JFO Scout Trooper vs ROTJ

HanSeoulOh07

Hey guys! So I'm going to be starting a JFO Scout trooper and I'm looking here on the thread and cant find much on the under suit and fabric parts so I'm wondering if it's all the stuff in the ROTJ thread?

I was also wondering how weathered can the JFO armor be? I have a Altman helmet with the black spots from ROTJ and I wanted to see if that's still compatible with this or if I'll need to repaint19892280ab15e945c01c2aabe26e0c66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

@MrPoopie can help you out with this.  Sit tight.

However -- don't confuse yourself looking at the ROTJ Scout requirements.  The requirements for the JFO are all in that CRL.  If there's nothing mentioned -- ex. about suede parts -- that's because they aren't required for that costume.

[mention=80362]MrPoopie[/mention] can help you out with this.  Sit tight.
However -- don't confuse yourself looking at the ROTJ Scout requirements.  The requirements for the JFO are all in that CRL.  If there's nothing mentioned -- ex. about suede parts -- that's because they aren't required for that costume.
Ok good to know on the suede parts. For the tutorials though on the cummerbund and pouches/boots, the ones in the ROTJ thread are ok to use but obviously make the necessary changes to fit the JFO Scout CRL?

8 minutes ago, HanSeoulOh07 said:

Ok good to know on the suede parts. For the tutorials though on the cummerbund and pouches/boots, the ones in the ROTJ thread are ok to use but obviously make the necessary changes to fit the JFO Scout CRL?

Yeah the build techniques should work for the most part, but there are certain things -- like the number of ribs required on the cummerbund for the JFO -- that differ.

@MrPoopie is your bet resource for this build.  he is the CRL model and created the designs for the 3d printed accessories.

• Like 1

A small amount of weathering can be allowed on the JFO Scout (See photo below), it doesn't need to be "clean" armor.

As for the soft parts, everything is in the CRL but to summarize here. The flight suit is basically the same as the ROTJ Scout minus the suede parts and the thigh straps. You also won't need to worry about the mandarin collar or neck strap since the neck will be covered by the neck seal. There's no flak vest. The bund is a similar build to the ROTJ Scout but instead teh ribbing will cover the entire front half of the bund, starting under one arm and ending under the other. The codpiece is the same as the ROTJ Scout. There are no pouches. The neck seal is similar to a TK neck seal but preferably made from a cotton-like material. The boots are the same as the ROTJ Scout. The gloves are also different as you'll need to find a good way to adhere the detail parts to the glove. The only good way I found to do this was with velcro sewn to the gloves to attach the extra pieces. By doing this it's another piece of the armor that isn't interchangeable with the ROTJ Scout.

Some other things to make sure that you remember is that the shoulders and biceps do not have elastic strapping and are affixed to the flight suit, most likely with velcro. The bicep is also missing the elastic slot that the ROTJ Scout has. The Tank Topper also has a different color scheme than the ROTJ Scout.

Basically there are enough differences in the armor that it's not easy to have a set of armor that can be used for both the JFO Scout and the ROTJ Scout. Some parts are interchangeable but not all so you will likely have duplicates of some parts if you want to own both costumes.

49226170046_7ecf72a7ea_b.jpg

• Like 3

A small amount of weathering can be allowed on the JFO Scout (See photo below), it doesn't need to be "clean" armor.
As for the soft parts, everything is in the CRL but to summarize here. The flight suit is basically the same as the ROTJ Scout minus the suede parts and the thigh straps. You also won't need to worry about the mandarin collar or neck strap since the neck will be covered by the neck seal. There's no flak vest. The bund is a similar build to the ROTJ Scout but instead teh ribbing will cover the entire front half of the bund, starting under one arm and ending under the other. The codpiece is the same as the ROTJ Scout. There are no pouches. The neck seal is similar to a TK neck seal but preferably made from a cotton-like material. The boots are the same as the ROTJ Scout. The gloves are also different as you'll need to find a good way to adhere the detail parts to the glove. The only good way I found to do this was with velcro sewn to the gloves to attach the extra pieces. By doing this it's another piece of the armor that isn't interchangeable with the ROTJ Scout.
Some other things to make sure that you remember is that the shoulders and biceps do not have elastic strapping and are affixed to the flight suit, most likely with velcro. The bicep is also missing the elastic slot that the ROTJ Scout has. The Tank Topper also has a different color scheme than the ROTJ Scout.
Basically there are enough differences in the armor that it's not easy to have a set of armor that can be used for both the JFO Scout and the ROTJ Scout. Some parts are interchangeable but not all so you will likely have duplicates of some parts if you want to own both costumes.

49226170046_7ecf72a7ea_b.jpg
Sweet! That answer all my questions! Thanks for all the info and responding so fast!(over on the SL page, it take forever for them to respond.....you didnt here that from me)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HanSeoulOh07 said:

Sweet! That answer all my questions! Thanks for all the info and responding so fast!(over on the SL page, it take forever for them to respond.....you didnt here that from me)

Thanks. We really take a lot of pride in this forum and Detachment as well as trying to give help wherever we can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1