Mountain Trooper

There's also a 3" figure, another Galaxy's Edge exclusive, that hasn't ben pictured here yet:

star-wars-galaxys-first-order-cargo-shop

If it's as well-made as the similarly sized Treadspeeder Trooper figure, then it's as detailed as the 6" Black Series figure.

But yeah, costumed cast members would be the best.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:57 PM, Wompet said:

There's also a 3" figure, another Galaxy's Edge exclusive, that hasn't ben pictured here yet:

If it's as well-made as the similarly sized Treadspeeder Trooper figure, then it's as detailed as the 6" Black Series figure.

But yeah, costumed cast members would be the best.

Is this at Disneyland or Disneyworld? Was trying to find online to buy but cant find anywhere on Disney store; would be willing to pay someone that is going to parks soon for a set maybe 2 I have a friend locally that would probably want one too

5 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

Is this at Disneyland or Disneyworld? Was trying to find online to buy but cant find anywhere on Disney store; would be willing to pay someone that is going to parks soon for a set maybe 2 I have a friend locally that would probably want one too

I originally found it in this article:

https://wdwnt.com/2019/06/photos-every-merchandise-item-with-prices-from-first-order-cargo-in-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Only the Disneyland Galaxy's Edge was open when Disney put this out, so the set should definitely be there.  Hopefully they'd be sold at Disney World also.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I found this concept art for Galaxy's Edge that uses the Mountain Trooper. It came from this site here:

https://milnersblog.com/tag/mountain-trooper-episode-ix/

Perhaps that can be used as another source.

Any word on when / if the Mountain Troopers will be coming to Galaxy's Edge? I've been to both Batuu West (July '19) and Batuu East (Jan. '20) now and sadly both times there weren't very many characters at all roaming around.

mountain-trooper-at-star-wars-galaxys-edge.jpg

• Like 1

I found this concept art for Galaxy's Edge that uses the Mountain Trooper. It came from this site here:
https://milnersblog.com/tag/mountain-trooper-episode-ix/
Perhaps that can be used as another source.
Any word on when / if the Mountain Troopers will be coming to Galaxy's Edge? I've been to both Batuu West (July '19) and Batuu East (Jan. '20) now and sadly both times there weren't very many characters at all roaming around.

mountain-trooper-at-star-wars-galaxys-edge.thumb.jpg.acd99548472b55bd76040a5a8a555512.jpg
Neat pic but its just the one pic of the figure pasted on the background.

Kb props and jsin were going to make the suits for the parks but I think something fell through because it never happened.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just now, heartstopper85 said:

Kb props and jsin were going to make the suits for the parks but I think something fell through because it never happened.

It looks to me like the black series toy photoshopped into the Galaxy's edge backdrop. 

3 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Looking at it more closely (and the Mountain Trooper in the background which appears to be just the same one with its image flipped), I see that now.

That's too bad about it falling through. I wonder if we'll ever see them in the parks. Would be a shame if we didn't. I really like the idea of a park exclusive trooper and then having the 501st being able to bring a little bit of Batuu to some events.

• Like 1

I'm not giving up on the Mountain Trooper just yet.  If it doesn't show up in a reasonable amount of time in the park we're going to see what we can do with the sources we have.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if this got delayed and will come out in the parks later this year when they need to drum up visitors. With the ride delays and this causing them to be very over budget it probably got shelved for now until they need some new things to bring in business. 

• Like 1

I'm pressing with my build just figured out shin straps today

We have plenty of troops local I can wear non legion approved costumes so that's good enough for me.

As long I look like a real life action figure I'm happy

• Like 3

I’m heading to Orlando today, will probably bug vendors to see if they know anything about the mountain trooper. I’m in no rush still working on my fotk right now but after that I’d really like to do the mountain trooper if we can get more info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I’m heading to Orlando today, will probably bug vendors to see if they know anything about the mountain trooper. I’m in no rush still working on my fotk right now but after that I’d really like to do the mountain trooper if we can get more info.

Thank you!  If you can get anything to add to our sources that would be incredible.  The more sources we can get, the better the case we can make to the LMOs.

• 3 weeks later...

So I still haven't made it to Galaxy's Edge, but that figure set that I mentioned above can be found on eBay.

So this arrived today:

5pyYBtb.jpg

9nJVUJP.jpg

Apologies for the lighting - I'll take some pictures in natural light as soon as I can.

But for now:

xy0gy62.jpg

6mVkOsA.jpg

3yi5K01.jpg

mfa2Zdu.jpg

ezQ6NkN.jpg

WVQK4aP.jpg

h5RRHqK.jpg

LOQWkbv.jpg

7xnfWv3.jpg

S7U5LpH.jpg

VJmUlXa.jpg

So, the forearms are different from the Black Series figure, but match the box art, the flaps on the pouches are different, and the color is ... well, it's not white or Sierra Beige ...

• Like 1

Ok so I just got back from Orlando, and I did allot of digging about mountain trooper. I probably asked 60 or so cast members about it. 2 people told me the same thing that is either the truth or something on the internet I haven’t seen.

Apparently the Mountain trooper along with the tie echelon, that is in the first order camp is all from the never made Colin Trevorrow Star Wars episode 9. Apparently the Disney imagineers worked with him on design elements for the park this is why the shuttle the Kylo Ren shows up on in the park has also never been seen before. There is no future plans currently for Disney parks to make a mountain trooper.

I was told this by 2 different cast members on different days (I went 2 days to Galaxy’s edge)

I vaguely remember Doug Chang talking about working with Disney on designing the park, on either something from Disney plus, or maybe from celebration. The timeline of the park being developed also makes sense to me.

If anyone gets anymore info, I’d love to know more. I love the design of this trooper. It feels like a perfect evolution to the biker scout design.

• Like 1

That makes sense I'm in Orlando too for weekend. I think I'm gonna press with my idea to just do for fun.
Got to ride rotr on Saturday

We have some non lfl events I got ok to wear at as well. Just wont count for census etc.

Would not suggest this costume to anyone looking to join legion. But it really does turn heads. Hopefully once I get my straps from jsin I can finish up soon. Maybe by my birthday in march.

Just need to weather than finish hip armor belt and shins. Everything else is rigged and fitted

I'm headed to Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland in two weeks, I'll let you know what I can "scout" out.  

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Hey Mountain Trooper fans

Disney had a big roll out of Batuu-themed merch this past week.  We should keep an eye out for anymore MT references.

Besides the solo release of the Black Series MT at stores, there is a new Batuu download for Sims 4,  and this guide:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Galaxys-Edge-Travelers/dp/0760366748/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=galaxys+edge&qid=1599086976&sr=8-3

If anybody comes across any new Mountain Trooper sources we haven't seen yet, please let us know!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Hey Mountain Trooper fans

Disney had a big roll out of Batuu-themed merch this past week.  We should keep an eye out for anymore MT references.

Besides the solo release of the Black Series MT at stores, there is a new Batuu download for Sims 4,  and this guide:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Galaxys-Edge-Travelers/dp/0760366748/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=galaxys+edge&qid=1599086976&sr=8-3

If anybody comes across any new Mountain Trooper sources we haven't seen yet, please let us know!

I've read several reviews and they noted specifically that the Mountain Trooper is not mentioned anywhere in the book. Hopefully some other information will come with new merch though.

Can anyone confirm this about the book?

• Like 1