TreeHuggerMatt Scout Trooper ( ROTJ ) WIP

TreeHuggerMatt

The blaster is looking good. A little bit too shiny for my liking but this would be a quick fix… still trying to figure out where to put my magnet… I think I‘ll trim a small hole in the trigger guard and put the magnets inside and the use some putty and black paint to hide it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Yeah does a bit. It’s the lighting in the room when I took the pic I think as it’s a bit duller in person. 

ideally I’d have had it inside the disc on the lhs grip but this will do 

• Like 1

For my original blaster I shaved off the disk and replaced it with a similar sized magnet 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was just reading it earlier. It’s really cool.  

what I was thinking was drilling a small disc hole in the left grip , embedding another button magnet and then covering with paste and paint. 

It’s great to see how people solve these things 

• 3 months later...

I fear I have to put this wonderful journey on hiatus. The cost of living crisis here in the UK means I need all the money I can get to try to keep warm , fed and a roof over my head should things continue to get worse. 

I hope it’s not for long but it’s gone to be at lest next year before I might feel able to afford to get the armour sorted. 

Unless I’m about to get a lottery win or an inheritance. 

I’m not going anywhere and I WILL see this through… just not yet. 

Hang in there brother! Family first, always. You’ll get to complete this adventure in due time, and we’ll be here when you’re ready.

• Thanks 1

As Dennis said, family first. These are strange and difficult times for all of us.

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2022 at 11:02 PM, Aradun said:

Hang in there brother! Family first, always. You’ll get to complete this adventure in due time, and we’ll be here when you’re ready.

sent you a dm buddy , there might be some light at the end of the tunnel .

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Life’s been getting on the way. 

it’ll be a while before things are done.  

They will be though 

😉

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is something I never thought id post. This year has been going from bad to worse culminating in my mum nearly passing because of a massive stroke last Wednesday.

Its a long road but she's still here and the road to recovery starts.

Last week I received a message  on the  forum from the @BikerScout007 Some amazing human being , I dont know who they are , has spoken to rob from chefs creations and has offered to pay for my soft goods.😮 

He then passed on the offer to me which tbh was a huge shock and I'm still weirded out by it,

So this means with whats about I will only need to , when I can , buy the sized armour and then its a case of test fitting and adjusting as necessary.

I am blown away by this members amazing generosity and I will be another step closer to achieving this dream. I knew there were some amazing people around here but this , this is just beyond that and I will never be able to thanks this pathfinder enough.

Whoever you are I thank you from the bottom of my heart

Just wanted to let you know im still here and cant wait to be trooping some day sooner than I thought.

• Like 9

Just had it confirmed that all I would have to do is sort the armour and the bucket. 

I don’t know who you are but I will never be able to repay your huge love and kindness towards me. 

somehow THANK YOU seems it will never be enough. 

typed this in tears 

much love 

• Like 5

Just confirming with Chef if the order has to be placed any differently if if done as usual for full build commission and just invoiced differently.

Getting so close to ordering I can taste it lol

• Like 1

This look like the right size for transport?  I guess ill have to nest it but thats fine

https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-pro-mobile-tool-chest-24-1-2-/52706

Heard from Rob

Order in the queue.  Im gonna be a Biker Scout!

Ray of sunshine on an otherwise horrible day

• Like 4

Scraped and saved and have moved the money for the armour so I can’t spend it. 

gonna be skint for a bit till it catches up but i will do everything in my power to do so and honour the gesture made to me 

I will troop I will do good. 

I will make whoever did this proud. 

I promise 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looking into the neck covering with the open collar.  Found this on uk Amazon. Obvs the black one but thinking it would do nicely ?

https://amzn.eu/d/9WGHETb

That’ll work Matt. Keep in mind that the length of the neck piece for this particular dickie is meant to be turned down like a regular turtleneck and will be worn over your balaclava. It might be hotter than one with a 3” neck.

5 hours ago, Aradun said:

That’ll work Matt. Keep in mind that the length of the neck piece for this particular dickie is meant to be turned down like a regular turtleneck and will be worn over your balaclava. It might be hotter than one with a 3” neck.

The other pics show it turned down and looks like the one Mickey had on the crl update video. The balaclava is a thin ,  breathable fabric so Im hoping it’ll be fine.  

I can always get a troopacoola scout helmet fan kit if needed.   

hide power bank in pouch and run cable up the turtleneck etc

• Like 1

Are you sure? That dickie doesn’t seem to have the ribbing the CRL mentions…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tarok said:

That’s if you want a neck seal as per the CRL optional bit. OR

”Collar:

A Mandarin-style collar closure flap covers the neck area; OR

Collar may be left open.

If collar is left open, trooper's neck must be covered with a black garment such as a neck seal, gaiter or long balaclava.”

@BikerScout007    did a great video about it. I’ll link it here  

the neck covering is from about 4 mins in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tarok said:

Most of the Scouts in the movie didn't wear a neck seal, so it's optional.  If you choose to wear one, it must meet the CRL requirements.  We just asked that all your neck flesh be covered -- by either a dickie, neck gaiter, long balaclava OR a neck seal.  

Me? I wear an Under Armor balaclava and a dickie.  That seems to be what most of the film scouts did.  

• Like 2