New CTPG Kashyyyk Trooper Armour

ChrisThePropGuy

• 3 weeks later...

Basecoat on the helmet, Accidentaly sprayed goji first but them covered with arabian.

Thoughts? Bit hard to tell without the camo to tie everything together I know.

y3vmYl3.jpg

I think that looks pretty great, Chris!  But I'll defer to our resident expert.  @Jakeputt?

The colors do look fantastic. I am concerned about your coin slot. The lvl 2 specifications do have an exact measurement for that detail. The size of your slot should be fine for basic approval.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The colors do look fantastic. I am concerned about your coin slot. The lvl 2 specifications do have an exact measurement for that detail. The size of your slot should be fine for basic approval.

I'd be happy to change it if someone can provide a good reference. As discussed on the Facebook group I'm going off the reference I found. The distance from the front and back of the slot seem to be about half the width of the slot from what I've found. I'd be interested to know how the original measurements came to be. I do have a feeling that it was just what looked right and then they took the measurement off it as everyone was using the same kit. I actually know the model so will ask him.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

The kit itself is now complete.

I still need to make the elbow straps and belt but Im gonna be doing them out of leather.

Also missing toe caps, need to build them to crowprop boot spec. And yes, back and tank are 1 part!

PCVPOMP.jpg

Also test fitted all my softs.

gHwABTL.jpg

• Like 3

Its looking pretty good so far Chris

• Like 1

Will/are the 3D files of the toe caps also fitted for the crowprops boots? I haven't started printing the armor yet, but i do plan on buying the crowprops boots.
Yes, I'll update the file set to include them.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SirHappyBear said:

Will/are the 3D files of the toe caps also fitted for the crowprops boots? I haven't started printing the armor yet, but i do plan on buying the crowprops boots.

Here are the files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nv2uJVTC3oZ6alMAWBKGgcU5JvpBOa2N/view?usp=drive_link

Free for any Pathfinders guys to use.

19 hours ago, ChrisThePropGuy said:

Toes and Shin fit like a dream! Just have to figure out best way to attach it.

eZZpH2h.jpg

KljUN8n.jpg

How easy would it be to put on the boots while wearing the shin armor? I plan on getting boots from crowprops too but i'm afraid i'll have to scale the shin armor up so much that it'll look weird and too big compared to the rest of the armor.

15 hours ago, SirHappyBear said:

How easy would it be to put on the boots while wearing the shin armor? I plan on getting boots from crowprops too but i'm afraid i'll have to scale the shin armor up so much that it'll look weird and too big compared to the rest of the armor.

I just slide the shin over my knee, put on the boot and slide it down, its very easy.

I worked out some basic templates for my cumberbund. Id like to do a tutorial at some point however I think these would be good for people who cant quite figure out the proportions to make their own. Ive studied the ref as best I can and tried to incorperate the best spacing and camo I could, It may not be 100% but its pretty close and will get you on the right path.

NQwx7no.jpg

byOPnVI.jpg

hYkGV0X.jpg

fMCts06.jpg

• Like 1

Ive also whipped up a draft for the CRL revision. It takes away some areas that have led people to confusion or making disproportionate modifications, sepcifically level 2 related stuff, while adding some more clarity and detail in other areas.

I havent added reccomended paint colours as of yet as I am finalising this however I would for sure like to see what you guys think so far!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G8ZBUXex1TokF9KgWEpyd5kJgRnhVngCgHqDXZHsbuI/edit?usp=sharing

On 1/28/2024 at 4:23 AM, ChrisThePropGuy said:

Ive also whipped up a draft for the CRL revision. It takes away some areas that have led people to confusion or making disproportionate modifications, sepcifically level 2 related stuff, while adding some more clarity and detail in other areas.

I havent added reccomended paint colours as of yet as I am finalising this however I would for sure like to see what you guys think so far!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G8ZBUXex1TokF9KgWEpyd5kJgRnhVngCgHqDXZHsbuI/edit?usp=sharing

Some of those suggestions I like.  Some I don't.  But we can talk more about it as your build goes on.  

Some of those suggestions I like.  Some I don't.  But we can talk more about it as your build goes on.  
Like I said it's just a draft. I for one hate verbose crls but I do like clarity so gmls don't argue with you. I'd be keen to hear what you don't like though so we can make sure I'm not having to back track or change details later on on my build.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChrisThePropGuy said:

Dyed and ready for riding patch. Excited to get all the sewing finished so I can go back to hard parts.

H91FmBD.jpg

mJxLECk.jpg

Do you have any tips on how you dyed your shirt and pants? I haven't done that part yet because i'm afraid i'll mess it up 😛

Do you have any tips on how you dyed your shirt and pants? I haven't done that part yet because i'm afraid i'll mess it up
Similar to @Thrasher but dyed it for about 20 mins rather than multiple baths. 7l water, 250ml salt and 1/3 cup of dye.

• Like 1