The MANDALORIAN Biker Scouts

If I'm not mistaken these characters were referred to as "Ex-Imperial".  I'm not even sure we should bother with them.

• Like 2

If I'm not mistaken these characters were referred to as "Ex-Imperial".  I'm not even sure we should bother with them.
That's actually kind of an interesting way to view the costume as well... I'm excited to see them in action regardless!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BikerScout007 said:

Just....awful

I think the important thing to keep in mind as that most people aren’t going to analyze this costume the way we would. My brother for example is a mega fan, but he wouldn’t see a different in this vs return of the Jedi. 

You could also make the argument that since what’s left of the empire is hanging on by a thread these guys don’t care what they look like anymore. 

All that being said it is disappointing to see that Lucasfilm couldn’t just make a few simple adjustments to make them look better, but like I said most people outside the costume world aren’t gonna notice the difference. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cheesewhoopy said:

I think the important thing to keep in mind as that most people aren’t going to analyze this costume the way we would. My brother for example is a mega fan, but he wouldn’t see a different in this vs return of the Jedi. 

You could also make the argument that since what’s left of the empire is hanging on by a thread these guys don’t care what they look like anymore. 

All that being said it is disappointing to see that Lucasfilm couldn’t just make a few simple adjustments to make them look better, but like I said most people outside the costume world aren’t gonna notice the difference. 

Yeah got all that, but we are a Scout Trooper costume resource.  We're SUPPOSED to nitpick!

• Like 4

So I just watched Mando Ep 7, and I think they made the costume look trashy on purpose. 

Empire is gone, they are all ex-imperial with no work. So the Stormtroopers armor are all rusted and dirty, now you have Scouts who don’t care how they look now. 
I get it now. 

• Like 1

Hey, imagine if the TK's were all portrayed on the show with their chests on backwards? ;)

I'm happy to see scouts represented, even if they're slightly sloppy. :)

• Like 2

Perhaps we use these scouts as a good example of how not to suit up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I get the argument that they are supposed to be sloppy and not care.

but...

It makes no sense to me. I mean the knees is a mistake one can make, but not putting the bund on correctly and having the pouches flop around at your belt? Less comfort and not as practical. Might aswell leave the bund of in that case if discipline is not a factor.

I'm going with the TB ruined his bund and pulled this one off a dead endor scout before he left and it was way too big but theres no more empire so whos gonna say anything? Also the seamstress was on the death star sooooo yeah. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean, not to throw fuel on the pyre, but the T-bits are being worn way too low as well. It is a sloppy or... lazy way of doing it. But I think most of us could probably switch it up at troops and represent the show and the movies. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 2:32 AM, Aliaz said:

I get the argument that they are supposed to be sloppy and not care.

but...

It makes no sense to me. I mean the knees is a mistake one can make, but not putting the bund on correctly and having the pouches flop around at your belt? Less comfort and not as practical. Might aswell leave the bund of in that case if discipline is not a factor.

Yeah Max, it's the equivalent of walking around with your pants around your ankles.  It doesn't make any sense and I really get the feeling the costume department didn't know what they were doing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Yeah Max, it's the equivalent of walking around with your pants around your ankles.  It doesn't make any sense and I really get the feeling the costume department didn't know what they were doing. 

That's what blows my mind! I mean it's like that put zero effort into most of the costumes. I mean come on they have probably more references than we do. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stroker said:

That's what blows my mind! I mean it's like that put zero effort into most of the costumes. I mean come on they have probably more references than we do. 

You would think.  But the costume department is probably staffed by 25 year olds....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

You would think.  But the costume department is probably staffed by 25 year olds....

honestly, knowing what i know about the production, it has to have been a deliberate attempt at making them look, "post empire".

maybe not what we all wanted, but they wanted to show the general decay, and lack of standards among individual leadership commands.

when Moff Gideon's troops showed up, they were spic and span compared to that of Werner Herzog's troops. 
 do they look like crap? YUP! but so do his storm troopers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matthewjblack said:

honestly, knowing what i know about the production, it has to have been a deliberate attempt at making them look, "post empire".

maybe not what we all wanted, but they wanted to show the general decay, and lack of standards among individual leadership commands.

when Moff Gideon's troops showed up, they were spic and span compared to that of Werner Herzog's troops. 
 do they look like crap? YUP! but so do his storm troopers.

None of his Storm Troopers were so disheveled that it looked like they didn't even know how to wear their costumes.  

Like I said above, this is the equivalent of walking with your pants around your ankles.  Is it "post Empire"?  Sure.  Is it practical?  Nope.  There's no way someone picks up a cummerbund and says -- "ya know, this looks like it belongs around my a**."  

Also, the way they are wearing their cummerbund betrays the fact that these costumes weren't built the same as the ROTJ ones.  Because if they were you would see the codpiece in that gap between the chest armor and the cummerbund.  

all true, but the obviously did is on purpose.

even one of the TK's was missing his detonator.

maybe they TB's were just gangsta!

trust me. nothing happens in lucasfilm/disney without a TON of oversight, and justification.

i have been down that road many times over the last couple decades.

1 minute ago, matthewjblack said:

all true, but the obviously did is on purpose.

even one of the TK's was missing his detonator.

maybe they TB's were just gangsta!

trust me. nothing happens in lucasfilm/disney without a TON of oversight, and justification.

i have been down that road many times over the last couple decades.

Again... I get it was done on purpose.  But it was done without an understanding of the costume.  

And yeah... Detonators get used.  Makes sense when one is missing.  

That may be true, but the Scout costumes were made from the least accurate armor currently available and the soft goods were not made the way the originals were.  If there was a time to show that oversight, picking out better armor for these actors to wear would have been the time to do it.  

It's too bad there isn't a resource where people that want to know a costume inside and out can go for research.

Oh wait...

• Like 4

Just now, matthewjblack said:

at least my armor is cannon now......

so there is that. and the light colored bikes were pretty cool.

I don't know.  Just me or did those bikes look a little small?

• Like 1

looked ok to me. i think most people are used to seeing the toys, or life size 501st bikes. all of which usually have much longer forks than the screen used ones did.

i think the endor speeders are about 10ft?

looked ok to me. i think most people are used to seeing the toys, or life size 501st bikes. all of which usually have much longer forks than the screen used ones did.
 i think the endor speeders are about 10ft?
Right but those weren't screen used bikes.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk