TB - Scout Trooper: Jedi Fallen Order CRL Drafting

3 hours ago, The Wayner said:

I have 2” and 3” coming. I’ll send some test pics to gage sizing. 
Also, I had another idea for material on this project...the red/orange wires to hand, “Walkman” (lol), and battery might be more of electric cord like used to wrap TD? Looks thick enough and might work to hold in place and not hang loose and separate easily. 

anyway, just ideas tossing around. 

I’ll try to knock a test harness out and post soon. 

Can't wait!

In fact, I kinda want to try and make a prototype harness, myself!

• Like 1

So I'm starting on the harness, the shoulder strap details I think are obvious but looking closer at the belt side straps...do you guys think they should be stitched around the edges like the shoulders? With these screen grabs it's hard to see, but maybe we can decide if they should just to be uniform with the shoulders as well.

I should have something by Sunday to post.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Wayner said:

So I'm starting on the harness, the shoulder strap details I think are obvious but looking closer at the belt side straps...do you guys think they should be stitched around the edges like the shoulders? With these screen grabs it's hard to see, but maybe we can decide if they should just to be uniform with the shoulders as well.

I should have something by Sunday to post.

Really looking forward to it man.  Getting these new pieces made will really help rush the CRL process along.  

Did anybody notice that the bicep does not actually have strapping. It's more like the Patrol and is probably mean to be attached using velcro or something similar.

1 hour ago, MrPoopie said:

Did anybody notice that the bicep does not actually have strapping. It's more like the Patrol and is probably mean to be attached using velcro or something similar.

I'm not going to drill down that deep for this CRL.  For all we know it's a limitation of the 3D modeling.

What I will do is just remove strapping requirements from the CRL.  Then folks can decide how they want to strap it themselves.  

• Like 3

Can somebody tell me if any of my pictures posted are coming out clean or do they have the watermark and blurry images?

Not sure why if they are.

Here is the rough mock up of my harness. I have not sown the shoulders to the belt yet, they are just held in place by duct tape. Waiting to get the exact measurement before I sell anything. Also the straps on the shoulders will need some kind of adhesive or Velcro to keep them from sliding off your shoulders, they do not stay up on the shoulders very well.

Here is a picture I cropped to show a possible 1” or .5” elastic strap that might hold the shoulder strap and wires to shoulder armor. This would help hold the straps on the shoulders but don’t see any pictures of them on the other side. So again, maybe Velcro underneath would help. 

D70A717E-41EC-4396-8AFC-B3542D901BBE.jpeg

50 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

Here is a picture I cropped to show a possible 1” or .5” elastic strap that might hold the shoulder strap and wires to shoulder armor. This would help hold the straps on the shoulders but don’t see any pictures of them on the other side. So again, maybe Velcro underneath would help. 

D70A717E-41EC-4396-8AFC-B3542D901BBE.jpeg

On the in game model this looks more like a box where the wires are routed.

9d9515292746a0608fde13edf47546f0.jpg

i thought the same thing, but I’ve blowing up this photos and can’t see a defined “box”. I do the the strap in the photo I posted. Below it is some small and black about the size of a connector or something. Again, so hard to tell from video game photos. So maybe we just decide early and design a “box” until we see something later that shows it better or without. 

There are definitely a couple of wire tubes or straps that hold the wires doing down to belt box on the front side of that shoulder strap. 

6 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

i thought the same thing, but I’ve blowing up this photos and can’t see a defined “box”. I do the the strap in the photo I posted. Below it is some small and black about the size of a connector or something. Again, so hard to tell from video game photos. So maybe we just decide early and design a “box” until we see something later that shows it better or without. 

There are definitely a couple of wire tubes or straps that hold the wires doing down to belt box on the front side of that shoulder strap. 

It's tough because there seems to be some variance between the in game model and the character as it appears in the game itself.  The red buttons on the control box for instance.

We definitely need some better screen shots to solidify some of this info, but I really like what you've done with the harness so far.   

Now where are my 3D printers with the control box and battery??

4 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Now where are my 3D printers with the control box and battery??

I have the files ust haven't had time to print them yet. Damn Patrol Trooper bucks taking all my time.

I also have the game but haven't had a moment to fire it up and get more screenshots either, maybe this weekend I'll get some time to find some proper shots.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPoopie said:

I have the files ust haven't had time to print them yet. Damn Patrol Trooper bucks taking all my time.

