Eric’s Mandalorian Biker Scout Build (CRL Model)

Starting the weathering process. Hoping I can have this wrapped up in the next few days. Will just need to make sure it follows the CRL

Any feedback you can provide on weathering would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been using Christina’s technique. I simply adjusted the color recipe. 0c8153d4ab825e60025e89f51096a84c.jpg

MOAR WEATHERING!

The stress is starting to kick in when trying to remain consistent. Happy with the color mix when comparing to the screen caps. Keep asking myself “more? Less??”

4f648ab96a7bdb07dc93d641a8597528.jpg

• Like 1

That's a real nice job on the weathering, dude. Great work.

• Like 1

Man that looks good Eric! Especially the chest armor. Nice detailing. Don’t stress over it. It’s coming along great!

When you’re ready to move onto the soft parts, be sure to take your time. Fabric isn’t as forgiving as shiny plastic. Go slow and layer your weathering. You can always add to go darker but it’s tough to get it lighter once it’s applied to fabric.

Man that looks good Eric! Especially the chest armor. Nice detailing. Don’t stress over it. It’s coming along great!

When you’re ready to move onto the soft parts, be sure to take your time. Fabric isn’t as forgiving as shiny plastic. Go slow and layer your weathering. You can always add to go darker but it’s tough to get it lighter once it’s applied to fabric.

Thanks. Gonna dry brush for sure to avoid paint absorption. Should be getting to that tomorrow or Wednesday.
  • Like 1

First test shot with completed armor. Lighting is horrific. Drowning out some of the weathering. I’ll take better shots tomorrow in the daylight. Thought I’d share anyway. 14decdfc883d7fa8f20c922895069511.jpg

• Like 4

Looks great. The only other suggestion I would make is to put a folded up sweatshirt or something not too bulky in the bag to slightly pad it out a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Looks great. The only other suggestion I would make is to put a folded up sweatshirt or something not too bulky in the bag to slightly pad it out a bit. 

thanks bro. Totally right. I should've done that. I had my "Child" in there but took him out just for the pic. Didn't realize how the bag would've looked :( It was a last minute shot i did after taking my front and back. Ideally (when the time comes) I'll have him in there for the kids while trooping.

If you need something a little lighter you can use the air pack shipping cushions (plastic bags filled with air) that usually come in packing boxes. That will give you the “bulk” without the weight.

• Like 2

• BikerScout007 changed the title to Eric’s Mandalorian Biker Scout Build (CRL Model)
  • BikerScout007 pinned this topic
  • 11 months later...

So I bit they bullet (hard) and got me an EFX bucket for my Mando Scout. The only thing at this point which won’t be screen accurate is the brand of boot I used (boot kit is accurate).

The weight is definitely much more than my current Kropserkel and I’m going to have to be more careful with it. But it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make. Dude I bought it from thought I was crazy when I told him I was going to weather it lol. Nonetheless I will be weathering and posting updated pics with new bucket once I’m done.

For anyone interested I can post comparison pics with the KS version. Just let me know.

67a158f3b60e0cd74135484842fd396a.jpg
c554f0ab6978bdbe1166df47bc88b758.jpg

• Like 3

POST THE COMPARISON!!

And yes, you're crazy.  I also am going to expect a new photo for the CRL :D

• Like 1

Forgot to mention. Lens is dark but you can see my eyes. Driving me crazy. Any suggestions on fixing that? Someone was talking about a spray that could help.

I don't know about a spray, but there's automotive window tint film that you can apply. Since it's already dark, you could prob add some minor tinting to further darken it.