Jay's (JFO Scout) WIP

JaybeScoutin

Starting this thread here so I remember where to post in the future. This will be a long term project for me, as Ive never attempted a trooper costume before, (I've only done soft parts costumes like my Gunner and Officer, so this is quite the upgrade 😆) 

Ive wanted to do this build for ages. 

Ive heard good things about Chefs Creations?, for scout helmets and armor so I was going to have a looksie. But if anyone has any other recommendations for helmets and armor please let me know

I'm hoping most of the soft parts I can sew together myself, and I have a friend across the pond in the Star Garrison who has offered to print me the JFO accessories made by @MrPoopie

I do have this 3d printed pew pew, I got as a birthday present recently, so good oppoirtunity for me to practice sanding and painting 3d prints.

387141788_pewpew.thumb.jpg.f9aa3a76cf083a4d316afcf56bc63d49.jpg

and of course I now have my obligatory scout figure, for motivation, wish me luck ;)

toy.thumb.jpg.8e93e99629431a5ad0a74a81140518ea.jpg

• Like 1

Here are some links for making your own soft parts:

Cummerbund (note: you’ll need about 20 ribs instead of the 5 found on the ROTJ bund)

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/22433-cummerbund-tutorial-sort-of/

Boots

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/19708-biker-scout-boots-tutorial/

The flight suit only needs minor mods (remove visible pockets, logos, etc.) so whatever’s available locally for you should do. If the Kolossus suit is available to you, I’d recommend that over a RedKap suit for this build. It’s a more comfortable suit. RedKap tend to run small. I would also recommend tapering the legs on the suit, though not required by the CRL. It will give you a sharper look than the bagginess around your boot top and knees will.

Any other questions feel free to hit us up! We’re happy to help!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Aradun said:

Here are some links for making your own soft parts:

Cummerbund (note: you’ll need about 20 ribs instead of the 5 found on the ROTJ bund)

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/22433-cummerbund-tutorial-sort-of/

Boots

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/19708-biker-scout-boots-tutorial/

The flight suit only needs minor mods (remove visible pockets, logos, etc.) so whatever’s available locally for you should do. If the Kolossus suit is available to you, I’d recommend that over a RedKap suit for this build. It’s a more comfortable suit. RedKap tend to run small. I would also recommend tapering the legs on the suit, though not required by the CRL. It will give you a sharper look than the bagginess around your boot top and knees will.

Any other questions feel free to hit us up! We’re happy to help!

Thanks for the links @Aradun hopefully I can make a start on this build early next year, I'll probably order the helmet and armor first, as they'll likely be the biggest investment. Then I can work on the soft parts whilst I wait for them to get made up for me. I found the Chefs website today, the quality of their scout gear looks really good, and they offer to assamble it etc. which would save me a lot of time, to work on the soft parts etc. :) 

Sounds like a solid plan! Can’t wait to see it come together!

• Like 1

Hope everyone has been having a great Christmas/Happy Holidays! 
Please let me know btw, if these images havn't appeared, I've been having problems uploading images to the forum for some reason. 

Just wanted to post a small update, that I may have used my Christmas money, to order myself a pair of boots and gloves from crowprops!!,   
Having had my officer boots and couple other accessories from them  in the past, I've always loved the quality and comfort, so when I realised they did Scout boots and gloves, well I just couldnt resist. LOL 

617e19bf433fcb47a09165d192534b6b.jpg

I also managed to snatch this red silicon tubing up on Amazon today, its 7mm (outer diamter) so hopefully it should be a good thickness. I went ahead and got a couple meters, so I have a little spare in case of mistakes when assembling. Ill probably grab the black webbing for the harness on amazon in the near future as well. 

e4bd16a1b7a9515802912c07c10e0810.jpg

Hopefully in January I'll next place an order for my Helmet and Armor, (may order them seperately to spread the cost over a couple months but will have to see) I guess I'm officially started on this build now folks!!!  

• Like 1

Nice!

As for the image issue. The forum is very limited in its image hosting capabilities for cost effectiveness. You’ll need to use an external hosting service like Imgur and insert the images into your posts. See the following thread for details on how:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/23053-faq-how-do-i-post-images/

Personally, I use the Tapatalk app on my phone when posting pics, as it allows me to upload the images directly from my phone and insert them into my post. The free version should be fine. Just another option.

• Like 1