Mountain Trooper New Weapon?

This is basically a finished product now. There are a couple tiny things left to tweak but consider it done. Let me know if you notice anything missing or screwy. I had to take a few "artistic liberties" in certain places to make it work properly, this being a tiny toy but I think they are pretty well hidden and work. I think We should go with @BikerScout007 suggestion and call this the E-11P (Poopie). 😁

Color Breakdown:

Pink - 1/2" PVC pipe

Purple - 1" PVC Pipe

Yellow - Unmodified Sean Field's E-22 parts

Orange - Modified Sean Field's E-22 parts

50595454637_daf6d9262f_h.jpg

50595454592_aa5690ec45_h.jpg

50595454617_db8e9cc31f_h.jpg

50595329611_2944070888_h.jpg

50595454537_f01f9bde0f_b.jpg

50594591398_7c4051aae3_h.jpg

50595454647_b0b52b55bb_b.jpg

50595454667_0f104ede85_b.jpg

• Like 3

Amazing work as always!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wompet said:

The rear of the Hengstler lines up with the rear of the scope, but otherwise - Perfect!

eLGarfE.jpg

HAHA, smug little figure man had to point it out for me. Thanks, that's a really easy fix as it's mounted by whomever prints the parts.

I forgot to mention that the rear stock slides in for easier storage. I'm also going to make the front section removable so it'll be 2 big parts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPoopie said:

HAHA, smug little figure man had to point it out for me. Thanks, that's a really easy fix as it's mounted by whomever prints the parts.

Aesthetically, I prefer your design - if there's a Hengstler, it's supposed to line up with the front of the scope.  But someone at Disney or Hasbro had to go and do something different ... 🥴

Seriously, though - that is an amazing design, especially for how quickly you did it.

So now all we need is someone (ahem, @MrPoopie), to print this, paint and weather and then photograph so we can add it to the CRL.

As much as I would love to call this the E-11P, I think for purposes of the CRL we would have to call it "Mountain Trooper blaster" until we get a canon name from LFL.

20 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

So now all we need is someone (ahem, @MrPoopie), to print this, paint and weather and then photograph so we can add it to the CRL.

As much as I would love to call this the E-11P, I think for purposes of the CRL we would have to call it "Mountain Trooper blaster" until we get a canon name from LFL.

I should be able to start printing it next week. I just got word that my Resin printer is shipping so if I can get that running in a reasonable amount of time I can test it out by printing some of these parts. 

Mountain Trooper blaster doesn't have a great ring to it but since there's no real designator (yet) it makes total sense. I'm only slightly heart broken. 

• Haha 2

Just now, MrPoopie said:

I should be able to start printing it next week. I just got word that my Resin printer is shipping so if I can get that running in a reasonable amount of time I can test it out by printing some of these parts. 

Mountain Trooper blaster doesn't have a great ring to it but since there's no real designator (yet) it makes total sense. I'm only slightly heart broken. 

Well just remember we called the EC-17 the "Holdout blaster" for decades until LFL finally gave it a name a few years ago.  

• Like 1

Justin, once again you’ve outdone yourself. Your raw talent with 3D art and printing always has me in awe and I’ll admit a bit jealous.

As for the name, I think there’s precedent for LFL incorporating fan based stuff into the franchise to warrant a movement within the 501st to have it named the E11-P. (After all isn’t that why Boba and Maul are still alive?). Call it what you will for the CRL, but perhaps if we continue to refer to it as such in house it will eventually stick . One can only hope.

Again great job Justin!

4 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

Justin, once again you’ve outdone yourself. Your raw talent with 3D art and printing always has me in awe and I’ll admit a bit jealous.

As for the name, I think there’s precedent for LFL incorporating fan based stuff into the franchise to warrant a movement within the 501st to have it named the E11-P. (After all isn’t that why Boba and Maul are still alive?). Call it what you will for the CRL, but perhaps if we continue to refer to it as such in house it will eventually stick emoji6.png. One can only hope.

Again great job Justin!

Thanks. Just doing my part to keep the Pathfinders on top. Best detachment in the Legion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I moved the Hengstler back to the proper position and rebuilt the mount so that it is incorporated into the sight mount. This looks better and actually makes everything more stable. The butt stock will collapse now and will have a thumb screw to keep it in place. The front muzzle heat guard assembly will also be removable with another thumb screw for easier bin storage and transportation. I'm calling this DONE now. I'll post the files soon for anyone who's brave enough to try to print it and get it working, otherwise I'll be working on my own to iron out any kinks I find along the way. @Wompet if you want to print your own just PM me and I'll send you the file before they get posted.

Collapsed:

50597348503_8218adfd23_h.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It's Alive!

Raw print parts done. Dry fitting and drilling holes before sanding and painting. 

MT Blaster Raw Print

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hot diggity! Can’t wait to see this finished and added to the Arsenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything has been fitted and temporarily attached. Now I just need to sand and paint.  I feel like I keep putting off sanding. Ugh.

I still need resin print the Hengstler emblem and counter.

50670032952_b7c170bcc0_b.jpg

50669208253_38d501cb73_b.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

Everything has been fitted and temporarily attached. Now I just need to sand and paint.  I feel like I keep putting off sanding. Ugh.

I still need resin print the Hengstler emblem and counter.

50670032952_b7c170bcc0_b.jpg

50669208253_38d501cb73_b.jpg

Sanding, schmanding.  Get some XTC3D!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Sanding, schmanding.  Get some XTC3D!

Too many detail parts, but the bulk of it will get XTC'd. 

I'll send it to you in a box for polishing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, troygordon2 said:

Dude...  Did you model that?  That's beautiful!

Thanks.

I pulled a few parts from Sean Field's E-22 but even those parts are modified, the rest was my design. I'm pretty proficient at non-organic parts. Still takes me a bit longer for compound curves and such. Blasters are pretty fun to model.

Holy wow.  I'm impressed. It's the mechanical that I have a hard time with in Blender.  But, I say I know about 5% of Blender, so it's likely in there.  Shucks though, I'm coming to you for any design work like this.  Well done.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally done. My finish work is not the best on this but I just needed to get it done and off my plate.

50715210776_0fc63e8072_b.jpg

50715289957_5a147b2e7a_b.jpg

• Like 4

That is amazing my dude!

@heartstopper85 check this bad boy out!