Eric’s Mandalorian Biker Scout Build (CRL Model)

Hey Everyone. My names Eric and I’m super excited about building my Biker Scout. My goal is to build the Mando version but I’ll make the final call once I’ve received everything.

I’m already a TK in the 501st but was looking for a costume with a little more mobility. The Biker scout has always been one of my favorites from when I was a kid.

Here is the recipe i'm using. My goal is to be as accurate as possible to the screen version

Recipe:

Gloves - Wampawear

Flight suit - Wampawear

Armor - Walt's Trooper Factory

Helmet - EFX Limited Edition

Cummerbund - Steph’s imperial outfitters

Boot kit - Steph’s imperial outfitters

Blaster - 7CS Costuming and Props

Looking forward to sharing my journey and get feedback and support from the group.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello Eric and Welcome.

Looking forward to watching your build, the Mando version does intrigue me.

• 3 months later...

Despite these hard times there is positive. I’m going to be busy soon.

My armor is officially on its way. Cummerbund, boot kit and new neck seal should be here next week as well.

Can’t wait to get started

• Like 1

Can’t wait to see your build process Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. As if the worst part wasn’t already the wait, now the postal service in US and Canada is delayed. All my stuff is in limbo right now lol.

Thanks. As if the worst part wasn’t already the wait, now the postal service in US and Canada is delayed. All my stuff is in limbo right now lol.

I feel your pain brother. I’ve been waiting 12 weeks for my armor and no closer to getting it. My armor is coming from over the pond. Hopefully yours will get here sooner cause it’s shipping from the US. Post office is only delayed 8-10 days at last update.

I feel your pain brother. I’ve been waiting 12 weeks for my armor and no closer to getting it. My armor is coming from over the pond. Hopefully yours will get here sooner cause it’s shipping from the US. Post office is only delayed 8-10 days at last update.

They have over 250 trucks stuck at the depot to unload. I’m not so much worried about getting it late. I just don’t want it to be damaged or lost. Hopefully I’ll see some movement soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So a little bit of an update. 

I finally received my package from Steph. It included the Cummerbund, Boot Kit and Neck seal. Still waiting on my Armor from WTF as it's stuck with Customs at Canada Post.

I did have time to put the boots together. See pic below. let me know what you think. I followed Steph's tutorial that she made. Really helpful.

boots.jpg

Eric, did you apply the dog bones to the boot or did they come that way? It could be the angle of your photo tricking my eyes but they look like they are applied upside down.

The bottom edge looks fairly straight and the top edge appears a bit more “u” shaped. The edge with the two stitch lines appear to point more towards the back of the boot when they should point more towards the sole. The pattern below shows the shape and orientation of the dog bone.

f8dcce3c2ff08803eb8db9d58df4920b.jpg

a523651fd5cb3a134b629bd77793747f.jpg

I applied them the same way Steph has them in her tutorial. Which I assume is how she built them for the show.

1c7a9df2e0e6c205ee6c286c92d8133a.jpg

I applied them the same way Steph has them in her tutorial. Which I assume is how she built them for the show.

1c7a9df2e0e6c205ee6c286c92d8133a.jpg

Maybe [mention]Chopper [/mention]can chime in here.

• Thanks 1

Oh, I haven't seen Steph's tutorial but yes, that dog bone looks to be upside down -- at least I would consider it to be upside down for the ROTJ version. 

Since you're working on the mandalorian scout and we don't have a full CRL yet, let's see if we can get some better close photos of the boots used in the show to sort it out. 

• Like 2

Ok cool. I can always change it I’m sure. This is the only photo I’ve seen. I’d have to rewatch the episode: I guess.

f5c9c64a901d11f44a0f127dba0a88cd.jpg

I also noticed the CRL says the pouches should be reversed but they’re are not reversed in most of the scenes in the show. They’re also not reversed on the Figuarts and Hot Toys figurines.

4454fad5294da28329d0f8cee89e4366.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say that you can do a little bit more. Based on the reference, this is about where your ear hole should be:

Also, they used the EFX scout helmet for the Mando Scouts, so you can get some better views of the ear holes in the review posted on StarWarsHelmets:

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/EFX_Scout_Trooper_Limited_Review.htm

V9keTwv.jpg

ear marked.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That looks just fine. Tanks are always a joy to fit to the back armor so you’ve done a great job! The tanks on the ROTJ scout have all sorts of gaps. Keep up the great work!

6BF352AB-F423-484E-9671-4040D423A4F7.jpeg

• Like 1

If by making yourself crazy you referring to trying to make it perfect then it’s paying off. I agree with Retrofire. Really excellent job there Eric, well done!

Thanks. I’ll give it a bit more of a tweak to see if I can get it closer. Then I’ll live with it. Appreciate the feedback

Quick WIP pic. Still have a lot to go. Strapping and weathering. I’ve also taken apart the bund to change the pouches. Much left to do.746e01df06b33701fb90c9f162457f2d.jpg

• Like 2

Fantastic Eric. You’re making great progress. Can’t wait to see how you’ll look once you start weathering your kit.

• Like 1

ok well here it is. My first full suit up of my Scout Trooper - Mandalorian version. (Based off the Jason Sudeikis look).

Hoping for some thoughts on where it's at before i start the weathering. Let me have it!

Missing/Left to do

- Weathering

- Red line and white circle on tank

- Chin Cup (simple didn't put it on)

- Bag (just waiting on belt to finish assembly)

69299d959fa4b3b905d5a620c736c333.jpg

c3b3efe0063ec728ed0cadb743cc9d2b.jpg

• Like 2

I’m not seeing any showstoppers with that kit Eric. Looks like it’s time to weather. Check out Christina’s thread for some great tips!

BTW is that a Hab’s jersey behind you? Big fan from back in the Roy, Savard, Courtnall, Corson era!

6 minutes ago, Retrofire said:

I’m not seeing any showstoppers with that kit Eric. Looks like it’s time to weather. Check out Christina’s thread for some great tips!

BTW is that a Hab’s jersey behind you? Big fan from back in the Roy, Savard, Courtnall, Corson era!

Thanks. I've been following her thread. She's been a huge help so far. Definitely spearheaded the Mando Scout build for a lot of us. Can't wait to dirty it up. Excited and nervous at the same time.

Yes. My wife makes crafts. It's a stick holder. I'm actually from Montreal. Let's see how far they go after knocking out the Pens on Saturday!