TB - Scout Trooper: Jedi Fallen Order CRL Drafting

Is the intention going to be to make basic approval lax enough we could reuse ROTJ TB’s, and then for L2 separate bund/cod/etc?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harbinger said:

Is the intention going to be to make basic approval lax enough we could reuse ROTJ TB’s, and then for L2 separate bund/cod/etc?

This would be my thoughts. Since I'm sure the intention was that these were specialized Scouts. Why would they make new bunds and such just to then add a battery pack and control panel. 

2 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

I think that’s what we are all trying to do. But as we think this through and try to make it somewhat easy basic CRL level, there could be some room for a Level 2 with changes to existing Scout suit. 
But yes, just finding ways to make easy without looking cheap

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPoopie said:

I just noticed the harness setup and it looks like the control box goes right over the junction point on one of the front straps and the belt portion. NOt sure how we should go about  making an attachment on the control box. Any ideas?

Hahaha, I’ve asked BikerScout007 if we can just call this belt box the Walkman!! Lol

Id say call it Sony Walkman, but maybe Imperial Walkman?

And I’m right, does it not look like a cassette Walkman? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

I wonder if I can make the model so that the speaker we all use will fit inside there and still be heard, maybe some venting holes somewhere.

Now we’re talking!!!!

And maybe inside the front black spots we can see Billy Idol Rebel Yell playing? Night Ranger? 
hahaha. 

• Haha 1

I’m taking pictures of my harness build to post thread later if this all works out and we make a final CRL

Poopie I’ll get with ya about 3D builds if you choose to do it and make some & or find someone else to do it. 

On 12/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, MrPoopie said:

More WIP pics. The Battery should pretty much be done except for the cattle prod mount. The size will be roughly the same but I'm not sure about the curve yet since I haven't decided on the prod tube width. If you decide to print this now though the holder will still fit in the designed slot even after resizing t match the prod. This will give you a better idea of how large the strapping needs to be for the harness.

If you want the files even though they aren't complete just give me a shout.

49210829936_8029e0d022_b.jpg

49210347238_7ae7f078e6_b.jpg

I'd love any files you're willing to share

6 minutes ago, JR80 said:

I'd love any files you're willing to share

Not a problem. As soon as everything gets finalized I'll post the files for Pathfinder use.

• Like 2

This is the Janitor Scout 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

Nice work! 

Thanks. I started to print so as soon as I have a full set (minus the cattle prod) I'll send them over to you and we can start to get this thing finalized. 

7 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

Amazing!

I take it your Patrol Scout is taking a break with all this 3D work you’re putting in? Lol 

A little bit, still working on those models as well. It's more like my normal work is taking a break. Thankfully I work for myself and from home most of the time.

The biggest problem is that I'm down a printer right now and trying to figure out what's wrong to get it back running again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Smokeshow said:

Really nice job on the battery, but I thought it was larger than that, you have a reference to place next to it?

Sorry it's already been shipped out to @The Wayner. No banana for scale. The battery is about 13.5" wide. 

• BikerScout007 changed the title to TB - Scout Trooper: Jedi Fallen Order CRL Drafting

Wayner,

You can double check with Mr Poopie, but i'm pretty sure that we could use red 1/4" air line tubing for the wires. Light and durable, moldable with heat gun and other wires could be run inside of it if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/SNS-Pneumatic-Meters-Tubing-Transfer/dp/B07PGF3VV7/ref=pd_sbs_469_3/131-6559522-6831907?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07PGF3VV7&pd_rd_r=e67c2586-28c0-4c93-a11e-d8c0112d989a&pd_rd_w=CnR8l&pd_rd_wg=MLrxE&pf_rd_p=bdd201df-734f-454e-883c-73b0d8ccd4c3&pf_rd_r=WR4ZTC37HW9TP2P8MFQ5&psc=1&refRID=WR4ZTC37HW9TP2P8MFQ5

13 minutes ago, Smokeshow said:

Wayner,

You can double check with Mr Poopie, but i'm pretty sure that we could use red 1/4" air line tubing for the wires. Light and durable, moldable with heat gun and other wires could be run inside of it if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/SNS-Pneumatic-Meters-Tubing-Transfer/dp/B07PGF3VV7/ref=pd_sbs_469_3/131-6559522-6831907?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07PGF3VV7&pd_rd_r=e67c2586-28c0-4c93-a11e-d8c0112d989a&pd_rd_w=CnR8l&pd_rd_wg=MLrxE&pf_rd_p=bdd201df-734f-454e-883c-73b0d8ccd4c3&pf_rd_r=WR4ZTC37HW9TP2P8MFQ5&psc=1&refRID=WR4ZTC37HW9TP2P8MFQ5

Agreed. It helps that it can be molded and bent with a heat gun especially for the connection points where two wires feed into one hole. All the parts that I modeled are fit for 1/4" tubing. 

• Like 2

Agreed. This looks good. I had originally wanted to use electric cord like used on Level 2 TD wrap. But it needs to be painted when has to use a rubber vinyl paint. Too much trouble. 
This looks good. I’ll order tonight.