So how does one go to the toilet...

L0CKSTER

The Red Kap zipper should be dual ended, so for "number 1" you can move the cod over and use the bottom end of the front-side zipper.

For "number 2" you'll need to take some of your armor and soft goods off.

• Like 1

Ohh my bad, I hadn’t realised it had a second zip towards the bottom. That’s awesome. As for ‘#2’s, I wonder if anyone has done some light modding that makes it possible to go without actually taking much off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per the CRL, a one or two-piece suit is allowed at both Level 1 and 2.

"The undersuit is a one or two-piece black textile suit"

• Like 1

I think I had to hit the head once and I could do it with my 2-way zipper. Scared some kid as I was walking out of the bathroom. It was great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly just kit down and take a break.

I do realise some people do have weak bladders etc, but in all seriousness, going to/from the toilet in kit actually makes me cringe. Unhygienic, and not a good look.

• Like 1

I had a closer look at my Red Kap coverall zip over the weekend and sadly it only has the one zipper on the front, no second zipper to be seen. So I was thinking that I might just add a whole extra zipper or press stud button section just below where the existing zipper teeth finish. I'd love to know your thoughts on this and if it's a good idea or not, or if there's even a different approach I haven't thought of...

For reference if it helps, this is the coverall I bought: https://www.redkap.com/mens-coverall/SCT10CT.html?dwvar_SCT10CT_color=charcoal&cgid=men-coveralls-overalls

Edited by L0CKSTER
Added link

13 hours ago, L0CKSTER said:

I had a closer look at my Red Kap coverall zip over the weekend and sadly it only has the one zipper on the front, no second zipper to be seen. So I was thinking that I might just add a whole extra zipper or press stud button section just below where the existing zipper teeth finish. I'd love to know your thoughts on this and if it's a good idea or not, or if there's even a different approach I haven't thought of...

For reference if it helps, this is the coverall I bought: https://www.redkap.com/mens-coverall/SCT10CT.html?dwvar_SCT10CT_color=charcoal&cgid=men-coveralls-overalls

You may be able to just have a new zipper installed. Go see a tailor and see what they say. It should be pretty straight forward.

• Like 1

Hi Lachy,

Many here in Victoria have the two piece for the comfort of the bathroom break. 

Though I cannot stress enough, I've seen too many troopers  having issues with Kidney stones. This is from not drinking enough water so they have no need to visit the bathroom. Kidney stones are very painful. Also holding on is also another issue in its self this can cause bacteria to build up. So best to make sure you have plenty water and take the time to have a bathroom break.  Your health is important, not to be taken for granted.

A tip going to the bathroom, you can take a number of parts off so your comfortable to walk into the bathroom, depending if you have troopers with you, holding belts and helmets are a must and you do get quite experienced with the cumberbun  to make it safe and hygienic.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply @M.J ! And fellow Aussie

Yeah I definitely do not want kidney stones, never had them before and certainly don’t wish to get them anytime ever haha. Yeah I’m sure I’ll be troubleshooting my methods as I troop. To be able to do it independently will be the goal, but having friends hold armour is an option and probably what I’ll have to do until I’ve got it down pat by myself. Like learning to go potty all over again

It is rear needing someone to hold stuff, I've got it down pat, 14 years as a scout can do it.

When its a car park change, many are, easy to leave stuff in car. Con's are the same just either in the car and if your lucky nova gives you a change area.

It took me a bed, chair and mirror to dress myself all those years ago, now I can do it blind folded. Have fun, one day I may make my way up to WA again

• Like 1

Wow 14 years, impressive! You’d hope you’d have it down to the T after that many troops! Car costume gear ups and downs would definitely be a bit easier and I suppose a bit calmer (away from the bustle of the crowds and other people changing and fixing costumes)

This is truly a worry of mine while out trooping. Some guys only troop in their costume for a couple hours which would be tolerable and unlikely for bathroom incidents. I'm in the process of building my Scout Trooper and my flight suit is a one-piece, but I also have a ROTJ Boba Fett costume. I only experienced one time in my 3years of cosplaying where #1 hit me pretty hard. It was at a venue where the only public restroom was at grocery store next door and you had to ask for a key! But it was an incredibly busy restroom. And NO way was my #1 gonna wait. Thank the lord it was at night and there was a park with heavy foliage across the street. Boba walked over there, took off his Cod/Kidney Armor and thankfully his one-piece flight suit was constructed with a double ended zipper, and he conducted his business there uninterrupted - thankfully. Now if that was #2 a knocking....I don't know what I woulda done.....it, it woulda been bad! (And I'm not sure that story woulda ever been told - Hahaha!)

There is a pretty good and entertaining story by George Brett who was a 3rd baseman MLB Hall of Famer for the Kansas City Royals on YouTube (Titled: The George Brett Story). The video is only 3 mins, but was so great! So.....it even happens to The Greats!

I just pray, that this doesn't EVER happen to me. I'm pretty good with gauging my consumption of liquids (with the exception of the above incident) - I once went 6 hours in my Fett costume without incident and believed myself to be adequately hydrated - the drinking to sweating it out ratio. My management was drinking 8oz of H2O w/electrolytes every hour.

I understand that this is a REAL concern for some, but with proper precautions and preparation there shouldn't be any fear. Like @Darth Voorhees stated, just handle the business before suiting up.
😉

-Iron

• Like 2

@irongladiator oh my god that’s a horrible experience! I would’ve cracked up if I just saw boba fett taking a leak at a local park at night. Gotta do what you gotta do. I’ve just been to Europe and I usually lasted a whole day only going to the bathroom in the morning and then later on in the evening, never felt like I was busting at any time, and we were having drinks and food out and about too so I’m pretty confident that as long as I go in the morning or just before a troop then I’ll be fine for a wee while (pun intended). But I’ll obviously go if I need to. I’ll check out that video too!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad this topic was broached.  I'm surprised I hadn't thought of the potential difficulties.  And love the stories. 🤣

I've been a motorcyclist for 25+ years, ride ATGATT year 'round, which can make potty breaks complicated.  For long distance trips in my younger days, I used a Stadium Pal, but omitted the collection bag and ran a tube out my pant leg.  Maybe that could be an option for some long duration troops?  But also, warm bag of pee strapped to your leg...  Not sure if that's covered in the CRL.

(https://www.stadiumpal.com/

• Like 1

Hahah it does look pretty discrete but I’m not sure I’d be very comfortable lugging around a bag of my own wee under my suit definitely a different approach and it would probably be pretty handy if troop was a long one and there was a severe lack of restrooms haha but maybe not for me, I might stick to the kit down

For the sorts of events that the legion typically does, I think that might be overkill.

• Like 2

Well there is a butt flap in the suit. Cut the back seam, add a hidden zipper under the flap. Make it long enough to spread the fabric so you can do number 2. Clean yourself off, zip back up and cover with the flap. 

• Like 1

Take off a boot and wiggle your business down your leg?

My plan is just short troops for my armored characters. Soft goods characters for the longer ones.

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

I don’t think I saw any ladies respond, so thought I’d chime in….

I thought I was really smart and cut my flight suit in half so that I could only dekit waist down to use the facilities.

Funny thing though is I’ve never needed to go while in kit bc I dehydrate so fast! But maybe if you’re not in a hot and humid place you would benefit from splitting the flight suit if you are burdened with sitting to pee