Officer build attempt

yoshix

16 hours ago, yoshix said:

20210725-091152-01-01.jpg

Helmet is pretty much done, just need to do some of the black decals. Third 'or I should say fourth times the charm.

20210726-115256.jpg

The new helmet is as wide as the small Helmet and as tall as the larger helmet. After seeing it for the first time I was worried it wouldn't be wide enough, but from the pictures you can't tell at all.

20210725-091243-01.jpg

20210725-091141-01.jpg

I'm hoping to start getting photos of the individual parts this weekend. 

That looks amazing, dude!  Yes, please get me those individual parts pics.  

• Like 1

I just went through the crl draft and the only problem I see with my costume is that my boots are white. This gives me two options, I could paint the boots I have or order the Beige Desert Military Boots.

I'll look into buying the books.

Well wait.  The draft is just a draft.  How do your boots compare to the game image?  

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure for the older kashyyyk crl white was an option, that's why I went with white. 

From what I can tell the reference photos make them look a dark tan. I don't think there's any way around it.

After a little bit of suffering and seeing how expensive boots are, I think I'm going to try to paint the ones I have. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

20210821-130647.jpg

After searching around the internet for a while for something similar for the two buckle, I decided to make them.

20210821-130733.jpg

I'm really happy with how they turned out, only problem is because they are made out of aluminum they are very shiny. There's a product called aluminum black that would nock it down a peg but I think I'm going to try paint first before spending another $20.

The buckles aren't glued on yet so I can easily change them.

If you're unfamiliar with painting aluminum, do a little research first.  Aluminum doesn't always respond well to paint without some initial prep and priming.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, yoshix said:

20210821-130647.jpg

After searching around the internet for a while for something similar for the two buckle, I decided to make them.

20210821-130733.jpg

I'm really happy with how they turned out, only problem is because they are made out of aluminum they are very shiny. There's a product called aluminum black that would nock it down a peg but I think I'm going to try paint first before spending another $20.

The buckles aren't glued on yet so I can easily change them.

Those look great!  I wouldn't worry about painting them.  Scuff 'em up a bit, but I think they look good like that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated photos added to the CRL wiki.  I'm going to give this one last look before turning it over to the LMO for review!

• Like 1

Submitted to LMO for review!

• Like 1