So it begins! Another Kashyyyk Scout Trooper is born

Just got this bad boy in the mail. Ordered from DarthJarJarPrints on Etsy.

Headed out to purchase all the glues, putty, primer, sandpaper and paints for it now! Trickiest bit is going to be finding a decent faceshield in the right color that you can't see into.

Looking forward to ordering the armor from Bikerchick, british desert camo online and all the soft parts from Crowprops. 

Updates to come.

20220722_165415.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Mikey!

Glad to see you are building a Pathfinders armor.  Make sure you read as many threads as you can in the Kashyyyk armory and I'll tag our Kashy team in this post so they can help

@Jakeputt @ferra

• Like 1

Just got this bad boy in the mail. Ordered from DarthJarJarPrints on Etsy.
Headed out to purchase all the glues, putty, primer, sandpaper and paints for it now! Trickiest bit is going to be finding a decent faceshield in the right color that you can't see into.
Looking forward to ordering the armor from Bikerchick, british desert camo online and all the soft parts from Crowprops. 

Updates to come.
20220722_165415.thumb.jpg.466be7ef86230b6a4c7270cddf3e3dcf.jpg
Hey there, welcome to pathfinders! We have quite a few kashyyyk Troopers on here. Let me know if you have any questions. It's great to have you. As for the visor, you want to go to kalevalavisors.com and purchase the emerald visor.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

May end up just going with the site you provided, but being impatient, I picked up 6 of these green paint trays at Walmart and figured I'd cut them down to the visor shape and stack them up till they were dark enough to not see my face. Unless you think it won't pass?

20220722_202737 (1).jpg

May end up just going with the site you provided, but being impatient, I picked up 6 of these green paint trays at Walmart and figured I'd cut them down to the visor shape and stack them up till they were dark enough to not see my face. Unless you think it won't pass?
176719260_20220722_202737(1).thumb.jpg.c9fbc53d3c9adb835ac2dcd5883d66ef.jpg
That's up to your GML. The largest benefit of the kalevala visor is the reflective nature. Most kashyyyk Troopers get their visor from that source.4aa06c97e075b0c11cf9e49d1d3dc319.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:50 PM, Jakeputt said:

That's up to your GML. The largest benefit of the kalevala visor is the reflective nature. Most kashyyyk Troopers get their visor from that source.4aa06c97e075b0c11cf9e49d1d3dc319.jpg

Just got done with the paint tray visor after 2 hours, honestly not that bad, ended up needing about 6 layers of trays held together by super glue on the edges, can't see into it from the outside when worn, but can see out just fine. More than likely going to just wait until the source you sent me opens shop back up though, just in case this would be denied.

And no worries it's held in by tape right now, the visor going in would be one of the last steps before all the sanding/painting. Lol

20220722_230344.jpg

• 2 weeks later...