A Jawas armor build, WTF armor

Utinni534

Slow and easy wins the race! We're here for you so don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything. Our DL made a great reference vid and if you haven't seen it yet it's a good place to start.

• Like 3

It’s a great video. Like @Retrofiresays it’s not how fast you get there , it’s that you do get there.  

my journey is so far around 2 years and all being well will be over by autumn 

Trust me , the juice will be worth the squeeze 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear things are progressing. Be sure to reach out if you have any questions.

18 minutes ago, Aradun said:

Glad to hear things are progressing. Be sure to reach out if you have any questions.

I haven't even trimmed a single piece of armor yet, gotta find some lexan scissors first and that might be a tommorow problem

16 hours ago, Utinni534 said:

I haven't even trimmed a single piece of armor yet, gotta find some lexan scissors first and that might be a tommorow problem

If you can find a hobby store near you that does RC cars, etc..., they'll have some lexan scissors. Sometimes you can get them in a 2-pack: one pair straight, one pair curved. I find the curved scissors far more useful. And then, of course, there's Amazon if you can't get any locally.

Glad to hear your soft goods came in!

4 hours ago, Dart said:

If you can find a hobby store near you that does RC cars, etc..., they'll have some lexan scissors. Sometimes you can get them in a 2-pack: one pair straight, one pair curved. I find the curved scissors far more useful. And then, of course, there's Amazon if you can't get any locally.

Glad to hear your soft goods came in!

Yeah don't have much in the way of hobby stores in Peterborough, but I should have both a straight and curved pair from Amazon coming today

Okay, got around to carving out the first big piece, and threw the grey sticker in there cause I could, it's not perfect and I might sand down the edges a bit to make it smooth, but overall I don't think its too bad for my first time dealing with plastic, feels like I'm in grade school art class all over again20230728_211053.jpg?dl=020230728_211038.jpg?dl=020230728_211021.jpg?dl=020230728_211033.jpg?dl=0

Okay, at the point now where I'm stuck, I have absolutely no clue what to do with the holster pieces to get them right, I know the one piece I wont need to do much but trim to fit the boot, the part that goes on the outside I have 0 clue where to cut, and to add to my question, the t-bit details for the arm bands, are those supposed to be black or a dark grey, I'm a bit colourblind so it's a little confusing

Aaaaaaaand I completely messed up, I cut the back tank to be straight instead of rounded so it touches the bottom of the back armor, there probably goes more money to get a replacement cause I don't think this is gonna be very easily fixable

The t-bits are black.

Have you looked at the holster section of the scout build video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnipWxolqdU&t=2681s

Also you might want to look at the photos from Wide's build thread, here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/topic/23660-first-build-rotj-bikerscout/page/3/#comment-227112

Check the post from 23 July 2023.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The t-bits are black.

Have you looked at the holster section of the scout build video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnipWxolqdU&t=2681s

Also you might want to look at the photos from Wide's build thread, here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/topic/23660-first-build-rotj-bikerscout/page/3/#comment-227112

Check the post from 23 July 2023.

Yeah I looked at it, but with the Walt kit the outer part of the holster comes in a piece of plastic the same size as the inner holster, so it's just difficult gauging where to trim, those t-bit just looked grey when looking on the CRL page, but once I clicked on the picture it came black

20 minutes ago, Utinni534 said:

Aaaaaaaand I completely messed up, I cut the back tank to be straight instead of rounded so it touches the bottom of the back armor, there probably goes more money to get a replacement cause I don't think this is gonna be very easily fixable

Do you have a photo?

That there tank seems to need a bit of trimming to the contour of the back armor. Take a look at the build video for that section.

Note the cutout on the bottom and thee notches to fit around the raised area at the lower part of the armor. I believe that the tank can be recovered.

14 minutes ago, Retrofire said:

That there tank seems to need a bit of trimming to the contour of the back armor. Take a look at the build video for that section.

Note the cutout on the bottom and thee notches to fit around the raised area at the lower part of the armor. I believe that the tank can be recovered.

The only thing I'm worried about is I already took too much off of it, like it won't look right if I keep trimming

Understand but let's start with that first rather than "chucking" it and buying a new one.😉 @Aradun @Chopper can you help me help this trooper fix the tank? I think there's still enough "meat" to work with there. Thoughts?

Can you post a side view pic of the entire tank sitting on the back?  That will help the armorers determine how best to proceed with any additional trimming.  

• Like 1

Drew myself out some rough lines where I think cuts should be going, much rather do this kinda stuff face to face but for now it'll do, let me know if I need to change anything before i start with the scissors20230806_140935.jpg?dl=020230806_140930.jpg?dl=020230806_140926.jpg?dl=020230806_140919.jpg?dl=0

This is starting to look good but I'd like to get my fellow Armourer's input before I can confirm. Good research work!

Fitting the tank is the most challenging part aside from the helmet. I would not recommend starting your cuts along your pencil lines. Trim small bits off at a time checking the fit against the back armor each time, and slowly work you way up to the pencil line. Remember, it’s easy to trim the piece, little by little, but if you cut too much off at once, you can’t add it back.

As you get closer to where it should be, post some picks and the armorers can help you dial it in. @Chopper can tell you if there’s any issue with your current lines. He’s got an eagle eye for that stuff. Wait for him to check in before taking the scissors to it.

• Like 1

Your lines are in the ballpark. The trickiest part when cutting the tank is making it so that the cuts fit against the "bump" at the base of the back armor.

What I would start with, is a cut like this. Then, once you're able to better seat the tank on the back armor, mark and trim out the "cuts" that allow the tank to fit over the "bump" at the base of the back armor.

Tank.JPG

• Like 2