Finally starting the dream!

Morning everyone! I have started wet sanding the primed pieces and did a test paint on the shoulder bells.  I’m glad I did something easy to resand if needed.  I discovered the clear coat gives a yellow tint! Check out the pic below. Part of me started to say it actually looked better than the straight white before the clear. You can see the difference between the two below.  I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts before I redo the one that has a tint to it.

sv5Bmy7.jpeg

mvyDFAv.jpeg

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm not seeing a huge difference in shade. Either should be fine. 

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

Honestly, I'm not seeing a huge difference in shade. Either should be fine. 

Thanks! I took it out into the sunlight and it was more noticeable, I got a new clear coat doesn’t do that on another piece I tested so I’ll just redo the one shoulder piece.

Making some great progress! Most of armor is done, just the forearms and holster left for that. Then it’s on to the greeblies, blaster and TD.  Also need to get back to working on the boots.  I started those but stabbed myself like three times with the xacto so took a break lol.

SBHGOzs.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LookBehindYou said:

Making some great progress! Most of armor is done, just the forearms and holster left for that. Then it’s on to the greeblies, blaster and TD.  Also need to get back to working on the boots.  I started those but stabbed myself like three times with the xacto so took a break lol.

SBHGOzs.jpeg

Oh I also need to repaint the front of the helmet. Had a run so just stopped. Will have to wait for it cure before I can sand it and repaint then clear.

• Like 1

All the white painting is done. Just have to add stickers to helmet, paint the snout black, and weather the blaster.  Gloves from Endor Finders will be here tomorrow. Hopefully soft parts in a couple weeks from KriptonTop.  Next week will be making the boots.

XGInTVV.jpeg
dfc7vuM.jpeg

WXvJomh.jpeg
MlqbWPU.jpeg

• Like 1

Got some more done this weekend. Just threw on some black pants and shirt to test out the straps for the pieces on. Belt doesn’t have any straps yet, just slid it into place so it’s lower than it should be.  Knees don’t have the second strap riveted on.  Reinforced shoulder and helmet seam for the top/back with fiberglass. (DEFINITELY do that before painting, wouldn’t have been so tedious and could’ve added more. Lesson learned lol)

Cut the eye piece out, not glued in yet. 

Did an attempt at weathering the blaster. Turned out ok for first time I think.

Need to remove zippers from gloves.

QkycBxC.jpeg

b9aCws1.jpeg
IO9niWL.jpeg

nVzkumH.jpeg

• Like 2

Current state of affairs. All painting done! (Unless I have an oh crap how’d I miss that moment).  Just need to pin stripe the rank, put a red pin stripe on the tank topper and do the helmet decals.

c9wC17y.jpeg
PTXKIye.jpeg

T9i2ieA.jpeg

• Like 3

Everything looks great! Looking forward to seeing you suit up for full effect!

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2024 at 8:38 PM, LookBehindYou said:

Also, newly learned tip.  Tamiya acrylic light grey is not very light. 😳

Thanks! It’s boot build time which I’ve been procrastinating on, but it’ll be at least two weeks before the undersuit arrives (which at this point I kind of wish I’d had made myself just for the satisfaction)

Also did another test fit of the what I’ve done so far. A few adjustments, but not worth making til the undersuit is here.

Edit: i was slightly annoyed after looking at these pics. Shortly after I took them I realized my decals I had printed for the back vents were in the mailbox (thanks @Pluggerfor the file!)

dFFsM04.jpeg
XYlSA2M.jpeg

• Like 2

Suit is in, working on the boots then it’s off to do some sewing.  The cod piece is just held in place with the belt so it’s up to high, thinking I’m going to sew the Velcro part for it to the suit so it’s positioned right.  Also need to do Velcro for armor pieces and some other things, and fill the pouches for shape. But it’s looking good so far!  

UYHYKO3.jpeg

VRI4byN.jpeg
5foBSKI.jpeg

• Like 6

Nearly there, but first, check those pouches -- you've got them reversed!

566px-TB_bikerscout_full.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Nearly there, but first, check those pouches -- you've got them reversed!

566px-TB_bikerscout_full.jpg

Doh!!! I took them off to iron them, and didn’t even pay attention putting them back on. That’s an easy fix!!

• Like 1