Burnsie - Kashyyyk trooper 41st submission (WITHDRAWN)

44 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

If you need anymore just let me know. 👍 

Appreciated!  This will help immensely  

Okay @Burnsie -- we appreciate your patience.  There was a lot to go through and your kit does need a lot of work to bring it up to L2 spec.   Please see the list below:

Major fixes:

1.  The pouch flaps aren't the right shape. They need that taper as in the CRL pic.  Will require some sewing.

Kashyyyk_Undersuit.jpg

2.  The armor overall is pretty rough.  This may be the result of it being second (or third hand?)  It requires a series of fixes to get it up to L2:

• The chest and back need to fit more snug to your body.  There's a big gap between your back and the tank when worn.

0sGc10u.jpeg

• The seam between the back armor and tank needs to be fixed.  It's very rough.  Needs to be sanded smooth 

bdbdaa4f0ecdd44f5c057ac7027c2ec7.jpg

• There are cracks on the shin armor that need repair and some of the raw ABS is exposed

f43831a50d76123c764d247faf9b7f81.jpg

• The "coin slot" on the helmet visor is also very rough and needs to be neatened up.

1 (9).jpg

Other CRL issues:

1.  The buckles on the leg straps seem to be on the wrong side?  And some of the clip greeblies seem to be broken.  Please refer to the CRL images

2.  Left upper arm greeblie is lacking any detail.  Please refer to the CRL images

Kashyyyk_Biceps.jpg

3.  Right upper arm greeblie is all black.  Please refer to the CRL images.

4.  Dropbox straps are leather cords instead of 1/2 inch straps.  They need to be straps as per the CRL.

Kashyyyk_Belt.jpg

5.  Paint job on the helmet snout looks a little rough.  Needs to be sanded smooth and repainted.

6.  There should be a bit more weathering on the armor.  Some silver paint scrapes and some black/white/gray misting in spots.

7.  We can't see if the front and back armor join flush on the sides in any of the photos.  It may not be an issue, but we still need to see it.

8.  The right glove has a larger hole around the gauntlet greeblie that shouldn't be there.  

1 (1).jpg

9.  Fit and finish issues:

• The codpiece is not hanging straight when worn.  
  • The pouches should be placed neater when worn.  

We realize that's a lot and honestly, there could be more small details once the major ones are fixed.  We appreciate you taking the plunge and being the first to pursue L2 with the Kashyyyk Trooper.  If you need any help from the team, don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback much appreciated, and you have identified a few major and a few minor issues against the level 2 and crl reference (as it currently stands as it is inaccurate against screen references as we are all aware of). I’ll probably just leave this armour set as level 1 clearance for the time being until the crl is more defined, as it is a great costume already cleared with 501st and RL against that standard with no issues, and I was happy to be the 1st to take the plunge. Look forward to continuing as a kashyyyk pathfinder 👍😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Burnsie said:

Thanks for your feedback much appreciated, and you have identified a few major and a few minor issues against the level 2 and crl reference (as it currently stands as it is inaccurate against screen references as we are all aware of). I’ll probably just leave this armour set as level 1 clearance for the time being until the crl is more defined, as it is a great costume already cleared with 501st and RL against that standard with no issues, and I was happy to be the 1st to take the plunge. Look forward to continuing as a kashyyyk pathfinder 👍😉

If you have any corrections to the CRL to suggest, please feel free to post them up and we'll make adjustments as needed.  Just need screenshots to go along with them.  

• 7 months later...

Hi, Just to let you know I have been working through the items listed and should be in a position to re-submit in the coming weeks,😀

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey there, how are things going with resubmission?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• BikerScout007 changed the title to Burnsie - Kashyyyk trooper 41st submission (WITHDRAWN)