chilledmilk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just got armor and im way over my head now, just busted out the helmet and starting to sand/ bondo/ form the visor to help it fit the helmet better, needing to find a dremel or something to cut flash from underside of helmet so my head can fit..... if not I gota figure out how to do a face/back off mod to my helmet.

hey all you big headed guys, myself included, maybe this will help us...Flip visor helmet... http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=8871&hl=&fromsearch=1

it dosen't look to be complete but I'm gonna message the author trooper1389 and see if he will add pics to the original post!!

hope this helps.

@chilledmilk you will find that link interesting. It gives alot of links to the tools that trooper1389 uses for this build!!

P.S. if we pool our info we find we can all benefit!!!!

If you haven't invested in a dremmel (or a variation of one), you might want to consider it. The dremmel makes the build go a lot easier when it comes to cutting, trimming, sanding, grinding, or polishing any part of your armor. :)

Ya going to get one tonight, i think if i just stockpile the cheap $10 dremmels i can break one without caring as much as a nice one, also learned that Bondo is a pain to work into the visor. think im being to exact. i need to just slop it on and sand down to what i want it to look like.

Zack, My head measures in at 23.5" Circum. and my head fits fine in the bikerchick helmet. Just open the hole slowly, just a little at a time and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Comm,

That knot in my stomach got a bit looser ;)

LoL, I have a 24" skull so seein as your not that far off I doubt I'll have an issue... Is there much extra room in there when you get you head in?

ie. for a headband kit or a fan kit?

I have 3/4" thick squirrel fans waiting to go into my sandtrooper helmet. Going to see if i can use them in my Kashyyyk trooper bucket when I get to that point in my build...

If interested I can point anyone who wants to know where I got them!!!

A squirrel fan will work. That's what I've put in all of the Kashyyyk buckets I've worked on. I put it on the side near the green lens and have the air blow across the lens and across the top of my face. Yeah, it goes over my eyes, but it feels good, especially at a hot summer troop. It sits right near the side of your face and is in close quarters, but you get air. Some people might have to position it in a different spot for comfort. :blink:

Each person will be different.

I bought a rechargable duel fan kit from DTR1 on CTN, I believe the specs are the same as Shadow ARF's kit...

12v Battery Specs

3.7" x 2.4"x 1.1"

Output: 12 V

Current Load: 1A

On/Off Switch

26" Extension cable

Fan Specs:

12Vdc, 0.28A blower. 50 x 20mm, ball bearing blower. 5300 RPM. 6.75CFM. 15.5db-A

Are these like the 'squirrel' fans your talking about?

:::::: amendment ::::::

I just got word back from DTR1 he says those sizes are correct

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/CF-371/12VDC-50MM-BLOWER/1.html

here is the site where i bought my squirrel cages this site is cool for cheep things you can use on a million things!!!

ALSO fyi if you know anyone who has asperations to build an astromech droid they have alot of componuts to that you will need to build one!!!

and "no" i'm not trying to advertise for these guys!!!

I have everything rough trimmed minus the shin armor and chest pieces. anyone know how to fit the tank on the back armor? im guessing cutting a hole in back armor then sliding tank in it, but then how do u fit the tank onto the back armor to make it stay put?

In one of the messages i got from BikerChick, she stated that she included 5 L Brackets with the kit, for which to mount the tank onto the back piece. She did say if we had any quetions to ask her. You could try PMing her directly. I was planning on cutting a hole in the back plate about 2" smaller than the tank, and then gluing (welding) the L Brackets into place and then mounting the tank to them. After all was done i Was going to close the hole in the back plate to seal it up. That was my plan, If anyone has a better plan, I am all ears. I thought about Cutting the back plate to slide the tank through, but was not sure how well the tank would hold in place,, as it has no return edge to hold it on the inside. Just my thoughts.

If you have more info on this please post, I will be getting home in a week and a half... My wife said my package from BikerChick has been siting at home for a while so I'm gonna be like a kid on Christmas morning when I get back

now im at the spot in the build where I gota figure out how to get things to stick together, trying to get the leg armor and toe caps to work right but bikers shin guards are a bit different then what iv seen in other kashyyyk troopers. a bulbous end on the shin armor where the toe caps "connect" instead of a slope like iv seen, not saying its wrong just trying to work with it and figure out how to get it to fit. how do u work with the shin armor. once on your person. I got an idea how to make them seemless iv seen WIPs on that, but how do u put it on/off and tie boots and what not underneath then trooper?