Biker Scout Boots Tutorial

• 2 weeks later...

For stitching the boots, it specifically says to fold the vinyl at the top of the boot and stitch. Do you also fold the edges under the velcro?

If your referring to the Velcro closure in the back of the boot, then no fold is needed. Vinyl will not fray like many traditional fabrics. The fold at the top of the boot is to give it a “finished and clean” look.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Kingshow 1366 boot
appears to have been discontinued, but any boots with a similar shape and colored sole will work. Just make sure that the sole is not two-tone in color or dark tan/brown. It should be a wheat color. The Kingshow 1180 wheat is a good substitute. Prices have really jumped over the last year too.

https://www.amazon.com/KINGSHOW-Mens-Wheat-Classic-Boots/dp/B08BJB37K2/

If you find a boot other than what has been suggested, feel free to post a pic and we’ll let you know if it’ll work or not.

• 5 months later...

Well, it looks like the 1180 is the latest Kingshow boots on Amazon, if anyone is interested. The sole color isn't exact, but might work? Got mine on sale for $40 and what do you know, my marine vinyl came in to today as well. Time to get rolling. 

20240102_161652.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P Combover said:

Well, it looks like the 1180 is the latest Kingshow boots on Amazon, if anyone is interested. The sole color isn't exact, but might work? Got mine on sale for $40 and what do you know, my marine vinyl came in to today as well. Time to get rolling. 

20240102_161652.jpg

These are the ones used in the film:

Originals%201.jpg

I'd say the color of those is in the ballpark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, that sole color looks good. Thanks for the heads up, Chris.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

What do people usually do about the laces, I've seen some people use elastic laces which is a good idea. Do others just tie them up before glueing the vinyl and leave it? Or does glueing it the way it's glued in the tutorial stil allow you access to the laces anyway.

5 minutes ago, L0CKSTER said:

What do people usually do about the laces, I've seen some people use elastic laces which is a good idea. Do others just tie them up before glueing the vinyl and leave it? Or does glueing it the way it's glued in the tutorial stil allow you access to the laces anyway.

I just leave mine loose and untied.  That has always worked for me, but I do have a big foot!

• Like 1

I just leave mine loose and untied.  That has always worked for me, but I do have a big foot!

Haha maybe I’ll just do that too, I’ll have a look into elastic laces as well just to settle my curiosity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did elastic laces but I’m not sure it is 100% needed in hindsight.

Knowing how the film boots were built they probably left them laced and tied the top hooks each suit-up.

• Like 1

I planned to use elastic laces for my build, but took BikerScout007’s advice to leave them unlaced and I’ve had no issues. I did not put any E6000 over the laces covered by the toe cap or the boot shaft which allows me to tighten them a little if needed, but it is very rare, and I can still tie them if I want, but tbh there’s really no need, as long as the boot base fits your foot well.

• Like 1