JangoFred WIP

Well, I suppose I will start a WIP thread to keep myself in check.

So far, I have an SC armor kit, RedCap overall, 3D printed blaster.

Kropserkel Helmet in the process of being ordered

Need boots, cummberbund, vest, suede flight suit patches.

• Like 1

HI ya Frederick.

Not too bad a job if I do say so myself.

So your looking at doing the other adds on yourself as well? 

Neck seal you may not  need as you have the Balaclava and your collars is quite high.

I have not 100% committed to doing the other parts myself. I think I could do them but I also like to take the easy way out. There is indeed a significant overlap of the collar and balaclava

Is there any reason why I would choose to not attach the belt box clips in a way that they can be detached?

27 minutes ago, JangoFred said:

Is there any reason why I would choose to not attach the belt box clips in a way that they can be detached?

Best reason:  because that's the way it was done in the film.  Also -- it's a requirement for Level 2 for the clips to be non-functional

That is certainly a reason. I didn't see any mention in the CRL. Must-have glazed over it. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'll be damned. Not sure how I missed that the first time. That's why I'm here.

1 minute ago, JangoFred said:

That is certainly a reason. I didn't see any mention in the CRL. Must-have glazed over it. Thanks

It's a Level 2 requirement, not for basic approval

Parachute buckles are not functional. In the film, the straps looped behind them.

• Like 1

Is this the correct orientation for the clips? I can't get enough resolution from the CRL image. Specifically... where the strap exits the buckle.9ce01a849c8be8168587be240559efcb.jpg

1 hour ago, JangoFred said:

Is this the correct orientation for the clips? I can't get enough resolution from the CRL image. Specifically... where the strap exits the buckle.9ce01a849c8be8168587be240559efcb.jpg

I've seen them go both ways.  You're fine like that.  

• Like 1

Where does the 1/2" tank strap go in relation to the tank topper? Inside tank?, between tank and topper? On top of topper?02fd6d120b83502c8b30270e8d5e928e.jpg

59 minutes ago, JangoFred said:

Nevermind... found on other threads. It appears to go inside the tank.

Correct, inside the tank.  You use the rivets to hold it in place.  See my build for an example:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/18015-bikerscout007s-strider-build/

• 3 weeks later...

So... it didn't take me long to screw up the decals that came with my KS helmet. Can the Gray and black in the snout area be painted? Or MUST it be decals?

Hi Frederick! They have to be decals.

• Decals are screen accurate

You can get aftermarket versions of them from several sources. Might want to see if KS can send you an extra set. Trooperbay also sells an accurate decal set here: https://trooperbay.com/star-wars-bikerscout-helmet-decals This will give you another option but I’d try KS first.

• Like 1

I ordered a couple spare sets from KS. I am confused however as the CRL says "Snout recess on helmet is painted black. Stickers are not acceptable."

Ok... so I'm looking at the TrooperBay decals and it would seem to support the CRL in that the black in the snout recess is paint but the grey is decal?

Hi Frederick, there should be no black or grey decals on the snout. The snout recess is painted black. The snout greeblie is painted grey.

MDipjful.jpg