A simple option for functional pouches

I've been looking for a simple way to make my pouches more functional. I tried hollowing out some foam inserts, and the pouches looked great empty... but the weight of my phone, keys, wallet, etc made the bottom sag unevenly.
After searching around a bit, I found these small boxes . They fit perfectly inside the pouches, and for those who don't want hard edges, there's easily enough room to wrap the boxes in fabric or foam so the pouches will still look and feel soft. I'm probably gonna cut one side open so I don't have to take the boxes out every time I need access.

I’m currently making my pouches at the moment but the insert I’m using is a 3D printed rectangular prism proportionate to the size of the pouches, using a file given to me by Mr Poopy. Obviously this relies on owning your own 3D printer but if you do I’d strongly encourage going down this path as the plastic is purpose fit/shaped and is pretty light. It gives the pouches a nice shape too with nice soft looking edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah I came across his files while looking for options, so I'll probably make them when I get access to a 3D printer again. For now, the boxes will be my quick and dirty solution.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, L0CKSTER said:

I’m currently making my pouches at the moment but the insert I’m using is a 3D printed rectangular prism proportionate to the size of the pouches, using a file given to me by Mr Poopy. Obviously this relies on owning your own 3D printer but if you do I’d strongly encourage going down this path as the plastic is purpose fit/shaped and is pretty light. It gives the pouches a nice shape too with nice soft looking edges.

Weirdly, this has been my greatest gift to the Pathfinders.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 3/13/2024 at 12:12 PM, MrPoopie said:

Weirdly, this has been my greatest gift to the Pathfinders.

Or curse because we end up carrying all the TKs stuff in our pouches.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While I am just now starting to work on a scout trooper I am part of the mando mercs. I have similar pouches on my mando kit. I use nesquik containers to keep the form. i painted them so the yellow doesnt show through.

image.png.70f2f22afd9668c2530aaeff7f21be80.png

On 3/13/2024 at 3:29 PM, L0CKSTER said:

Where can I find these files? Are they still free/available? I'd be interested 🙃