UK jacket maker

Due to the patrol trooper undersuit not being available to purchase from the armoury shop prop website, I've had to get creative and find a seamstress who is willing to make one from scratch,I have sourced ALL the correct material needed and we will begin working together soon,I'm wondering if anyone else would be looking for one to be made to order ,if all goes well?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Ruthar @Hask @BikerScout007@MrPoopie @wingnut65 @Edoodeso I've been watching videos of other styles of trooper costumes and there undersuits , one of which included a mesh type material for the non visible part's,and it got me thinking,why not incorporate it in to the one I'm having made,but seeing as I have no experience of wearing the suit or armour I'm unsure of exactly where the visibility of the undersuit ends and if including mesh would aid in keeping that bit cooler.what are your guy's thoughts as you have experience of wearing everything, would it be a welcome addition instead of the jacket being fully faux leather? 

Funny you should ask because I have been thinking of modifying my existing jacket to include a mesh. I haven't been able to wear the costume much due to COVID, but I was thinking about adding mesh to the back area and a smaller area in the armpits.

-Edoode

• Like 1

@EdoodeThanks for the reply :)Could you provide me with some pictures of where you think where mesh would be suitable and unnoticeable? I'm working blind and only have pictures from here and toy's to work from..it would be far easier having the armour here but I'll probably be waiting month's for it to arrive , so needs must!

Easiest would be to just put mesh on the chest area like is done with a lot of the Shoretrooper tops

• Like 2

This is something we're trying to address with any new jacket vendors. This jacket is very similar to the Shoretrooper jacket in what is covered by armor and what is visible. If you want some reference photos check out the shore jackets to see where everything on the chest and back area lays.

• Like 1

I think adding an unseen mesh would be a great idea! The faux leather is definitely a bit toasty! :P

• Like 2

@MrPoopie @BikerScout007 thanks for the advice,I'm yet to speak to the Seamstress face to face , however we are in discussion about the intricacies of the design,if all goes well ,could she be a vendor for this / shore trooper tops? I believe she has the talent to make neck seals / bibs also, although she has no previous experience of star wars costuming, just a great knowledge of her craft and a sharp eye.

12 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

@MrPoopie @BikerScout007 thanks for the advice,I'm yet to speak to the Seamstress face to face , however we are in discussion about the intricacies of the design,if all goes well ,could she be a vendor for this / shore trooper tops? I believe she has the talent to make neck seals / bibs also, although she has no previous experience of star wars costuming, just a great knowledge of her craft and a sharp eye.

We're always happy to include new vendors. We just ask that they meet the CRL requirements. It's also a plus for if they work with us directly to iron out the kinks and intricacies of each piece. Sometimes people don't see all the little details, but we stare at this stuff all day long. Ultimately we want to folks to create the best looking and functioning costume possible. Both parties will always be happiest with a quality product.

If you like you can PM one of us and possibly connect us with your seamstress if they'd be willing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sithlord337 said:

I am currently discussing the same thing as I am in the UK. I think a UK supplier would be excellent for the jacket and trousers, although as there are so few Patrol Troopers, I'm not sure how cost effective it might be

Unfortunately we are only working on a jacket design at the moment,we shall see how that goes and if it's successful...    it wouldn't be her main focus though as she already owns a clothing making and repair business.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

Pictures of the finalised jacket below ;) https://ibb.co/dQrDyD0  https://ibb.co/q94qHCg  https://ibb.co/cyJjD9b  https://ibb.co/svL5f6N

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Link is broken

13 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

Should be working now??

I think the problem is that the link you have posted is a run on link all in one line instead of separate links for each photo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Just now, TreeHuggerMatt said:

This ever get fully sorted?

Not that I'm aware of. We still really don't have a maker for the jacket. The only real option is to make it yourself or find a someone to make it for you.

We did recently lower the bar for Lvl.1 jackets. They have a much easier ribbing pattern now and this should help anyone who wants to make the jacket themselves.

Jacket
  • Smooth semi-gloss black material.
  • Sleeves are ribbed.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • Jacket should be tailored to wearer so as not to be too loose or baggy.
  • Sleeves consist of ribbed, smooth and stitched sections. See image for details.