Mountain Trooper

Okay Folks, 

Possible new Pathfinder on the horizon here.  I'm going to start this thread so we can start compiling info

15dcbef5ac273a898e71d7b1bf3d404a.jpg01bc0111da4007fcd9d3393edf0c4770.jpg11c458d8eb55d2fa1d2326d0e6894303.jpg

• Like 1

Looks alot like a Shoretrooper evolution.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 10:39 AM, StormyStormtrooper said:

Interesting. Wonder if we'd be able to see this in the movies? The helmet looks to be a mixture of a Shoretrooper, with a First Order helmet, and possibly, a Mimban trooper? You guys have noticed, but the amour seems heavily based on a Shoretrooper. I hope we can get more on this!

Looks like it is destined for Episode IX.  We may get some Sequel Trilogy love yet

EDIT:  Looks like this is a Galaxy's Edge park exclusive character.  

• Like 1

What parts are different from the shore that I can start 3D modeling? Let's get out of the gate quickly. 

• Like 2

Everything? Looks like all armor is not ST armor. The helmet has some features but the should bells look similar to FOTK, same for biceps I think. Forearms look like Patrol trooper. The abs might be Shoretrooper. Legs doesn’t look familiar. The hip plates look Shoretrooper-esque. Don’t know if the pouches are part of the plates or separate. No back shot yet. 

It it may be too early yet. But it’s so freaking cool!

• Like 4

Ab looks like Shore.  The chest has a Patrol feel to it

Boots almost look kind of snow trooper-ish

The insides of the wrists look like FO TK, but the outside looks shore-like with aribbing instead of squares.The pouch might be attached to the belt above the thigh plates.  Thos looks like modified shore biceps though with modified FO TK shoulders.

Love that Scout snout.

• Like 1

Slightly better box art. It looks like the right side pouch is several pouches (like the shore).

32308004987_251a840d35_o.png

40285225693_0bae236d12_o.jpg

I'm not seeing this... I'm not seeing this!! I'm not se... Damn it I SAW IT!!! NNNOOOO!!!! Darn it... Me wants it now... I'm just finishing my Shoretrooper and Biker Scout and decided my next project is gonna be Jango Fett but now I'm having second thoughts... 

• Haha 3

I'm pretty into this design. I hope it has some decent screen time in the film and ends up having a home with the pathfinders detachment. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I'm pretty into this design. I hope it has some decent screen time in the film and ends up having a home with the pathfinders detachment. 

Agreed. I think the Tanker was the closest looking to the Scout it just had the wrong helmet. I dig this a lot. 

• Like 1

In the artist rendition the forearms and hand plates look very similar if not same as Shore. 

Also hearing from some people that this character is destined for Galaxy's Edge Disneyland park... 

10 minutes ago, BrinkHouse said:

In the artist rendition the forearms and hand plates look very similar if not same as Shore. 

Also hearing from some people that this character is destined for Galaxy's Edge Disneyland park... 

Yeah I'm hearing that too.  Either way I think it's a good fit for this Detachment but ultimately the LMO will decide.  I think we should just hunker down, do the work and let the chips fall where they may

• Like 5

Definitely looks like "here we have these already so mix them up and come up with a new costume" :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Definitely looks like "here we have these already so mix them up and come up with a new costume" :lol:

Yeah I've been getting that feeling since Solo.   I mean, it does make sense for a military to re-use common parts between troopers.  It also probably saves on the costume budget :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Yeah I've been getting that feeling since Solo.   I mean, it does make sense for a military to re-use common parts between troopers.  It also probably saves on the costume budget :D

But what I hate is when they mix up bits from different generations, "hey this looked good in EPVII, let's use it in Rogue One" and then it's not seen through any of the original trilogy :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

But what I hate is when they mix up bits from different generations, "hey this looked good in EPVII, let's use it in Rogue One" and then it's not seen through any of the original trilogy :lol:

Agreed that stuff bugs me too.  And I know Disney needs to sell toys and all, but doesn't it make sense that the First Order would be using a lot of Army Surplus stuff -- they should have old Stormtrooper and Scout uniforms in their ranks.  I'm not a big fan of the idea that every film needs an entirely different set of troopers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon_a said:

Disney's marketing department would disagree 😉

Mouse gotta make that cheese....

• Like 2