UK jacket maker

Just a heads up not to buy one from sheeves emporium, just incase you are tempted, he's not fulfilling orders and ignoring customers messages, I've seen lots of people complaining about him on various Facebook pages!
You could always ask carol if she's willing to make one for you?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Mandrake said:

Just a heads up not to buy one from sheeves emporium, just incase you are tempted, he's not fulfilling orders and ignoring customers messages, I've seen lots of people complaining about him on various Facebook pages!
You could always ask carol if she's willing to make one for you?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Got the contact info?

I kept the measurements from chef for the scout so provide them if she is still able to 

carolgregorydesign@gmail.com

7 hours ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

Got the contact info?

I kept the measurements from chef for the scout so provide them if she is still able to 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Might think I  park this for now

Struggling to find either the material or the ribbing and any contact with folks that state they make costumes like this just goes to nothing..

Pants would be less of an issue and the boots and armour are easily found, Its just so frustrating. Wish I could find someone to make it but hey ho.

It is what it its eh

i do wanna do it but maybe just not yet  

I’ll smash it when I do 

Edited by TreeHuggerMatt
Typo / added words
  • Like 1

The ribbing material is easy enough to get, you can get it from eBay etc or hobbiecraft if you want to go into a shop,I imagine haberdashery would probably stock it too 👍

15 hours ago, Mandrake said:

The ribbing material is easy enough to get, you can get it from eBay etc or hobbiecraft if you want to go into a shop,I imagine haberdashery would probably stock it too 👍

Could you give me some key words to look for this material? I seriously can’t find anything, and am making my own ribbing! 😭

Piping cord ,fabric piping and Sewing piping seem to be the 3 most commonly used names for it 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s something.   

Have any of our PTs had mesh panels fitted to the jacket at all for helping with heat?

My dodgy thinking was a small section on the front and back above the felt? Section at the bottom of the jacket as seen on @MrPoopiesuit up video and a similar section on the back. Given that it would all be hidden by the armour 

the seamstress can do it eventually in the future but as the crl pic still shows the full jacket in the leather like stuff would that be a potential fail point come clearance. 

Any help on this from anyone would be amazing

5 minutes ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

Here’s something.   

Have any of our PTs had mesh panels fitted to the jacket at all for helping with heat?

My dodgy thinking was a small section on the front and back above the felt? Section at the bottom of the jacket as seen on @MrPoopiesuit up video and a similar section on the back. Given that it would all be hidden by the armour 

the seamstress can do it eventually in the future but as the crl pic still shows the full jacket in the leather like stuff would that be a potential fail point come clearance. 

We don't care about what we can't see from the outside when it comes to approvals and that would be true of the jacket as well

The shore trooper shirts are typically made with mesh chests for this reason and that doesn't affect approval. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheers @BikerScout007 it would be taken from the view of the costume as a whole so if it’s hidden. We’re golden 

cheers boss

happy 4th for tomorrow Mickey 

8 hours ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

Here’s something.   

You won't regret having mesh panels there, trust me 😉,you can even fit a laptop cooler and power supply in the back part of the armour for extra cooling!

I can point you in the right direction for making your own adjustable speed,helmet cooling system when the time comes 👍all the parts are from AliExpress, apart from the batteries!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1