Kashyyyk Galactic Armory 3d Files

Hey! I was hoping just to get a few things cleared up. so from what I can gather the Galactic Armory 3d files aren't movie accurate and are instead an interpretation. this interpretation also isn't going to be approved for use because they aren't different enough from the original armor. I just wanted to make sure this is all correct, because while I could seemingly easily fix the helmet the armor seems like a lost cause that if it isn't going to be allowed to be printed I will probably give up on this cosplay for the time being. 

8 hours ago, BigBasile said:

Hey! I was hoping just to get a few things cleared up. so from what I can gather the Galactic Armory 3d files aren't movie accurate and are instead an interpretation. this interpretation also isn't going to be approved for use because they aren't different enough from the original armor. I just wanted to make sure this is all correct, because while I could seemingly easily fix the helmet the armor seems like a lost cause that if it isn't going to be allowed to be printed I will probably give up on this cosplay for the time being. 

I believe the big issue is with the biceps?   @Jakeputt would have more answers.  

Don't give up. There are work around. If your pretty decent at fixing 3D files you can smooth out the areas that need to be smoothed and it should work. Some of the problem spots are like 007 pointed out the biceps. The two biceps are different, I believe he fixed that issue and now offers the biceps with the correct detail. The biggest issue I have seen with his files is how the legs have the straps built onto the file where it should be smooth there and you need a greeblie for the inside and the outside of the leg armor. The foot armor shape also looks somewhat off to me as well.

If you can adjust the models to the galactic armory file I can talk you through the changes. 

Alright, thanks for the help. I did download the files a while ago so I'll probably have to grab the updated files but that isn't as big of an issues to me. It really should be that hard to smooth out the files as they are pretty simple shapes by themselves, although deleting the trapezoids in the back of the helmet will he a pain as I already printed and primed it. But again nothing impossible.

Right away I can tell you that you will want to smooth out the bumps for the wraps around your leg armor. That should be smooth and then you will want to get and actual cotton webbing to wrap around the armor. The adjustments aren't to hard there's just small things here and there. The biggest concern that makes just going the galactic armory route is finding all the extra stuff like the silicone belt that goes at the bottom of the cummerbund and the silicone pieces for the bicep piece and some of the strapping. Although the strapping can be mimicked with craft foam. 

• 8 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 12:20 AM, BigBasile said:

I believe the Galactic Armory files are based off of the Battlefront 2 Kashyyyk scouts. They are slightly different from movie versions in the same way the GA armor is afaik

• 5 months later...

The galactic armory files have been updated to ROTS standards

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk