ROTJ Scout Trooper 2022 CRL Update - the Open Collar!

BikerScout007

On 8/1/2022 at 4:32 PM, AradunFF said:

Hey Tim!  Long time since we trooped together!  Mickey provided you with a link to Amazon for his suit.  Here's a link to the one I got from Amazon.  No zippers in the chest for mine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VL5LXHH/?coliid=I2GV2SMU67BWEN&colid=17ZNF8WW4QACN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I did a comparison between the Kolossus and RedKap suits which can be found here if your interested:

If you need any help with get the Lancer app together, let me know.  I'm happy to get together to assist.

Thank you! Yea…we need another Battleship Troop again, that was fun. I read your review and went Kolossus. I do like the zipper pockets to be able to store my wallet / phone during troops vs having to throw them in my pouches. I will be sure to ask you more questions as I progress. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtyJerzTrooper said:

Thank you! Yea…we need another Battleship Troop again, that was fun. I read your review and went Kolossus. I do like the zipper pockets to be able to store my wallet / phone during troops vs having to throw them in my pouches. I will be sure to ask you more questions as I progress. 

Dennis' suit would definitely be easier to deal with.  I don't think it was in stock when I ordered mine.  Mine has a hammer loop and some other pockets.  Anything visible would need to be removed, though the chest pockets aren't so you don't need to worry about those.  And yes, I like having more places to store stuff.

Brilliant video Mickey ….time to start your own YouTube channel . 
again, the open collar is something we wanted with the Rs props suit a few years ago, but went with the mandarin because it was what everyone wanted at the time . Unlike the T bit modification, which is already in place , with screen accurate moulds, the open collar will take time as it requires a re design of the undersuit . But as it’s now in the CRL it’s only a matter of time. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CatfoodRob said:

Brilliant video Mickey ….time to start your own YouTube channel . 
again, the open collar is something we wanted with the Rs props suit a few years ago, but went with the mandarin because it was what everyone wanted at the time . Unlike the T bit modification, which is already in place , with screen accurate moulds, the open collar will take time as it requires a re design of the undersuit . But as it’s now in the CRL it’s only a matter of time. 

Thanks!  And I've already got one.  Not much on there though: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1_iavMEvlUpR8bJ2PJO_EA

Yeah we understand it will be a process and the undersuit makers will need some time.  Which is why we will leave the Mandarin as an option in the CRL for the time being. 

Thanks for all the support!

Hey Pathfinders! Since the question has been raised a few times, I just wanted to mention that we are currently allowing either the mandarin flap or folded collar types for Level 2/Lancer.

• Like 2

The change is the talk of the town, but I find I have to correct almost everyone who talks about it. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to correct people who are complaining that they have to change their collar, or ask if there’s going to be a six month grace period. That’s when you find out that they haven’t looked at the CRL or watched the video. I’ve become the open collar emissary. Lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Hi all

OMG, finally.

When I got my TB approved years back, I fought tooth and nail telling my GML that the scout had some sort of neck seal and that I did not find any proof of the mandarin collar in the movie, even in photos.

Thanks for the great work, its always nice to see people paying attention and setting it straight. It shows the community is alive and well, and not just saying this is how we always did it, so this is how it will stay.

thanks

TB-1235

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2022 at 9:22 AM, BikerScout007 said:

That's an Under Armour balaclava and you are totally right -- it was a big step up from my $5 army surplus store one!

I just upgraded to a UA heat gear balaclava this weekend, wow what a difference.

• Like 4