TreeHuggerMatt Scout Trooper ( ROTJ ) WIP

TreeHuggerMatt

Congrats Matt and once again welcome to the best detachment

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, OnkelPaschulke said:

Congrats Matt and once again welcome to the best detachment emoji16.png

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Arne 🙂

Given that chef specs his kit to level 2 I believe it's possible to apply should I want to ( no sniggering @Aradun yes I know I wouldnt lol ) however...

Reading off the CRL I know the shoulder bridge covers would need addressing given that they are now well over the 0.5 to 1" length. I do have the originals somewhere.  

So assuming I can get the covers sorted how would address the fitment issue that this would cause. Would it be a case of redoing the side straps to increase the length to then be able to pull the two half back together at the bottom so it doesn't sit too proud ?

Here's a side on as it was for any clearance so any tips would be great to see if its at all possible ..

Photo-03-04-2024-16-33-40.jpg?rlkey=feq4

current shoulder bridge covers , originals were 1"

Photo-07-03-2024-13-59-39.jpg?rlkey=kp2x

If what I think is possible then it could be worth a look , if not im happy to be a regular pathfinder for now.

Hey Matt!  Glad to see you’re thinking about Lancer.  I can sense your excitement now that you’ve finally crossed the finish line and are approved.  Keep in mind that Lancer is as much about fit as it is accuracy.  My advice would be to get a couple of troops under your belt to see what adjustments you need to make on your kit to improve comfort and fit.  I know I made numerous adjustments to my kit once I started trooping.  Then once all that is sorted and you’re happy with the fit and feel of things, then begin preparation for a Lancer app.  It’ll make things a lot easier.

• Like 3

Yeah I know that mate. Was just thinking ahead for the future. Not planning to do it until well settled in

Congratulations on your approval! I just read through your entire WIP and it makes me happy to see how you persevered and will do yourself and the Legion proud. :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LTCAlex said:

Congratulations on your approval! I just read through your entire WIP and it makes me happy to see how you persevered and will do yourself and the Legion proud. :) 

Wow!! Thankyou!

Thats very very kind of you to say so 

• Thanks 1

DLT-19X kit from Dbay94 on Etsy ordered... 

Time to see what paints I need ... to @Aradun's dlt build thread

🙂

Just had notification from seller. Item has been readied for dispatch and will arriving via DHL within next 2 weeks.

Preparing for customs charges now cos Brexit.

woot

• 3 weeks later...

Removed the excess foam and padding and fitted this . Now fits slightly better and stops helmet being forced on to side of face and lifting the front forward.

Now more room to fit fans and power supply when that arrives

Photo-04-05-2024-19-54-11.jpg?rlkey=p9xz

Decided not to bother but have them anyway in case need in the helmet. 

Also blaster has been completely reworked and ready for primer again

i fu.. really hate sanding 😂😂