONE photo, which it seems like they can't provide..

feel really bad for ya fella... was any of the payment made on a credit card ( or you used a credit card via PayPal etc ).  If you did you can section 75 claim for the money back that way.

I know Mando makes on Facebook has really accurate armour files but its the soft parts that is an issue , least if I ever went for it as not sure who else does them to a good enough standard 

I would be very cautious about doing a wire transfer. When sending funds via wire transfer, once the funds are sent they cannot be recovered.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

I would be very cautious about doing a wire transfer. When sending funds via wire transfer, once the funds are sent they cannot be recovered.

Think he means they send him the refund via that method rather than him sending them money

Posted entirely without comment. 

They’ve posted an update video on Facebook for what it’s worth  

@Mandrake don’t know if you follow then on there but it’s with a watch