TB - Scout Trooper: Jedi Fallen Order CRL Drafting

Good news everyone!  Since this new "Scout" is so similar to the ROTJ Scout, we've got most of the CRL written!

Feel free to post your suggestions below.  

Required Costume Components

The following costume components are present and appear as described below.

Helmet
  • Gloss white or semi-gloss and may be lightly weathered.
  • Lens is black in color and obscures wearer's eyes
  • Decals are screen accurate
  • Snout greeblie is medium gray and the aerator portion is painted black
  • Inner edge of snout recess is black
  • Bolts are either flat or have concave centers
    • Bolts may be gray or white
  • Helmet is true to the shape of original screen accurate helmet. 

Balaclava
  • A balaclava is a black head sock/hood that is worn under the helmet and is used primarily to hide any view of the wearer's skin and/or facial hair. 

Neck Seal
  • Black with horizontal ribs, fitted to the wearer, and extending up from the base of the neck to conceal the entire neck

Flight Suit
  • The undersuit is a one or two-piece black textile suit, such as military flightsuits, motorcycle racing suits, industrial work clothing (Red Kap/Dickies), or similar suits modified appropriately.
  • A Mandarin style collar closure flap covers the neck area
  • A suede or faux suede butt flap attaches above the waist hidden by the cummerbund, rectangular in shape. The flap is slightly narrower than the width of the trooper and stops just above the troopers backside.
  • Suede or faux suede thigh patches extend over the flight suit crotch and down the front finishing above the knee.
  • Two black elastic thigh straps, sewn in under the front and back of the thigh patch, circle the outside of the trooper’s leg.
  • The suit is free of any visible labels, logos or zippers (including built in flight suit pockets). 

Shoulder Armor
  • Black elastic secures the armor around upper arm.
  • These pieces are free of any adornment. 

Upper Arm Armor
  • Armor has a recessed area with a "t-bit" detail attached within.
  • Black elastic is used to secure the armor around upper arm. 

Forearm Armor
  • Black elastic is used to secure the armor around forearm. 

Gloves
  • Black leather or leather-like and gauntlet length.
  • Glove details include:
    • Black suede or faux suede patches on top of the middle finger, index finger and thumb.
    • Four tightly spaced ribs that span the knuckles.
  • No labels/logos, clips, or external straps. 
  • Right glove has knuckle plate over ribbed area attached by pair of red wire/tubes to secondary port plate on wrist area.
  • Knuckle plate and secondary port plate give the illusion of metal or are gun-metal colored.

Vest
  • Made out of black, matte finish, heavy weight cotton fabric.
  • Raglan sleeves are padded and contain ribbing similar to the front of the cummerbund.
  • The sleeves end just below the bottom edge of the shoulder armor.
  • Vest has a much wider neck opening than the flight suit.
  • Secured at the back using 50mm (2") black hook and loop fastener.
  • Closure is right-over-left. 

Chest Armor
  • There is a recessed rectangular area present over the right breast that is painted a medium to dark gray.
  • The chest and back armor join together over the shoulder and the gap covered with a strip of white fabric (the "shoulder bridge").
  • The sides of the chest armor attach to the back armor with white webbing.

Back Armor
  • The back armor has a center tank attached.
  • The top of the tank is flat with a detail piece painted black.
    • Top detail piece uses the same greeblies as seen on the screen-used armor.
    • Top detail piece has a white painted circle and red line detail.
    • "Dial" has thick red stripe going across it, perpendicular to the edge
    • The tank has a black stripe detail.
    • "Rank bars" present on the right side of the tank can number between 0 to 6 stripes. 

Cummerbund and Codpiece 
  • Cummerbund
    • Made from white fabric and may be lightly weathered.
    • Closure in back is right-over-left.
    • Extends from just under the chest armor down to the belt.
    • Evenly spaced vertical stitches go from the front to the sides.  
  • Codpiece
    • Tapered codpiece has a sewn inverted curve detail.
    • Black elastic strap connects codpiece between the legs to either the back of the cummerbund or the flak vest.

Harness
    • Two black shoulders straps that connect to a wider torso strap that buckles closed across the front of the wearer
    • Straps are padded at the shoulders and along the wearer's flanks.  
    • A control box is attached to the wearer's front right torso strap.
      • The control box is a square plastic box with 8 raised ridges across the top and halfway down the front
      • The bottom front of the box is silver
        • Three rectangular red buttons run down the front left
        • One larger black button is below the red buttons
        • The bottom center-right of the box is a large indent, rectangular in shape with tapered sides
    • The rear torso strap attaches to a large battery with two loops around either end of the battery
    • A small black junction box is attached to the top of wearer's right shoulder strap
      • 1 pair of orange-red wires runs down into the top of the control box
      • 1 pair of orange-red wires runs down the wearer's back into the battery
      • 1 pair of orange-red wires runs down the wearer's right arm and tucks into wearer's glove

Battery Pack
      •   Gloss white or semi-gloss and may be lightly weathered.

