ROTJ Scout Trooper 2022 CRL Update - the Open Collar!

BikerScout007

Okay folks, this is the big one!  There is far too much involved here for just a write up, so I made this handy video to explain the new change in the CRL concerning the collar of the flight suit:

EDIT:  For those interested, this is the dickie I bought on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNFZ3Z6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Oh man! I know @Whiskey will be super happy to hear this. Maybe we can talk him into providing some better photos of his vintage Avirex suit.

Tangential, but what balaclava are you using in that video? That looks far more comfortable than my $5 Amazon P.O.S. one.

Great to see you in the TB again!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Harbinger said:

Oh man! I know @Whiskey will be super happy to hear this. Maybe we can talk him into providing some better photos of his vintage Avirex suit.

Tangential, but what balaclava are you using in that video? That looks far more comfortable than my $5 Amazon P.O.S. one.

Great to see you in the TB again!

That's an Under Armour balaclava and you are totally right -- it was a big step up from my $5 army surplus store one!

Thanks -- I'm going to finally build my RS armor this year so I hope to be making some big strides with my Scout gear

• Like 3

Ordered my Dickie from Amazon today!  Super excited about this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BikerScout007 said:

Okay folks, this is the big one!  There is far too much involved here for just a write up, so I made this handy video to explain the new change in the CRL concerning the collar of the flight suit:

Thank @BikerScout007 and team for all works, and the easy explanation video.

Thanks too for speak slow, its more easy understand.

Regards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

I think I might sew some ribs on mine to make it look like the dreaded neck seal :D 

• Haha 2

Neck2.jpg?dl=0

NoChinCup!.jpg?dl=0ohhhh yes

This confirms the pics that @Chef sent me when I asked and also why he sends an extra bit to make it look like the mandarin collar as per the crl.

This will be sooo much better.  One of them you've put in the video Mickey..

This will be great for you guys in the heat eh

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

got a link? in there vain hope I can get oner sent over to blighty

or would this do

Collar

11 minutes ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

got a link? in there vain hope I can get oner sent over to blighty

or would this do

Collar

that one looks like it should be fine, you could probably sew ribs into it to make it look like a neck seal!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DirtyJerzTrooper said:

Awesome! Does anyone have a thread or URL for the Kolossus suit? I think this is just the push I need to refine my soft parts for Lancer approval. 

This is the suit I am wearing in the video

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQKDPVR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

So how about we look at those chin cups? You say you love accuracy Mikey, so let's explore. Is there any on screen visual reference of one existing or actually the oppposite? Seems that the starwarshelmets.com reference is the only showing for this anomally

1 minute ago, Sithlord337 said:

So how about we look at those chin cups? You say you love accuracy Mikey, so let's explore. Is there any on screen visual reference of one existing or actually the oppposite? Seems that the starwarshelmets.com reference is the only showing for this anomally

Not only is the Chin cup only a Level 2 requirement, it's even optional for Level 2.  So if you don't want to wear one, you don't have to!  Even for Lancer.  

Not only is the Chin cup only a Level 2 requirement, it's even optional for Level 2.  So if you don't want to wear one, you don't have to!  Even for Lancer.  
Understood, but in the same way as the collar is currently an option, eventually disappearing I imagine, the chin cup is an odd one to keep in it seems. Believe me, I think it is actually kinda cool and a chin strap does help for sure, but the evidence seems to point towards them either ditching them for filming or that they were never there. Still excellent that pathfinders are always striving for the small details and improving the CRLs after all this time. Who knows, with a certain anniversary around the corner, maybe LFL might dig a suit or 2 from the archives

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

That’s great news!

on a side note: if you’re looking for super accuracy, you’ll need to use an Avirex 5390 flight suit  

I photoshopped the colors to contras the hidden thigh pockets under the suede and 2” strapping from the Star Wars costume book.

I almost missed it until I took a magnifier to it

jT07G9x.jpg

k1jhAEe.jpg

below is not the actual Avirex suit, but a 5390 for reference. 
mine is dyed black with the suede covering the thigh pocket’s 
lrTuvzq.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DirtyJerzTrooper said:

Awesome! Does anyone have a thread or URL for the Kolossus suit? I think this is just the push I need to refine my soft parts for Lancer approval. 

Hey Tim!  Long time since we trooped together!  Mickey provided you with a link to Amazon for his suit.  Here's a link to the one I got from Amazon.  No zippers in the chest for mine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VL5LXHH/?coliid=I2GV2SMU67BWEN&colid=17ZNF8WW4QACN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I did a comparison between the Kolossus and RedKap suits which can be found here if your interested:

If you need any help with get the Lancer app together, let me know.  I'm happy to get together to assist.

• Like 2

I have a couple of questions

I am grandfathered in under the old CRL with the @$%& Madeiran collar, I have lost a lot of weight since being approved in 2019. Been thinking of getting a new flight suit but really didn't want to deal with that collar or getting measured all over again. 

1) Can I change just the flight suit & get the other things and be good to go? Or Will I need to be re-approved with everything?

2) If I don't have to be re-approved, how do the suits in the links fit? I get they are tailored for men, but being a short, curvy woman I am trying to figure out size. Yes I know I can return them but I am also lazy and forget to return things. 

Thanks for the updated, I will make sure my fellow GML know about the changes too.

DJ
TB/ID 82919

19 minutes ago, DJMoore said:

1) Can I change just the flight suit & get the other things and be good to go? Or Will I need to be re-approved with everything?

I suspect that you'd only need to get your new flight suit cleared, rather than going through a full approval, but that will ultimately need to be a local discussion between yourself and the garrison GMLs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shashachu said:

Whew got worried the mandarin collar was going to be disallowed; glad to see that there are options.

You're safe....for now :D

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Thank you! 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:18 PM, BikerScout007 said:

You're safe....for now :D

I've seen a few questions on here and in my unit's Facebook group wondering how this affects Lancer. Open collar only? Grace period?

7 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

I've seen a few questions on here and in my unit's Facebook group wondering how this affects Lancer. Open collar only? Grace period?

There's an "OR" in the CRL for a reason and that's because for the time being we are allowing both.  

If there is any confusion, please send them this link and tell them to play it over and over again:

• Like 1