The MANDALORIAN Biker Scouts

8 hours ago, Sebswgougou said:

So cool to see Biker Scout back in action !!!

Must build this variant !

And now, I need the bag, does anyone know where to find it ??

I'd prefer if they dressed the stunt guys better, but hey...

No clue on the bag, but I'll be happy to add as an optional accessory for The Mandalorian Scout CRL if someone sources it.

• Like 1

The midline in a screen used Scout chest is about 6 inches. The WTF measures 8. So a bit too tall.  The film "chest" pieces really just covered the pectorals.  

For comparison.

2bc1daadcb399c239600e899bd2916a5.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hairball said:

anyone know what type of duffle bag those bikers use in episode 8?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-WW2-Large-British-P37-Pack-with-shoulder-strap/352604152782?hash=item5218d863ce%3Ag%3A~ToAAOSwu2tcdYQd&fbclid=IwAR1NTQL1gtGXgalblGToenDBkEOR5QNJ6hGZLA_ykib34F8JAcE1u8vN5SE

Need to replace the strap with an army belt.  

Note:  this will be an accessory for the Mandalorian Scout, NOT the regular Biker Scout.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Note:  this will be an accessory for the Mandalorian Scout, NOT the regular Biker Scout.

Pssshhh, the ROTJ Biker Scout has their OWN tote bag! 😀

dgGfrS3h.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2019 at 12:27 PM, matthewjblack said:

honestly, knowing what i know about the production, it has to have been a deliberate attempt at making them look, "post empire".

maybe not what we all wanted, but they wanted to show the general decay, and lack of standards among individual leadership commands.

when Moff Gideon's troops showed up, they were spic and span compared to that of Werner Herzog's troops. 
 do they look like crap? YUP! but so do his storm troopers.

If their idea was to put across that discipline was breaking down and standards were slipping then, for me, they failed.  All the scouts had the same wardrobe malfunctions, all of them had the bund at half mast, all of them had their knees on upside down.  That's not just sloppiness that is a group of people who made a choice.  Whether that group of people were the wardrobe dept. or the Scouts who had an unrevealed "in universe" reason who knows?  Maybe I'm just over thinking?  It was good to see live action scouts back on screen though.

My issue with this as a costume is that if you were trooping it alongside ROTJ scouts then you will be compared to them.  Will you look like a "Mando Scout" or will you just look like a Scout who can't dress themselves properly?

In terms of differences I'm not sure if it has been pointed out elsewhere but it seems the Mando Scouts do not have the shoulder bridge:

dSc4wzj.jpg

LR3hVxO.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

Pssshhh, the ROTJ Biker Scout has their OWN tote bag! 😀

dgGfrS3h.png

If you can source this and get one for photos I will be happy to add as an optional accessory to the Scout CRL!

• Like 2

While I'm posting differences between Mando Scouts and ROTJ version here's a shamelessly stolen pic from a fellow trooper on Facebook.

thnDDpL.jpg

Looks like there are no thigh riding patches while there are pockets on the thighs and (possibly) biceps.  I'm wondering if this is a standard Tie Pilot / crew style Imperial flight suit?

• Like 1

Looks like a TIE flightsuit to me.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• Like 2

If you look at it, as a rider's point of view, the upside down knees seem more logical than the other way around.

Having the long part of the knee pad covering the area the thigh and the knee join and the short part covering the actual knee.

Try it, put on both knee pad, one upside down, the other "right side" up and sit like you would on a speeder bike. or if none are available, try a motorcycle (anyway you get the idea) and check which one fells the most comfortable and/or the most logical fit.

I tried it, and the upside down one felt more comfortable.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 5:39 PM, BikerScout007 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-WW2-Large-British-P37-Pack-with-shoulder-strap/352604152782?hash=item5218d863ce%3Ag%3A~ToAAOSwu2tcdYQd&fbclid=IwAR1NTQL1gtGXgalblGToenDBkEOR5QNJ6hGZLA_ykib34F8JAcE1u8vN5SE

Need to replace the strap with an army belt.  

Got the bag, but what kind of army belt would be the most correct one for this ?   

23 minutes ago, Heavy said:

Got the bag, but what kind of army belt would be the most correct one for this ?   

Parts of Star Wars recommends:
" The khaki heavy duty cotton belt is 1 3/4 inches wide.
Model number 4171
Size unknown (Presumed XL - 54 inches long)

https://www.amazon.com/Military-Double-Canvas-Army-Grommet/dp/B07F1915MX/ref=as_li_ss_tl?dchild=1&keywords=double+prong+pistol+belt&qid=1577595435&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1&fbclid=IwAR1g_MCRU1Sj8UoYSRoC0rSygldzesjsjIU-yTB_JKvctZeGwP0BWNU-q1w&linkCode=sl1&tag=chrisreiff-20&linkId=ad1561dbd75134148986a6f42d60a2d0&language=en_US

https://www.armyuniverse.com/accessories/belts/vintage-belts/khaki-vintage-military-pistol-belt-with-double-prong-buckle.html?fbclid=IwAR3-4FmxRwewK0Gqf0v3Ve81LVyL6yEzEFeubSPTIKFP9f-GPDpbeAocChI"

Picked up the Amazon one.  Wife really wants the bag for her Scout, so we'll see how the belt looks when it comes in.

10 minutes ago, TB-9490 said:

Has the helmet maker been identified? I liked their helmets (minus not closed all the way lol) and would like to get my hands on one if possible in the future lol!

They appear to be EFX biker scout helmets.

• Like 1

The EFX helmet is indeed expensive and has it's own issues. If you're interested in something that uses a similar construction to the EFX helmet, you could check with Mon Cal/Far Away Creations to see if he's doing a helmet run. RS Props does the red label scout helmet as well, which also has a similar construction.

On 12/27/2019 at 5:20 PM, BikerScout007 said:

I'd prefer if they dressed the stunt guys better, but hey...

No clue on the bag, but I'll be happy to add as an optional accessory for The Mandalorian Scout CRL if someone sources it.

I'm on it Mikey!

• Thanks 1