Time for boots!

Since I'm in the planning stage of my KST build, I am looking at as many options as possible. I've created a budget with estimated costs and am now trying my best to cut down as much as possible. With this, I am now looking around for alternatives to the CrowProps boots. They look great, but I need to keep costs down so it doesn't really feel worth it if I can just get a different pair and do some simple modding. With that, what do we think of these boots? Don't look too difficult for a dremel mod, and I can easily wrap fabric around for the lighter color. 

rothco-v-max-taktisk-letvaegts-stoevle_5364131.jpg

Check amazon and LApolicegear. There are other vendors also. I just named them because they were the first to come to mind. You can find some boots that you can make work for less than $100 or even less.
I bought s pair from LApolicegea.com but they around $105 after shipping and taxes.

Im currently on working on modifying a pair of Old "Danner" desert tan boots i had.

I have my own opinions about crowprop stuff but ill keep that to myself.8e4962c1c844d851b5ab624b55fcbad9.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Alright, cool. I check LAPolicegear and found a few models that seem fine. Nice arcs, seemingly good colors(?). Sadly, the second one has an inside zip. Could I cover that with a fabric strip or something? The colors on that one seem more accurate to me. But on the first, does that look good? Are the colors off? Do I need to wrap it? I'd obviously have to cover the logo somehow.

salomon-mens-coyote-guardian-ar-670-1-tactical-boot-l40035800-l40035800__01412.1631540104.jpg

5.11-tactical-mens-speed-3.0-side-zip-coyote-boot-12337-12337__61490.1601555079.jpg

The colors look good. You could experiment with a little bleach and eater to lighten them even more.

Also look for a mid height. It will reduce the amount of bulk in the calf armor.

Look for models with a more prominent arch.

Sorry for so many responses.
Here is the pair i got from lapolicegear.com.
Im going to use them for my Galactic Marine costume.

I forgot to mention. I cut off half of the uppers from the Danner boots so the calf armor doesn't have to be so bulky around the lower calf and ankle area.

With a little adjusting with the boot and the pants on you should be able to make the calf armor so it looks tapered like the screen shots. But there is only so much you can do given the KST and GM are CGI drawings.b058f8e0bae96b5359499d0f0d15d14c.jpg7b3959699b88e68dd500d81c4e69778d.jpg32ac6480b230be5de2ddf5baba8d541a.jpg

I really appreciate all the tips! When I mentioned the logo, I meant the large SALOMON one in the fabric. The other I can of course sand down. I'll definitely have a look around to find the best fit (and deal ;) ) possible. Thank you very much.

Will update this thread if I have more questions later, which doesn't feel too unlikely, heh.

• Like 1