TreeHuggerMatt Scout Trooper ( ROTJ ) WIP

TreeHuggerMatt

Your course correction is much better Matt.  Nice job knocking back those "blaster" marks from your first attempt.  As Retrofire noted, less is more when it comes to the ROTJ Scout.  I'd definitely reach out to your GML at ISG and get a feel for whether any additional adjustments are warranted as your GML will be the one approving your costume in the end. 

Make sure when you do your bund and cod that you do very light misting, and just here and there, not the entire piece.  If you go too heavy on the fabric, it'll be next to impossible to knock it back and it could pose an issue with clearance.  Again, less is more.

Keep up the great work.  We can't wait to see you suited up and cleared for duty!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aradun said:

Your course correction is much better Matt.  Nice job knocking back those "blaster" marks from your first attempt.  As Retrofire noted, less is more when it comes to the ROTJ Scout.  I'd definitely reach out to your GML at ISG and get a feel for whether and additional adjustments are warranted as your GML will be the one approving your costume in the end. 

Make sure when you do your bund and cod that you do very light misting, and just here and there, not the entire piece.  If you go too heavy on the fabric, it'll be next to impossible to knock it back and it could pose an issue with clearance.  Again, less is more.

Keep up the great work.  We can't wait to see you suited up and cleared for duty!

Cheers.  Yeah the bund and pouches are all good. 

All pics are uploaded on ISG as well but all advice is good advice after all

Bund front and cod , back and pouch 

Looked at the scoutopedia link for these.  Hope it’s okay , knowing my luck though.. 

Photo-07-03-2024-16-57-25-1.jpg?rlkey=37

Photo-07-03-2024-16-57-30-1.jpg?rlkey=t5

Photo-07-03-2024-16-57-44-1.jpg?rlkey=so

this is where I start to panic massively 

• Like 2

Right that’s okay. Cool 😀

front armour now sorted. 

tweaked holster boot but not hard to sort out further 

Photo-08-03-2024-08-41-08.jpg?rlkey=0pix

magic eraser pad due today if needed 

Apologies for yet another photo dump but I decided to try to dial some of the weathering right back as per convo with GML. Have also uploaded pics to my ISG WIP but as always I would love some input /advice from you wonderful people.

Just want this done now  , im so close. 

Photo-11-03-2024-18-30-26.jpg?rlkey=0eox

Photo-11-03-2024-18-30-56.jpg?rlkey=toiw

Photo-11-03-2024-18-30-22.jpg?rlkey=vb1r

Photo-11-03-2024-18-30-16.jpg?rlkey=zc54

Photo-11-03-2024-18-31-42.jpg?rlkey=qo5j

Photo-11-03-2024-18-33-49.jpg?rlkey=waa8

Photo-11-03-2024-18-30-44.jpg?rlkey=y0rw

AFIAK everything else , boots etc is okay but that can bar sorted as need be so they are still as shown previously

TIA

Haven't been here a while, but I'm truely glad that your kit is coming together at last! 👌😁 
And regarding your question the weathering looks much better on the front part than before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patience recruit! You've been doing a fine job and it'll be done before you know it. I know it's been a long road but you're doing great and closing in on the finish line. Time to make those details pop and get ready for your approval photos.

1 minute ago, Retrofire said:

Patience recruit! You've been doing a fine job and it'll be done before you know it. I know it's been a long road but you're doing great and closing in on the finish line. Time to make those details pop and get ready for your approval photos.

Cheers Pete. ( @Retrofire )

Means a lot.  Would you say the weathering is at a point where it’s good?

Other than that everything is good to go for final dress and clearance.  

Yeah I think Arne and @Aradun have spoken up. I think what you have is good and that was wise to get feedback from your GML so well done there. Let Chef finish your flight suit and I think you're ready to suit up and submit. Feel free to post up pre-approval photos and Aradun and I can give you a once over if you like. You're doing great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suit on way back from chef. Should be here tomorrow/ today 

(Saturday)

• Like 2

Suit arrived and fits with the extra midriff bit. Tiny bit long in sleeve lengths but that’s not an issue with the gloves. 

now to sort full dress up an clearance pics

• Like 4

Not long now Matt.

• Like 1

Quick addition today. Stuck on suit and positioned and then makes suit using white tape.  Then peeled backing off Velcro and placed on suit and stuck down.

This should be okay but can always secure with fabric glue and weight if needed. 

Photo-17-03-2024-18-35-21.jpg?rlkey=qq69

To say my anxiety is going off the charts is a huge understatement. I’m trying to stop my hands shaking and bursting into tears as I hate what I look like and I know I’m a big fella. 