That is WAY more important :)

• Haha 1

They just added a "Photo Mode" to the game today so hopefully we can get some better screenshots directed at the things we need to see. I'll see how much it lets me move around and frame the shot. Be back shortly with something useful hopefully.

• Thanks 2

On 12/11/2019 at 6:49 PM, BikerScout007 said:

My thought at this point is that without good screenshots showing these details, I would just try to make the harness as functional as possible.  Whatever is easiest for the costumer to get this thing on and off would be best.  

I agree. Velcro at the belt buckle and I think a simple outline/X pattern for sewing. 

I’m gonna get this sewn up this weekend for better fit and also add some sticky velcro under shoulders and chest armor bridges to help keep these from sliding off. 

As for the battery pack, I’ve roughly sized it up to be @4 inch tube? I have an idea of how it is held on to the belt, I’ll send photo sketch and see if you guys agree. 

BTW, the harness was very easy. 
-2” strap

-1/4” soft foam

-leather type material from Walmart. 

glued material around foam piece. ( my size measurements were 10” long/3” wide. Sew the edges @“.5 from edges. Made exact knife cuts to open for strap. I actually ran the one long strap through padding from belt to belt, the cut a shorter strap and did the in/outs for the top layer. It looked better since straps for so thin. 

same with side padding. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, MrPoopie said:

More WIP pics. The Battery should pretty much be done except for the cattle prod mount. The size will be roughly the same but I'm not sure about the curve yet since I haven't decided on the prod tube width. If you decide to print this now though the holder will still fit in the designed slot even after resizing t match the prod. This will give you a better idea of how large the strapping needs to be for the harness.

If you want the files even though they aren't complete just give me a shout.

49210829936_8029e0d022_b.jpg

49210347238_7ae7f078e6_b.jpg

Hey Justin,

Your files, would you be willing to make a few for $ ? 
If not, I see a 3D printing guy in my Dallas area that has done some Star Wars prints for fun. 
I’d like to find someone who would be willing to prints a hand full out for some of us to help get this CRL  close to final, and then maybe discuss making some big production for rest of the Pathfinders. 
This is my first time helping out with a CRL so hopefully the few of us can get this wrapped up. 

I'm open to the idea. I currently a have a few things I'm in the middle of printing but can definitely look at doing a run for you after I find a free moment in the printing schedule. Message me and we can talk further about it.

14 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

As for the battery pack, I’ve roughly sized it up to be @4 inch tube? I have an idea of how it is held on to the belt, I’ll send photo sketch and see if you guys agree. 

I've got the battery closer to about 6.5" diameter, It's pretty large. It sticks out farther than the back tank. I'll try to make a more proper measurement and let you know.

24 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

I'm open to the idea. I currently a have a few things I'm in the middle of printing but can definitely look at doing a run for you after I find a free moment in the printing schedule. Message me and we can talk further about it.

I know someone on Facebook called 3D Empire made an early run on some not-so-accurate prints and sold his 10 pieces pretty quick. So there might be a small market there for you and $ to make if you choose to. But I understand you priorities for you Patrol Scout. (My next project) 

When you get a closer measurement on the battery pack, I’d like to know roughly the length from the 1” straps that hold it. 

1 hour ago, MrPoopie said:

I've got the battery closer to about 6.5" diameter, It's pretty large. It sticks out farther than the back tank. I'll try to make a more proper measurement and let you know.

My measurement was wrong for the battery pack. I'll get you a proper measurement this weekend, hopefully tomorrow. 

I'll get you the 1" strap length too. 

I've adjusted the dimensions to get closer to what you're showing. (armor varies slightly so I had to find a middle ground without distorting the model. The outer strap width will be just short of 9". This will give the overall Battery a width of just about 14" (from the left side to the outer edge of the staff mount). The diameter is still about 6.5" for the battery tube body.

• Thanks 1

More screenshots added. some better pics of the staff as well as the backside of the battery strapping. I figured out how to take screenshots through the body of the 3D model to get places that I couldn't see before that are hidden normally.

Fallen Order Scout

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• BikerScout007 changed the title to TB - Scout Trooper: Jedi Fallen Order CRL Drafting
  • BikerScout007 unpinned this topic