Hey Ferra

Desert 95 BDU

thanks for checking on my progress, all the pockets have been removed from both pants and shirt, I am getting a friend to make the pockets on the pants with the excess material. Then I will start the dying process I still need to buy Rit Colour stay.

Boots

Thanks for the heads up I will keep looking around, I just noticed the zipper it would be visible even with the armor on looks like,

Thanks for the advice :-)

Dying Tips

Once my pc leg pouches and completed I am going to use the following products

2 Packets of Rit Dark Brown

36915496890_685a46d3fd_m.jpg

and a touch of Rit Black

36915497820_5a8f384ed1_m.jpg

Both dying processes will be immediately followed up with Rit Color Stay

36915498300_5b0bd5da2b_m.jpg

for Dying tips and tutorials Check out Rit Dye on Youtube

• Like 2

The main body of the boots are tan or khaki colored. The soles are tan.

Do not go by the picture in the CRL.

At one point, the body of the boot "was" white.

But, with the whining of some members (Who for some reason no longer have their Kashyyyk Trooper after all of the bitching they did...) declaring that the boots were tan, instead of white and a wee bit dirty, with some Kashyyyk sand on them...they are now TAN. (And have been that way for quite a few years now.)

The CRL picture needs to be updated.

So, if you find boots that are already tan...not much work to do to them, except some sole modifications.

Oh kool Grumpy

That will help heaps make things a little easier I was actually getting excited dying boots to get them white ok so tan.

Back Tank - Greebie

Ok so I began tackling one part of the armor I've been avoiding but with some research and trial and error, I found methods to more or less measure the area to cut.

37130155546_c7655e6321.jpg

I created a template in which to give a guide.

36483069174_4deff3be55.jpg

Traced the outline of the object onto the tank more or less where it needs to sit.

37336251605_7da71b0393.jpg[/url]

Decided to use a hot knife to make the cutting easier

37193447031_af9d99bf29.jpg

37336740665_f1e73a28e2.jpg

Still, need to buy E6000 glue lol I think I am going to need to allot maybe.

Tank Size - cutting

These three pics are not mine I saved them a while ago while conducting research on how to measure and cut the tank, so far they look like a great guide to start off with I tried finding the original thread on Bikerscout.net but with Photobucket third-party sharing disabled I can't find the original lucky I saved them.

37146679756_ff2cdff9a8.jpg

36524834563_266fcfdb6e.jpg

36524834883_ab3848eab4.jpg

Paint Test

I probably won't use this paint but... having said that I think the colors came out pretty good.

37316248855_5fe3140457.jpg

36502528093_452c5f1930.jpg

The main body of the boots are tan or khaki colored. The soles are tan.

Do not go by the picture in the CRL.

At one point, the body of the boot "was" white.

But, with the whining of some members (Who for some reason no longer have their Kashyyyk Trooper after all of the bitching they did...) declaring that the boots were tan, instead of white and a wee bit dirty, with some Kashyyyk sand on them...they are now TAN. (And have been that way for quite a few years now.)

The CRL picture needs to be updated.

So, if you find boots that are already tan...not much work to do to them, except some sole modifications.

Oh man are you f'ing kidding me. I've just spent 6 months modding the sole of a set of boots to get them as perfect as possible and and have started painting them white, to avoid the inevitable "it doesn't look like the CRL" feedback on review.... Any chance of getting the cummerbund changed to "grey or khaki" too while we're at it? FFS... /endthreadhijack

Hot knife looks like a great idea for all general armour trimming. Does it work well or create a molten mess?

Also what colours are you looking at? I came out of Bunnings with a fistful of swatches and after culling them down to the ones that matched best, funnily enough ended up with two that had 'olive' and 'earth brown' in their names. I know everyone goes for spray paints but I'm wondering if standard interior/exterior paint is workable if you're going to use a sponge and clear coat over it anyway.

The hot knife works well but for me, it took practice I would personally only use it for straight cuts and curves and your cutting speed needs to be consistent and not to stop otherwise the plastic will cut through like butter and the plastic might blog up if you stop overall I am happy with the outcome.

Colors I chose the following Humbrol paint (but I might be going with the same color another Kashyyyk in my garrison has.

36598095276_8d258fbde4_b.jpg

Another Kashyyyk in my Knightfall has the following colors:

The 3 colours I found to match the required Kashyyk Scout Trooper scheme were:

Dulux Bunker - brown... shade P12B9

Dulux Bracken Green - dark green... shade P22B7

Dulux White Cabbage - light green for the base colour... shade P19C3

37196102731_105428230b_o.jpg

it may be worthwhile for you to make an account to view his build thread to get some ideas.

https://forum.501tag.com/thread-5838.html?highlight=kashyyyk

Thanks, I have an account on TAG and have seen Fish's build. Funny I didn't have those in the ones I collected.

klRxoqu.jpg

My final colours were Dulux Green Olive and Brown Earth. I couldn't find anything that matched perfectly for the base coat but Wattyl Serengetti looks OK from what I can see.

