MatuteX77's Patrol Trooper Build!

MatuteX77

Hello there!! I am also building a Patrol Trooper armor. I have started with Alain's files but then I added Mr Poopie's too. 

This is the first time I build a costume by myself, still learning about 3D printing and learning from scratch all about post-processing (sanding, priming, painting). So my build is going slow, but it is going...

I have two printers, one with 220x220x300 print size and the other with 330x330x400. 

This is what I have so far:

Printed parts

4U0MkO3.jpg

IDHg0es.jpgLmvkJdn.jpgmGTESQy.jpg

6rCnnhC.jpg

WCq4s8i.jpg

Seems the shoulder bell is rather large...comparing to a TK's

8hXehzF.jpg

Jr03PiT.jpg

Tvmk2t7.jpg3ZNwy6Q.jpgvjyJG5l.jpg

g4ndBdE.jpgCtZNJTV.jpgAKt9ZUy.jpg

okaeidi.jpgJUn4qZM.jpg

Post-processing

TTrQ7pK.jpgHMxEke5.jpgze6xfFz.jpg

7LKi6EP.jpgWs75HqL.jpggqISrZG.jpgvShgRmY.jpg

Still a long way to go. Soft parts will be hard to come by. But I'll leave those for last I guess. Except boots, since the printed parts should fit them.

• Like 6

Hey guys, I am browsing for pants, and I am not sure which way to go...

The CRL says: "Black, loose-fitting, cotton type material." But over here I found 3 cotton ones but slim fitted (and some with the stripe wider than it should be)

Pantalon Jogging De Hombre Chupin Joggings Chelsea MarketJoggers Chupin Elastizados Negro Franja BlancaJogguers Chupin Elastizado Franja Blanca Temp Primav-ver

On the other hand, I found a polyester one, which seems to be loose and the stripe somewhat narrow.

Pantalón De Vestir (vigilancia)Pantalón De Vestir (vigilancia)Pantalón De Vestir (vigilancia)

What do you guys think?

I can’t see your photos, but our very own [mention]BikerScout007 [/mention]used these for his build and I think others may have used this source as well.

https://www.uniformswarehouse.com/striped-polyester-slacks-68986.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot see them? Weird.

I have seen Mickey's choice, but unfortunately for me it isn't an option. It would be very expensive for me to buy it in the US.

Thank you for your reply.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the visual aid from@MrPoopie 's WIP post. I'm laying the ground for my belt pouches. I tried in paper first because I'm terrible at cutting even but I like how it turned out. Found a faux-leather cloth so now I have to go for it and making them for real. 1638624eda9ecd60f307fceac8cc915b.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Hask@MrPoopie@BikerScout007 do you know if there's a correct way to glue this knobs? Or any direction would do just fine? Can't see the properly in the CRL pics or other references I have.

Thanks in advance!!216788f81ed350ac4f00a86f127e25dd.jpg

13 minutes ago, MatuteX77 said:

@Hask@MrPoopie@BikerScout007 do you know if there's a correct way to glue this knobs? Or any direction would do just fine? Can't see the properly in the CRL pics or other references I have.

Thanks in advance!!216788f81ed350ac4f00a86f127e25dd.jpg

The big side pointing inward. Both big sides should be facing each other. 

• Like 1

Thanks!!

Hahaha I now realized I asked a dumb question, there's a placeholder in the shin, no way to glue it wrongly

• Haha 1