JangoFred WIP

• 2 months later...

Can I request that my WIP thread be moved to "The Mandalorian Scout" section? Or should I just create a new one there?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frederick your thread has been moved as requested. Best of luck with your build and be sure to reach out if you need any help.

Frederick your thread has been moved as requested. Best of luck with your build and be sure to reach out if you need any help.
Thanks!.... my bund and neck seal have been ordered from Steph. Ordered a new spray gun to start the weathering process.

Sounds good. Recommend checking out Christina's build thread for some excellent insight on weathering this armor.

• 2 months later...

Received my cod and bund from Steph yesterday. I OFFICIALLY have all necessary parts and materials.... with the sole exception of the appropriate paint for for weathering.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Frederick! The CRL doesn’t state that a rivet needs to be in the tank so you’re fine not installing one. Looking at the pics of the tanks in the reference photos in the Mando Armory HQ don’t seem to indicate one was used.

https://i.imgur.com/DRE1tg0.png

• Thanks 1

Now time for the upgrades to begin. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pre-curved visor?

• Like 1

Congrats on your approval Fred! Well done and welcome to the ranks!

19 minutes ago, JangoFred said:

Now time for the upgrades to begin. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pre-curved visor?

I'd look at replacement lenses for tactical goggles. You'd need to make sure that the dimensions fit your particular helmet and that they're not too light to see in through, otherwise there aren't a ton of other options. Most of us use the welding shield b/c we can cut it to fit.

Congrats on your approval Fred! Well done and welcome to the ranks!
Thanks... as if my TK wasn't ignored enough... now I'll forget I even have it!

I'd look at replacement lenses for tactical goggles. You'd need to make sure that the dimensions fit your particular helmet and that they're not too light to see in through, otherwise there aren't a ton of other options. Most of us use the welding shield b/c we can cut it to fit.

Getting a nice solid mount with the flat shield is providing me a challenge. There is so little material inside the KS helmet to actually attach the visor to

I was thinking about trying this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B62B7WG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_FJK6FQ8JCCTJGC6HCGQZ

2 hours ago, JangoFred said:

Getting a nice solid mount with the flat shield is providing me a challenge. There is so little material inside the KS helmet to actually attach the visor to

I was thinking about trying this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B62B7WG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_FJK6FQ8JCCTJGC6HCGQZ

Yeah that could work. It's not crazy expensive either. If you end up giving it a try, please report back and let us know how it works out.

• Like 1

Excellent work Pathfinder! Make sure you update your profile and post up in the access thread. Once again well done!

Yeah that could work. It's not crazy expensive either. If you end up giving it a try, please report back and let us know how it works out.
And even better.... free returns if it looks to not work upon receiving it

13 hours ago, Retrofire said:

Excellent work Pathfinder! Make sure you update your profile and post up in the access thread. Once again well done!

Done and done

• 4 weeks later...
This visor is almost a perfect fit. The curve is very close to the curve of the KS helmet. I'm going to print 3 or 4 mounts for Chicago screws that I can glue across the top of the visor opening.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

So.... for Lancer, what would anyone recommend for filling the helmet seam of a "Back and Cap" style helmet... which I'm assuming my KS is.

Do you by any chance have any ABS scrap pieces left over from your helmet assembly? If so, then you can make ABS paste and use that to fill the gap.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42866-how-to-make-abs-paste/