Not a great photo (olive looks greener irl) but you get the idea.

cxRt9RK.jpg

PM me your email and I'll send you a document I made with my paint research... too big to attached here.

I liked krylon camo colors, just wasn´t happy with the green, so i used another more "wine bottle toned" then with the satin varnish it darkened a little....

SAC, the wording in the CRL for the boot is correct. The boot shown in the picture is not.

It was one of the previous Kashyyyk Armourers. (Only a few of the Kashyyyk pictures, used in the CRL, are of my son's Kashyyyk.)

At the time of the "fix," the wording was changed, but not the picture. The body of the boot is tan or khaki, the sole is also tan or khaki.

And, sorry, but the cummerbund is still grey, but "weathered."

SAC, the wording in the CRL for the boot is correct. The boot shown in the picture is not.

It was one of the previous Kashyyyk Armourers. (Only a few of the Kashyyyk pictures, used in the CRL, are of my son's Kashyyyk.)

At the time of the "fix," the wording was changed, but not the picture. The body of the boot is tan or khaki, the sole is also tan or khaki.

And, sorry, but the cummerbund is still grey, but "weathered."

No worries mate. Just venting a bit. Love your work. :thanks:

• Like 1

Still trying to get some time to get the pics up fr the boots, should I take the picture with the armor plates or without?

Still trying to get some time to get the pics up fr the boots, should I take the picture with the armor plates or without?

I'd say without.

To add to the colour discussion these are some of the examples I've found (first picture not mine):

CRL states:

Krylon khaki tan

Panzer olive green or equiv

Flat earth brown

Iy6ScQ2.png

Z1eNk1f.png

aMMqltV.png

oWTc1uy.png

aSPxkz9.png

RDvhgty.png

V12iITS.png

Although it probably just adds more questions... I don't like any of the Rustoleum coulours at all. In my research I also found there is a large range of "Panzer Olive" in the modelling community.

I'll drop by Bunnings on the way home today to try and find the samples of your colours to compare to what I ended up with... like we NEED an excuse to go to Bunnings...

really tough choices are there any other Kashyyyks in your garrison maybe copying their colour scheme? I might copy fishers

Shins

Started talking the shin and thigh armour pieces.

did anyone have issues with sliding their foot through the shin pieces the arch of my foot doesn't go through :-(

37070066110_33a37a6c55.jpg

I used painters tape as a guide for a straight line I made a mistake on one front shin piece but ill find a way to fix it

37311887512_3eae2204c2.jpg

I had to apply some heat with a heat gun to mould it into shape ill need more Earth magnets to keep all the seems in line and then apply more heat.

37123995970_d38698934f.jpg37342815266_4371002816.jpg

Shin Thigh Armour Test Fit

I decided to put on the army pants for the Kashyyyk (undyed, however) and see how it looks

37432845502_7a0b742376.jpg

I had to use a heat gun to mould the thigh piece of armour but I had to stop because I need more earth magnets to help keep the shape consistent with both pieces of armour ill explain in more detail when I get more Earth Magnets.

37206169830_59a4fb3855_z.jpg

The armour piece is also a bit too long for my legs they will have to be shortened to make room for the knee armour pieces.

Nice mate. I'm assuming you're looking at using 25mm wide slots for the webbing. What spacing are you thinking overall for the straps?

I would make the legs a little shorter to get more room for the knees.

To get the best results in making the legs seamless and also strong I used fiber glass putty, then car putty/bondo to get the smoother...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4lw2c1jv4tvlql0/AABrIg--y4Qrwp3PGEMw7deUa?dl=0

Nice mate. I'm assuming you're looking at using 25mm wide slots for the webbing. What spacing are you thinking overall for the straps?

Hey I am not at that part just yet still on the shin and thigh armour pieces, but with spacing with the two straps I was going judge it from a couple of the kashyyyk troopers and the cartoon pics

I would make the legs a little shorter to get more room for the knees.

To get the best results in making the legs seamless and also strong I used fiber glass putty, then car putty/bondo to get the smoother...

https://www.dropbox....PGEMw7deUa?dl=0

Thaks for that yer I made a mistake on one of the shin pieces I didn't cut it straight so there is a gap on the bottom front corners of the shin armour, excellent ill look up fibreglass putty thanks

• Like 1

Boots

Still undecided but below is one boot I am leaning towards not too expensive and they already look like they have similar patterns not the same though but pretty close.

[u36918124034_700035daf4_z.jpg

THese are are exactly the boots we are using. Just use a dremil tool and notch all of the cut outs in the sole and dremel the arch will look great. And a slight dusting of white paint

CRL says for the boots:

"Main body of boot is beige coloured - similar to Beige Desert Military Boots"

The photo is wrong apparently... as I've recently found out a little too late. So I wouldn't bother with the white paint.