·         Cylinder shaped with central radiator that has 8 veins that are black in color.

·         Sits inside padded webbing cradle at lower back above Thermal Detonator.

·         Left side detail area with two rings, larger ring toward center of battery and smaller ring towards left end with smaller “spout” protrusion.

·         Left side rings are connected by 8 fins.

·         Black detail cap on left side with hollow center.

·         Right side has rectangular box with semi-circular cutout for riot baton.

·         Top right side of batter has small circular area with black connector hole for wires.

Riot Baton
        • Semi-gloss black main body.

·         Silver or gun-metal colored telescoping end with larger tip area.

·         Tip has 2 small “teeth” on end and two sets of 4 venting holes each.

·         Main body end has detailed area with copper colored ring.

·         Center control area consists of front button assembly.

o   Two small silver buttons.

o   One large black button.

·         Protruding button housing with one round grey button on outer side.

·         Central ring has single dial with silver “screw” head.

·         Bottom half of baton consists of knurled grip with single large black protruding button.

·         Bottom end is tapered to smaller end.

·         “T” shaped detail greeblie on bottom end.

·         See the Riot Baton detail page for a close up images of the greeblies.

Control Box

·         The control box is a square plastic box with 8 raised ridges across the top and halfway down the front.

·         The lower front of the box is white.

·         Three rectangular red or mirror-finished buttons run down the front left.

·         Small tapered opening is below the 3 buttons.

·         The bottom center-right of the box is a large indent, rectangular in shape with tapered sides.

·         Three large and two small buttons inside bottom center-right large indent area.

·         See the Control Box detail page for a close up image of the greeblies.

Belt and Detonator
        • The front and four "boxes" of the belt are made of plastic.
        • The remainder of the belt that fastens at the back of the waist is made from black leather-like materialwebbing material.
        • There are only two (2) visible rivets on the belt: one on each side toward the back to connect the webbing closure material to the plastic belt
        • Hanging from the sides of the belt are two plastic hip boxes ("drop boxes").
          • 4 black parachute buckles attach to the drop box straps, one on either side of the drop box.
          • Drop boxes connect to the belt via white textile straps.
          • If using off-white cummerbund pouches and side straps, the drop box straps are also off-white.
        • Thermal detonator box with short corrugated hose attaches to the back of the belt.
        • The correct thermal detonator greeblies are attached to the box.
          • The rectangular part of the thermal detonator greeblie, fixed on the left right side of the detonator, is the same as used in the rebel Endor trooper rank badge.
          • On the right left hand side is the same round greeblie as used on the Scout tank topper.
          • See the detonator detail page for a close up image of the greeblies. 

Knee Armor
        • Black elastic is used to secure the armor around the leg. 

Boots
        • White and may be lightly weathered.
        • The soles of the boot are tan.
        • A "dog bone" shaped strap covers the bridge of the foot.
        • Dog bones have double stitching along the rounded edges as seen in the film.
        • The calf of the boot rises to just slightly underneath the bottom of the knee armor.
        • The boots are secured up the back:
          • Left boot closure is left-over-right.
          • Right boot closure is right-over-left. 

Holster
        • Attached to the outside of the right boot with rivets.
        • The blaster pistol fits into the holster. 

• Like 3

On 7/7/2019 at 12:06 AM, Gruntsky said:

Scout.png

Looks like the right glove has a wiring harness/pad of some sort on it, not sure if that will fall under the harness section or the gloves though.

Yes it seems to run from the battery pack, up the back and down into the glove.  

• Like 1

Made revisions to the main post based on latest screen shots

I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but the helmet bolts appear white in the screen shots. 

"Bolts are white in color and are either flat or have concave centers"?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but the helmet bolts appear white in the screen shots. 

"Bolts are white in color and are either flat or have concave centers"?

I'm thinking that might be a Level 2 detail.  I need to see some more screenshots to make sure that's indeed white and not just a light source muting the color.  They used the same character model as Battlefront 2 and that Scout has gray bolts.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BikerScout007 said:

I'm thinking that might be a Level 2 detail.  I need to see some more screenshots to make sure that's indeed white and not just a light source muting the color.  They used the same character model as Battlefront 2 and that Scout has gray bolts.  

Roger that chief. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Roger that chief. 

Also...we don't specify a color for the regular Scout so no matter what color it ends up being, it will still be Level 2.  

EDIT:  I added it as a Level 2 detail for the helmet.