A few things regarding the dressing. 

I did this on my own , yes I struggled and yes I’m aware ( thanks for @Aradun’s help in spotting that. I also now the rh bell is all over as the ties haven’t been shortened to length yet and the elastic anchor came loose. 
  These are now getting rectified.  

I just wanted to try it on despite it looking a mess and there are dressing issues galore ,but with help dressing and sorting the last couple of things I will be the chubbiest scout in the empire but hey we sit on bikes yeah lol

please be kind. This is a huge thing for me 

ps I was baking so obv no neckcovering and balaclava 

Photo-20-03-2024-14-33-12.jpg?rlkey=p4jx

• Like 3

Don't be tough on yourself. We all come in different shapes and sizes, my friend. This is about having fun! And believe me when I tell you that getting suited up is NEVER an easy thing. That's why handlers are so important at troops. You're looking great.

My only comment is that the cod piece generally goes under the cummerbund and attached to the vest or the undersuit. I think you have yours attached to the cummerbund, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 3

@mrbill8128 yeah I see that after the pic.  It’s been sorted but haven’t done another pic. Also

noticed I will need to have some way of keeping the boot up but that’s already in progress  just for another day   Also gonna fit foot straps 

yeah it’s attached to the bund and it was indeed inside out lol

Honestly still shaking have posted that lol  

• Like 1

Matt, you rock brother!  I know you're a bit self conscious about appearance, but as Bill noted above, this hobby is all about bringing smiles to the faces of young and old alike, and the first time a kid hugs you, or a dad gives you a high five, all that anxiety about what others may be thinking will just melt away.  Trust me brother, once you get your kit sort and dial in the dressing issues with the help of a handler, you're gonna look kick arse and you'll be doing the Empire proud!  I'm stoked for you bro and can't wait to see you cross this finish line.  It's been a long time coming!  The end is in sight!

• Like 3

So proud of you my friend and you're looking amazing! What a journey you've taken us on and it's coming to a crescendo with your approval. You've been so open and honest though this journey and you should be proud of yourself. There's a few things that need to be tightened up but as @Aradun mentioned the end is in sight. Keep in touch with your GML and we're here to help as well so keep it up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Retrofire said:

So proud of you my friend and you're looking amazing! What a journey you've taken us on and it's coming to a crescendo with your approval. You've been so open and honest though this journey and you should be proud of yourself. There's a few things that need to be tightened up but as @Aradun mentioned the end is in sight. Keep in touch with your GML and we're here to help as well so keep it up!

Thanks Pete that is very kind of you and means a lot. 

realised that the bund was inside out after the pic and the dressing is a mess as I need help with it but that’s all sortable and everything fits properly assuming I get help suiting up lol

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 11:45 AM, TreeHuggerMatt said:

assuming I get help suiting up lol

I haven't been trooping, obviously, but I have a history of meanwhile 20 years in a pipe band. So not being able to dress oneself properly seems pretty normal to me 😆 you're looking great, don't be hard on you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Monumendalorian said:

I haven't been trooping, obviously, but I have a history of meanwhile 20 years in a pipe band. So not being able to dress oneself properly seems pretty normal to me 😆 you're looking great, don't be hard on you.

Thankyou.  Very kind of you to say

Currently arranging a date with the garrison armourer to have a meet up and get the kit properly setup and pics taken , whilst awaiting that Velcro added to flak vest and bind to secure the the bund to the vest and pouches to the front of the bund as per both @Chopper tutorial and @BikerScout007 posts on  prior wips 

The previous wips and messages have been hugely helpful

I thank you all

Once I have a date it’s time for the fashion show lol

• Like 4

Looks like tomorrow ( Friday ) is the day.

Time to commence operation panic 

😂😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

pew pew!!

Photo-29-03-2024-13-47-51.jpg?rlkey=vsw0

Pics all done and ready to submit via garrison. 

one small issue but that’s easily sorted. 

just need to add wee bit of Velcro to from centre of bund to help hold chest armour down and all good. 

Guy going kit up was happy so time to submit and do legion application 

Then sort the Velcro out

Actually one big problem is when bells are stored attached to the clamshell the top zip tie anchor keeps tearing off. 

guess solution is scuff the anchor location and use CA as well and then store off clamshell and then just secure using the shoulder bell Velcro when kitting 

THANKYOU once again to everyone who’s helped especially the amazing pathfinder(s)? who chipped in for the soft goods. 

once im in i WILL bugging folk to see who it was. 

anyway.  

nearly there 🙂

• Like 4