Falke's Scout

Hello everyone,

I have wanted to build a Scout for some time but a few weeks ago it was finally time to start my build. I want to try for Lancer in the long run, so I have already invested a lot of time in my research. This also not my first cosplay, I have some Mandos, two officers and a Clone Trooper. But the Scout is very different from everything I have build so far. I am very small with only 5'4". And I like sewing so I try to make all my soft parts my self. I have alredy started with my boots, pictures will follow in the future, my base boots were recommended by a fellow scout and I have also seen them here on the forum before as a good base. I have also ordered an armor kit from RWA and will order a helmet from Ironmotion. 

The reason that I am starting my Wip now, are the modifications of my flightsuit. I have bought some real suede as required for Lancer. As this was quite expensive, I want to be 100% sure that my patches are correct before I start cutting the suede. It would be great if you could tell me, if I need to change anything of my pattern. I tried to follow reference pictures as much as possible, but they do look different every time and it's hard to see with the black on black. This hideous orange colour should at least help with that 😅

The two white stripes on the front picture mark the top and bottom edge of my patella for reference. I have only noticed that the bottom edge of my butt flap is askew after I already changed back to my normal clothes. I would say the left side is definitly to long, but I am not sure if the right side is still too long.

Like the orange fabric the elastic is also only attached with some stichtes by hand. So I can easily adjust the length if necessary. The width of the elastic is exactly 5 cm.

h06oPCJ.jpeg

pJImz8n.jpeg

vG9vUhZ.jpeg

I look forward to your feedback!

• Like 1

Hiya, thanks for checking in. Here's what I can see --

• Back side of the riding patch looks fine.
  • Front side should be more rounded at the top. This is typically recommended so you don't have right angles showing from the sides of the codpiece. See marks in attached photo.
  • Butt flap is too long and slightly too wide. See marks in attached photo for approximate adjustment.

For additional reference, you might want to read these threads, if you haven't already:

https://forum.501stpathfinders.com/topic/19967-soft-parts-best-practices/

https://forum.501stpathfinders.com/topic/19259-undersuit-mods/

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Patch.JPG

Patch2.JPG

• Like 2

Hey! I'm a short scout, and I found a lot of help in reviewing the WIPs of others around my height. Here's mine, if it is of any help! You know how mandos love those WIPs... B) I also made my own soft parts, which I think I detailed a bit in here. If you haven't found them already, there are some other great WIPs from people our height on here that I have bookmarked

Thank you for your fast and helpful feedback. I have looked at those two topics when I made the patterns and they helped a lot. I can easily make the recommended adjustments. 

Thank you for showing me your Wip, it is great to see that you can for sure make an awesome Ewok-sized Scout.

I look forward to continue with my build!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 9:13 PM, LadyFalke said:

I have alredy started with my boots, pictures will follow in the future, my base boots were recommended by a fellow scout and I have also seen them here on the forum before as a good base. 

Oooooh, I'd really like to see your boots. They'll probably be my project for whitsunday or even Fronleichnam, when there'll be some days off of work in a row, otherwise it'll take me a while to get back to my scout anyway. 

Ahhhhh... Kappa Love... 😄 Nice clean outs there!
Starting the WIP was the right decision. You'll find a lot of helpful people here. Have fun with your build.

• Like 1