• Thanks 1

Broke out Harness, Battery and Riot Baton into their own sections.  Broke out Neck Seal into its own section.  Will probably do the same with the optional pauldron 

Any references to the film version should not be included unless 100% sure its a match IE stitching 

You guys are doing good job on this. Let’s keep it going. 
        I’m searching for an existing harness that can be altered to fit this CRL, or if it’s a custom build. 

Also, looks like the dropped the vest for just a flight suit. And appear ripped neck seal in part of suit? 

1 hour ago, The Wayner said:

You guys are doing good job on this. Let’s keep it going. 
        I’m searching for an existing harness that can be altered to fit this CRL, or if it’s a custom build. 

Also, looks like the dropped the vest for just a flight suit. And appear ripped neck seal in part of suit? 

It looks like two 2 inch straps for the shoulders and then 3 inches for the torso with a clip in the front.  With 1 inch loops attached to the back for the battery.  And then padding.  Seems pretty simple.  

Yeah I'm inclined to agree.  I'll remove the vest.  

I think for this one, a person could get away with wearing a two-piece undersuit.  There is no butt flap or riding patches either. 

It’s so hard to see/measure all details when this is computer animation. Some photos the belt looks thinner, the knees look smaller, etc. 

It appears you guys are on the right track with nearly all details. And maybe we will never know for exact, but as a group we can come some an agreement that honors this new look. 

I’ve seen Empire 3D doing prints for batter, harness box, and baton...but would love to see how that wiring makes it way around the back, into box, and then into glove. 

I’m definitely onboard with this one. I’ll try to help out anyway I can. 

11 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

It’s so hard to see/measure all details when this is computer animation. Some photos the belt looks thinner, the knees look smaller, etc. 

It appears you guys are on the right track with nearly all details. And maybe we will never know for exact, but as a group we can come some an agreement that honors this new look. 

I’ve seen Empire 3D doing prints for batter, harness box, and baton...but would love to see how that wiring makes it way around the back, into box, and then into glove. 

I’m definitely onboard with this one. I’ll try to help out anyway I can. 

We wouldn't put exact measurements in a level 1 CRL anyway.  Those measurements are my educated best guesses based on staring at straps for years and years.  

What would really help is a nice screen shot of the junction box on the right shoulder so we can see which way the wires run.  I'm guessing a pair in the front, a pair out the back and a pair out the right side, but can't tell for sure with the screen shots we currently have.  

Also, I've decided that the in-game model is going to trump where there are any inconsistencies.  

Is the suit maybe the same as TK. Just looking at the texture in those pics appears different than a Dickies jumpsuit. Maybe it’s just the software and generates that same texture for all undershirts and suits. 

im gonna start on that harness for now. Got some ideas. 

Just now, The Wayner said:

Is the suit maybe the same as TK. Just looking at the texture in those pics appears different than a Dickies jumpsuit. Maybe it’s just the software and generates that same texture for all undershirts and suits. 

im gonna start on that harness for now. Got some ideas. 

No it's not tight enough to be a leotard :D

We're not going to nitpick something like that anyway.  Coveralls are fine.  

I see 2 straps inside only to help strengthen the whole piece. (Top only for appearance)

of course there could only be one (1) 2” nylon strap that comes up and loops back outsides and top of itself at bottom of both sides of shoulder padding. 

That looks really nice, man! 

Started to receive some my black webbing for the shoulder harness in mail. I should have something to show soon to test the look and measurements. 
        I’ve searched for a 3” buckle (parachute clip) to match the look of clips for ammo boxes, not sure they make a 3” clip. Also, does it appear the buckle in one of the screen grabs is shiny? 
        mom gonna try a 2” and see how it looks. 

also, I’ve been trying to measure out the “battery” tube on the back so I can know how to cut and sew the wrap-around holder on back of belt. Any ideas? 
        ive seen Empire 3D making one but no measurements. Any ideas on a home build or existing thermos, water bottle anyone has seen that would match close?

• Like 1

Sorry, I meant to revise my original guess.  I think both shoulder and torso are 2 inches.  It was the padding on the torso strap that made it look thicker

• Like 1

I have 2” and 3” coming. I’ll send some test pics to gage sizing. 
        Also, I had another idea for material on this project...the red/orange wires to hand, “Walkman” (lol), and battery might be more of electric cord like used to wrap TD? Looks thick enough and might work to hold in place and not hang loose and separate easily. 

anyway, just ideas tossing around. 

I’ll try to knock a test harness out and post soon. 

• Like 1
        • Thanks 1

• BikerScout007 changed the title to TB - Scout Trooper: Jedi Fallen Order CRL Drafting
        • BikerScout007 unpinned this topic