Mountain Trooper New Weapon?

Hey guys,
Just saw the crl go live so we'll done to everyone involved!
I'm curious why theres an E22 as the optional weapon when the figure doesn't actually come with that blaster? I know there's 1 artists image but surely the actual toy weapon that the figure comes with trump's that, right?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hey guys,
I'm curious why theres an E22 as the optional weapon when the figure doesn't actually come with that blaster? I know there's 1 artists image but surely the actual toy weapon that the figure comes with trump's that, right?

There was an e22 in the box art set and we have no idea what the weapon is that comes with kt

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

There was an e22 in the box art set and we have no idea what the weapon is that comes with kt

If you an identify the other weapon though that would be great im sure we could always add an accessory. Blasters were low on the list we were more focused on getting the armor right.

I cant even troop 99% of the time with a blaster here 59d90a21f117a6e976c60c5383fda2a6.jpg

Ah ok. I only ask as my AT-ACT isn't allowed an E22 even though Hasbro made a 3.75 figure that comes with one. Reason being because it's a toy....even though a whole mountain trooper crl has been created on just a toy lol. Trying to see a way to fight my corner!

Ah ok. I only ask as my AT-ACT isn't allowed an E22 even though Hasbro made a 3.75 figure that comes with one. Reason being because it's a toy....even though a whole mountain trooper crl has been created on just a toy lol. Trying to see a way to fight my corner!

Blasters are optional though so just get approved in your armor.

I use a small rubies e11 I painted black for events I have a blaster with. Its really not a big deal

23 minutes ago, Phoenix12000 said:

Hey guys,

Like Dustin said, the other weapon seems to be a new invention and we need someone to make it!  Whereas the E-22, which was pictured in the box art, is easy to 3D print or purchase.

6 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Like Dustin said, the other weapon seems to be a new invention and we need someone to make it!  Whereas the E-22, which was pictured in the box art, is easy to 3D print or purchase.

Do we even have enough reference to create the new weapon? I'll take a swing at it if we have enough info.

Do we even have enough reference to create the new weapon? I'll take a swing at it if we have enough info.
I just have little plastic thing that came with the figure. I think someone that knew more about weapons recognized some parts. Let me ask on fb group and see if that guy is still around

• Like 1

I think if I remember correctly someone was saying its basicly the e22 with a different front barrel if that's correct term. Idk im not a star wars blaster expert lol543c57ae180f8a1844a6548152fcfb31.jpg

22 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

I think if I remember correctly someone was saying its basicly the e22 with a different front barrel if that's correct term. Idk im not a star wars blaster expert lol543c57ae180f8a1844a6548152fcfb31.jpg

It's pretty similar. Most Star wars weapons share components with other weapons. This looks like the same body and body details as the E22 but the butt is different (shorter) and the barrel is like a DLT. If anyone has one out of the packaging and can upload as many pics as possible that would help. We should probably move this thread to the weapons category as well.

• BikerScout007 changed the title to Mountain Trooper New Weapon?
3 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

It's pretty similar. Most Star wars weapons share components with other weapons. This looks like the same body and body details as the E22 but the butt is different (shorter) and the barrel is like a DLT. If anyone has one out of the packaging and can upload as many pics as possible that would help. We should probably move this thread to the weapons category as well.

You rang?

Yeah looks like an E-22 with some of the bits removed and maybe a slightly different barrel?  And an E-22 is basically a souped up E-11 so there's plenty of stuff already out there to help inform a new weapon build.

• Haha 1

I'm not going to shift the dog off my lap to check the figure right now, but (to my eye) it looks like a cross between an E-11D (the Death Trooper variant) and an E-10.

But the E-22 is on the box art, and identifiable as such, so that's what I ordered as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I got my Mountain Troopers out in preparation for my build, and figured I would post these:

eqKMCrm.jpg

u1Yyyok.jpg

So to correct my post above:

• E-11 base
  • end cap d-ring replaced with a telescoping stock
  • original folding stock: side arms are intact, but vertical butt plate removed
  • E-11 "body" extended to the length of the original barrel
  • single E-22 barrel added onto extended body
  • some sort of sight assembly running the length of the body extension to end on the barrel coupling
    • the top front reminds me of the rear sight on my SKS, but mounted backwards
  • M300 light mounted on the right just behind the barrel
  • Hengslter counter mounted in line with rear of scope instead of front of scope

Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wompet said:

So I got my Mountain Troopers out in preparation for my build, and figured I would post these:

So to correct my post above:

• E-11 base
  • end cap d-ring replaced with a telescoping stock
  • original folding stock: side arms are intact, but vertical butt plate removed
  • E-11 "body" extended to the length of the original barrel
  • single E-22 barrel added onto extended body
  • some sort of sight assembly running the length of the body extension to end on the barrel coupling
    • the top front reminds me of the rear sight on my SKS, but mounted backwards
  • M300 light mounted on the right just behind the barrel
  • Hengslter counter mounted in line with rear of scope instead of front of scope

Thoughts?

Thanks, this helps. I may start working on this. I have other stuff on my plate but want something fun for a while.

3 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

Thanks, this helps. I may start working on this. I have other stuff on my plate but want something fun for a while.

Just doing my little bit to help.  When I have time I'll get out my Stormtroopers and Shoretrooper, so I can do a side-by-side shot of their E-11s, E-22, and whatever this is.

Anyone know what the butt stock is from or is it original?

It doesn't look too terribly different from the E-22 stock

container_e-22-blaster-rifle-3d-printing

2 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

It doesn't look too terribly different from the E-22 stock

container_e-22-blaster-rifle-3d-printing

Just without the extra cheek rest and added bulge. I was curious if anyone with more gun knowledge knew what it was from. I'm hoping to just make the parts that need changing and adjust the parts from another model if possible (quicker).

If you took the cheek rest and the lower barrel off the E-22, you'd be 90% of the way there.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrPoopie said:

Anyone know what the butt stock is from or is it original?

I would say a stock like this: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881594725

with a recoil pad like this https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004674272?pid=629521 or https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004614856?pid=814244

Basically a rod half the diameter of the E-11 body, capped with a ribbed recoil pad.

• Thanks 1

[mention]Wompet [/mention] Nice find there. Great research!

I've been working on the MT Blaster (Do we know what it's designator is yet?). This is just a mock up of parts and I've mostly been working on the back half first. I started with Sean Field's E-22 and pulled as many parts as I could and modified where possible to save time. Some parts had to be made form scratch but that's unavoidable anyway.

50591240883_b99786c215_h.jpg

50592098927_c96a444fc2_h.jpg

• Like 2

I say we call it the E-11P for Poopie.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That butt stock looks a lot like the SIG MPX collapsible stock, except it's a 1 inch toy so the single support post would make it more like that AR stabilization brace and a lot easier to make.  The thing on top reminds me quite a lot of an M203 Leaf Sight (mounted backwards).  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, troygordon2 said:

That butt stock looks a lot like the SIG MPX collapsible stock.  The thing on top reminds me quite a lot of an M203 Leaf Sight (mounted backwards).  

I really wish we had a real world imagine of anything related to this costume. It's all been toys and box art.