Valafar's 3D-Printed Shoretrooper build [FINISHED]

Valafar

Got the costume approved today without any changes necessary

Awesome! Congratulations Trooper!
  • Thanks 1

Just read through your WIP, as I'm beginning my journey.  I will be using Mr. Paul's files as well, and had a question.  I know you had to size up the arms, what about the abdominal torso pieces?  I'm 6'3" 220lbs.  So, I'm worried about the torso/arms.  I'm already sure I'll have to size up the shins, because my calves are big.

Tom

Just read through your WIP, as I'm beginning my journey.  I will be using Mr. Paul's files as well, and had a question.  I know you had to size up the arms, what about the abdominal torso pieces?  I'm 6'3" 220lbs.  So, I'm worried about the torso/arms.  I'm already sure I'll have to size up the shins, because my calves are big.

Tom

Tom, if you’re 3D printing, invest in Armorsmith. It allows to to create an avatar using your body measurements and then you can import and scale the STL files, exporting them at the proper size for printing. Takes the guess work out of it and will save to lots of time in case you guess wrong and the print is too small or too big.

https://www.thearmoredgarage.com
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, megtooth sith said:

Tom

Basically what @Aradun said.

Scaling is lots of trial and error, even with armorsmith. always print test rings for the arms to see how big they are.

But make sure to test with the undershirt on already because that makes the arm a bit bigger.

I didn't change anything on the torso as it's quite spacey(?)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Valafar said:

Basically what @Aradun said.

Scaling is lots of trial and error, even with armorsmith. always print test rings for the arms to see how big they are.

But make sure to test with the undershirt on already because that makes the arm a bit bigger.

I didn't change anything on the torso as it's quite spacey(?)

Of course congratulations Valafar as well on your recent approval!  

• 2 weeks later...

On my first troop 2 weeks ago I noticed that the thumb holes in my sleeves pull really hard into my hand and it starts to hurt after a while. Especially when I'm wearing the gloves on top.

Did anyone else experience these kinds of problems or does anyone have an idea to make it more comfortable?

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue. It's not super bad, but noticeable. This might be one of those things I'll accept in terms of discomfort. If I feel it isn't feasible for longer troops, I would probably cut the hole at the front and sew some extra fabric on it to essentially widen the hole to reduce the stretching. Since it's converted with your gloves nobody would see thst anyway. 

• Thanks 1