Mountain Trooper

Got on the run for KB Props they have the bucket printing and working on the new moulds for the chest and back.

Glad to see other people think the hip armor is fabric, I pm'd Geeky pinks to ask about soft goods.

I doubt we will ever see this costume in the flesh, but I know as a fact realistic Rex got approved from a toy, and we have EU characters that were toys. Heck I just done making Major Vonreg from an anime style cartoon. Don't know why there would be any push back form the legion if people want to spend money and develop a costume.

Also for my input boots appear to the FO First Order Boots with some type of shin armor over them it's hard to tell but my vote is on the shin armor being shoretrooper armor with the plates having similar features to a snowtrooper

1 hour ago, heartstopper85 said:

Got on the run for KB Props they have the bucket printing and working on the new moulds for the chest and back.

Glad to see other people think the hip armor is fabric, I pm'd Geeky pinks to ask about soft goods.

I doubt we will ever see this costume in the flesh, but I know as a fact realistic Rex got approved from a toy, and we have EU characters that were toys. Heck I just done making Major Vonreg from an anime style cartoon. Don't know why there would be any push back form the legion if people want to spend money and develop a costume.

Also for my input boots appear to the FO First Order Boots with some type of shin armor over them it's hard to tell but my vote is on the shin armor being shoretrooper armor with the plates having similar features to a snowtrooper

All we need are 3 sources.  Doesn't matter if they are toys or artwork.  So we just need to keep looking.  I'm sure more will be coming in the next few months.  In the meantime, I'll start the draft CRL.  

All we need are 3 sources.  Doesn't matter if they are toys or artwork.  So we just need to keep looking.  I'm sure more will be coming in the next few months.  In the meantime, I'll start the draft CRL.  
Does the box art count as a source?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Does the box art count as a source?

I wouldn't think so since it's all from the same thing.  

46 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Glimmer of hope

Matt works on the story group for Lucasfilm 0e54c354bfa8d9daa2e55830782ccfd8.jpg

This is what we suspected, that they will be characters at the park.  It wouldn't be the first Pathfinder that was a park exclusive.  The white Kashyyyk is only found in Star Tours. :)

• Like 1

This will probably happen when they open the other First Order ride sometime this fall. 

• Like 1

Probably I got some info from spec ops old DL on the Spec Ops First Order black and red TK. And was told they used for sources, The toy, the pic in back, and a pic on the side. I think we are only at 2 pics right now so hoping once we see in park that will be source 3.

Either way deposit is down with KB and I'll be posting a in progress pic soon, Should update my pic I retired and sold my shoretrooper ages ago 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Probably I got some info from spec ops old DL on the Spec Ops First Order black and red TK. And was told they used for sources, The toy, the pic in back, and a pic on the side. I think we are only at 2 pics right now so hoping once we see in park that will be source 3.

Either way deposit is down with KB and I'll be posting a in progress pic soon, Should update my pic I retired and sold my shoretrooper ages ago 

I look forward to your build.  We always need a CRL model!

That might have been concept I think I remember seeing that pouch too

Interested to see what the actual box looks like when bought in park. They are selling the set in July on shopdisney.com

18 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

Yeah if you scroll up to the beginning of this thread you'll see most of these pics there.  We've been staring at the same 3 pictures for months!

Whether they have the ammo pouch or not is going to come down to what the live action MTs wear.  Unless we get some other sources.

On 6/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, heartstopper85 said:

That might have been concept I think I remember seeing that pouch too

Interested to see what the actual box looks like when bought in park. They are selling the set in July on shopdisney.com

the box art of the MT is actually a little bit different than the figure though 

1 hour ago, delcid56789 said:

the box art of the MT is actually a little bit different than the figure though 

It is.  And the actual character might be different than both of them.

Yep KB just caught that the forearms are Shoretrooper on the box, and FO on the toy.

Hurry up and get one roaming the park lol. Side note I think you can buy this set of figures come July on the shopdisney website. Not paying 100 on ebay for a 50 dollar set

On the shirt is it the same as the hoover tank? Seems all black with similar patterns, Thersea said she can do the pants and shirt but figured if I could get cheap on Imperial boots from their set I could do that. Thersea tends to sew stuff for me almost too tight

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I just joined the pathfinders's familly and go for a walk in this forum.

I didn't know the mountain trooper, but I like it a lot.

So I hope that Disney will give us more about it.

Zer Cheese TB 14375 from the French Garrison

8 hours ago, Zer Cheese said:

Hi,

I just joined the pathfinders's familly and go for a walk in this forum.

I didn't know the mountain trooper, but I like it a lot.

So I hope that Disney will give us more about it.

Zer Cheese TB 14375 from the French Garrison

We like it a lot too!

Here's the info we have so far....

The Mountain Trooper toy was released early by Disney to have merchandise in Galaxy's Edge.  From what we've been told it is not the final design.  The toy uses parts of other toys in order for Disney to save money.  

Some time later this year, actual Mountain Troopers (people in costume) will begin appearing in the parks at Disneyland and Disney World.  We are waiting to see those costumes before we proceed with the CRL.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

New image of the mountain trooper from a garrison-mate and fellow pathfinder. Looks like there's been some changes to the helmet. 

21B5GMk.jpg

• Like 1

Looking more Scout-like. Well, from what I can see. 

We haven't heard anything at all about there being a first order Scout, and there's not going to be one in Episode 9.   From what I've been told, this is what the Mountain Trooper is supposed to be.  So now we've got even more questions than before. 

The only thing that will settle this for sure is seeing the live action characters at the park.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

indeed I have kb armor in hand it's ready to be casted on demand and its been based in the action figure

We don't have any other solid reference yet and maybe never

• Like 1

We need a consistent source before we finish the CRL. So far we've got the figure, the figures box art, which contradicts some of the details on the figure.  And two pieces of artwork from Galaxy's Edge that contradict each other. :D

We are hoping that once these troopers appear at the park as live action characters we can settle this and finish the CRL. 

• Like 2