Recessed helmet vents on Black Series

crema

Hi!
So I finally decided to start on building the JFO version and was wondering about the recessed vents on the JFO version helmet.
The screenshots and official images show the subtle inset on vents, and I have the in-game textures and normal maps that definitely show the all vents being recessed.

The Black Series helmet has them recessed, and was wondering if using it and altering would make it quite accurate and approvable despite it being ruled out from being approvable. 
I know it would be a hard work but considering expensive price of resin printing, or excruciating pain of sanding the print lines from FDM print, I think swapping just the visor and filling in the gaps wouldn't be the most difficult out of all the options out there. I could resort to just having the ROTJ helmet but... recessed vent vs flush decal is too big of a difference to me personally😅
I'm sure it won't be as hard as modding Black Series TK helmet into RTK one like this build thread here
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48054-11b30b4-tutorial-rotk-black-series-helmet-mod/

Hey Jamie, I take it you've already read through this thread?

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/topic/24086-black-series-helmet-not-approvable/

The issue with approving the black series helmet goes beyond just the vents, the single biggest issue is really the lack of a return edge on the visor shroud -- something that's going to be nigh-impossible to mod.

And as per the JFO CRL: "Helmet is true to the shape of original ROTJ Scout helmet" and "A return edge is present on the visor"

Yeah I’ve seen the thread. I’ve heard that the inner part of the visor shroud is a part of opening mechanism, which makes it very hard to remove it, but knowing that it is removable makes me think it can be cut up and filled to resemble the return edge. 
It definitely would be a hard work for a tiny bit of extra detail but I thought it might be a good challenge for me. As long as I get one for good price….

I will get a vac formed kit true to ROTJ details for weight reasons though, so if it turns out truly impossible to mod, I will just resort to the smooth vac formed version!