Where to buy the harness, battery pack, and control box?

Vixon

Hi,

I am looking to buy the whole harness that includes the Battery Pack and the Control box.

Where would I find these?

I don't know how to make them or even where to look on how to make them.

Thank you

6 hours ago, Vixon said:

Hi,

I am looking to buy the whole harness that includes the Battery Pack and the Control box.

Where would I find these?

I don't know how to make them or even where to look on how to make them.

Thank you

@MrPoopie -- any pointers for our friend?

As the JFO Scout CRL is only about 2 years old, and there are less than 2 doz members currently in the Legion with an approved JFO Scout (I was #9 back in April of this year), you're not going to find a vendor who makes the harness, battery pack, etc.  Most of us made the harness from scratch ourselves based off of screen shots and following the work of those who built before us.  That being said, @MrPoopie is the designer who created the 3D files for this build.  His riot baton, battery pack, and control box are what all JFO Scouts currently use.

I would recommend looking through some of the build threads here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/forum/199-scout-trooperjfo-wip/

There's only six builds but it'll give you a sense of what materials are needed and how to proceed.  Of course, if you have any specific questions, the armory team is happy to assist.

7 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

@MrPoopie -- any pointers for our friend?

Exactly what @Aradun said. We built these from scratch and as of right now there aren't any vendors right now. That being said it's actually a fairly easy thing to put together because it's almost all just webbing material with a little bit of padding. Think of it like suspenders with a belt. If you don't sew you may want to talk with someone and show them the screenshots as it's pretty easy but can seem difficult if you don't sew. I would build your armor and battery pack first so that you know what the sizing will need for all the strapping. This will also give you more time to possibly find a seamstress to help you out.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 3:42 AM, Aradun said:

As the JFO Scout CRL is only about 2 years old, and there are less than 2 doz members currently in the Legion with an approved JFO Scout (I was #9 back in April of this year), you're not going to find a vendor who makes the harness, battery pack, etc.  Most of us made the harness from scratch ourselves based off of screen shots and following the work of those who built before us.  That being said, @MrPoopie is the designer who created the 3D files for this build.  His riot baton, battery pack, and control box are what all JFO Scouts currently use.

I would recommend looking through some of the build threads here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/forum/199-scout-trooperjfo-wip/

There's only six builds but it'll give you a sense of what materials are needed and how to proceed.  Of course, if you have any specific questions, the armory team is happy to assist.

Thank you @Aradun and @MrPoopie

I will be printing those ones myself. 

Did anyone make a tutorial on the harness? 

I am not very smart when it comes to making things. Just made a new cummerbund for my old scout and ruined the padding inside when I washed it. 

I need all the help I can get!

5 hours ago, Vixon said:

Thank you @Aradun and @MrPoopie

I will be printing those ones myself. 

Did anyone make a tutorial on the harness? 

I am not very smart when it comes to making things. Just made a new cummerbund for my old scout and ruined the padding inside when I washed it. 

I need all the help I can get!

@Aradun has  pretty good build of his harness that should help you out.

There's also a bit on my build thread from @The Wayner who initially built my harness and before I took over the CRL project.

Between those 2 threads you should have a fair amount of useful information.

If you need any pointers or have questions, just let us know. We’re happy to help.

• Like 1