Dom's Scout Trooper ROTJ - WIP

Just to be sure, my pouches are off-white, as are the drop box straps. Should the side straps of the chest armor and the elastic on the shoulder bridge also be off-white?

Yes to off-white on the side straps. The bridge covers should be white.

From the CRL:

If pouches are off-white, dropbox straps must be dyed to match.

Side under arm chest/back straps are made from 38mm (1.5") white cotton webbing.

• Optional: Straps may be off-white if using off-white pouches/drop box straps.

Disregard my last. Sorry, you caught me early :). Yes, those must match too. I apologize for any confusion.

Question about the belt and the drop box strapping. I'm planning on sewing the straps onto the belt, and I was wondering if the straps need to be behind the belt at the end, or can I have one in front and the other behind the belt?

If we can't see it, then it doesn't matter. If you look at the CRL photo, the attachment points are hidden behind the detonator box.

As an example, I didn't sew my attachment points on, I used snaps. You can't see them, so it's no problem.

Do what works for you, as long as what's visible corresponds with the CRL.

Flap.JPG

• Like 1

For the belt back straps, I'm going to use your snap technique, Chopper. I should receive them tomorrow.

I've decided to redo the chest armor from scratch. When I test-fitted everything, the chest was just too tight for me once the suit and vest were on. There is probably way less flexibility in 3D printed parts than in thermoformed ones. Scaling up the chest also means I need to redo the tank and its greeblies.

Oh, and the tea trick to dye the elastic shoulder bridge worked like a charm, perfect color match. But since I dyed them after gluing them, the coloration is slightly different where there is glue. All of this will be fix in the 2.0 version.

ABLVV85-qe5NjgDg3PHXvb7CEbM1z35yZL7f738F

The new chest armor is done printing, and with the scale-up, I can say that it's now at the point of being comfortable.

I have a question about the tank dial. In the Scoutpedia, the Tank Greeblie pic shows that the base of it seems to be white. Is this how it should be?

With the exception of the red stripe and white dot, the rest of the tank topper should be black.

What is showing through near the "button" on the left side is the tank itself. And while the base of the "button" does have the resin color showing along its edge, you can just paint the "button" black and be done with it.

MOTM_8667.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quick update. I received my Crowprops boots last Monday. The fit is just perfect and they are the exact same height as my homemade pair.

ABLVV84e37RTu0atXLMLgM_uOT4eGdTaW-BO9zJL

Lastly, I've been doing some sewing. I made some adjustments to the flight suit; the arms were a bit loose. I also redid the codpiece attachment on the flak vest, using hooks and loops on the front and a parachute buckle on the back.

Next on the list: decide if I'll be using underfoot elastic straps or fabric ankle pieces to keep those flight suit legs tight. As for the chest armor and tank, I'm in the painting phase.

Almost done, take 2

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, it's been a while. I finally finished my chest armor version 2. I scaled up the model by 113%, and voilà! With the smaller version, the chest was cracking each time I passed my head through the shoulder straps and was just too tight around the chest. I still need to add the top elastic band, but I feel the shoulder straps might need adjustments

AP1GczMr08-i2iAd_ORytthtrOA-qf_E58P0TF_x

AP1GczOU7kVnGdkqxTcoUV6zeblv5jZg5TKt-pH1

Just a couple more details to fix on the soft parts, like adjusting the vest arm length, and I'll be ready to suit up!

• Like 2