1b0603ab7dc1253027b10a36a45aaca8.jpg
3e2effc6c56259454a4a7e698040ecea.jpg
Different background to check for weathering contrast
212ca58e56e25a1fc20d17656dfe8b80.jpg
5a0293009baadb4b37a86e20c827fb53.jpg

dca4285c20c3a5bdb3e90d2aa5fd2c2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks fantastic Eri.  Great job on the weathering and fit of the kit! 

Looks great

Thanks Chopper. I hope smooth sailing once the boots gets here

Looks fantastic Eri.  Great job on the weathering and fit of the kit! 

My first DIY armor, I m glad the weathering turns out well. I have never weathered anything bigger than a model kit.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2022 at 10:56 AM, SharkForge said:

This build has been awesome to read through! Really awesome weathering job. How are the crowprops boots? They nice and solid?

Well…it’s my first with Crowprops. I m not sure what to say. My right foot fit good and the left foot doesn’t fit well. So if you gonna go with them, add a few more CMs to your measurements. Also don’t bother with your shoe size cos they ll not use it. 

I ll try to tolerate it, but if i m going to deploy and fight, I m going to IB and get a size bigger. Insoles are always available. 

i m going to weather my boots and hopefully ready for submission. 

If you can get your hands on a stretcher, you might be able to loosen up that one boot so it’s more comfortable.

7 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

If you can get your hands on a stretcher, you might be able to loosen up that one boot so it’s more comfortable.

I already send it to cobbler, left it there for 4 days for stretching. Resorting to socks and hair dryer now. Nevertheless, I m still getting a stretcher 

Another option if you can. Fill a bath or bucket with hot water.   Put the boots on then stand in it.  

It works wonders.  Used to do it with my cadet boots when I was younger 

2 hours ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

Another option if you can. Fill a bath or bucket with hot water.   Put the boots on then stand in it.  

It works wonders.  Used to do it with my cadet boots when I was younger 

This may be a decent solution to loosen up factory made boots, but I would not recommend this for scout boots that are already crafted.  If you just had the Crowprops base boot, then maybe, but as this is a fully constructed boot, this method may loosen, soften, or weaken the glue used in the construction of the boot and to bond the leather covering to the toe cap.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

This may be a decent solution to loosen up factory made boots, but I would not recommend this for scout boots that are already crafted.  If you just had the Crowprops base boot, then maybe, but as this is a fully constructed boot, this method may loosen, soften, or weaken the glue used in the construction of the boot and to bond the leather covering to the toe cap.  

ahhh in that case do what the wise master said

Anybody can share advice on IB sizing? I m considering the US size 11 boots. My normal shoes sizes range from US10 to 10.5 

varies from adidas, DC and 5.11 tactical 

If you know your EU shoe sizing, I've found that to be the most accurate for Imperial Boots fit.

I am still trying to stretch the boots. Wore multiple layers of thick socks and run the hair dryer over it. Stretch marks starting to show
2d0242d57eea4aac7d54744f9a6806d1.jpg

If you know your EU shoe sizing, I've found that to be the most accurate for Imperial Boots fit.

I found out chefcreations offers scout boots too. Contacted them for more detail. There’s a small progress on my current pair. Will mount the holster and weather them tomorrow.

5 hours ago, FogOut said:

I have been approved!!!!

Thank you all for the inputs.
f775d35cf8a19b57b93c6938e73da33c.jpg

Well done, Eri!

Congratulations and welcome to the Pathfinders Detachment!   As a new member of the Pathfinders, a whole new forum will open up for you.  Please follow this link to our welcome center:

• Like 1

Congrats! Excellent work on your build. I enjoyed watching your progress and you did great work weathering. Well done!

• Like 1

Well done, Eri!

Congratulations and welcome to the Pathfinders Detachment!   As a new member of the Pathfinders, a whole new forum will open up for you.  Please follow this link to our welcome center:

Will read thru the links. Finding a proper photo for the trading card.

• FogOut changed the title to FogOut Remnant Scout Build. (Approved)