TB-44365 - MikerScout - Lancer Request (APPROVED)

TB-44365 (MikerScout) respectfully requesting Lancer approval.

What a fun build this has been.  I have wanted to be part of the 501st for years, probably decades.  Kids, jobs, and all that life has to offer has kept steering me in other directions.  When I finally pulled the trigger on this build I dove in both feet first, I couldn't wait!  It's been a great process and a huge learning experience.  I can't wait to do my first troop and actually get to meet some of the people who have helped me with all of this.  The costume was approved by the 501st and I am ready to submit it for scrutiny by our own Pathfinders.  Thank you for taking the time to review my application, I am looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Personal Info
Name: Mike Mathiau
TKID: 44365
Garrison: New England Garrison
Squad: Down East Squad

Parts List
Helmet and Armor: Studio Creations, most recent version
Helmet decals: TrooperBay
Balaclava: UnderArmor
Neck Seal: TrooperBay
TIE Flight Suit: Amazon seller "thecostumebase"
Gloves: WampaWear 
Cummerbund and Pouches: MikerScout
Cod: MikerScout
Boots: Walmart, Ozark Trail adapted by MikerScout
Holster: Studio Creations
Hold-out Blaster: Unknown, resin cast.  I bought it a few years ago, it's a excellent build.  If I remember right it was "the one to have" at some point.
Tote Bag: Brodustrial Lighting and Magic.  Added my own Rothco belt and replaced with greeblie with one that a had a little bit better fit and finish.
All weathering and finishing was done in house.

Parts Photos

Helmet
The helmet is gloss/semi-gloss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  It is "back and cap" design, glued and faired to hide the seam.  The green visor from SC was upgraded with a Hobart #3 black shade.  Helmet bolts are 3M brand, gray and concave.  Decal set is from TrooperBay.  Gaffers tape was used to obscure the white behind the cut ear holes.

iympW6h.jpg

CDe0GjY.jpg

AdjoGtP.jpg

S4WJNMa.jpg

AMHBU9q.jpg

eNEPOyE.jpg

T568AWy.jpg

Vv2wSiP.jpg

H3BNut5.jpg

Balaclava
Balacalva is UnderArmor brand, black in color and covers the neck, head, chin and nose.  No logos are visible while being worn.

jxSwjpb.jpg

Flight Suit
Flight suit is the TIE fighter style, one piece, black flight suit with a front zipper. Collar is mandarin type with chevron shaped right over left closure.  Pockets are of the proper type and placment, include the bevel cut left bicep pocket.  My right sleeve pocket is slightly smaller than that listed in the CRL but I have particularly skinny arms, the pocket looks more to scale being slightly smaller.  Imperial cogs are present, though covered by armor as are the chest pockets.

mEKwjNn.jpg

oGkQ1R9.jpg

kUI4GDl.jpg

HRLzagu.jpg

KaxWNdN.jpg

DGaCvDJ.jpg

Neck Seal
Neck seal is a black "storm trooper" neck seal by TrooperBay.  My neck seal was less than ideal as it had a thick overlap that bound against the helmet.  I was able to cut it back and move the Velcro closure to the inside of the seal allowing for a flush seam instead of an over lapping one.  This meets the standards but surely is not as comfortable as a zipper closing seal I'm sure.

KqNkSBd.jpg

Shoulder Armor
Gloss/semi-gloss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  Straps are 1" non-roll elastic

M5BwOLB.jpg

zs40Rkt.jpg

Upper Arm Armor
Gloss/semi-gloss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  Greeblie "T-Bit" with the two nubs facing forward.  Elastic is the standard 1" non-roll

qLxj562.jpg

b3JWiQY.jpg

Forearm Armor
Gloss/semi-floss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  Standard 1" non-roll elastic

0k8im9d.jpg

pojdrRw.jpg

Gloves
Gloves are WampaWear purchased several years ago but luckily I didn't throw out the glove clips or cut the loops off.  Black leather with sewn on black suede.  Tightly spaced ribs over the knuckles.  

Wq31q5q.jpg

mFePMvB.jpg

Chest Armor
Gloss/semi-gloss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  Recessed rectangular area is painted gray (same color as hip boxes). 2" straps connect the front and back at the waist.

OBObRWN.jpg

Recess
SKDsswk.jpg

9x2amVK.jpg

Back Armor
Gloss/semi-gloss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  Accurate tank topper with rivet and red stripe, no white dot.  Black stripe detail is present and there is no rivet on the bottom of the "tank"

5SL46m0.jpg

PAFJLat.jpg

k0z7Fib.jpg

9x2amVK.jpg

Cummerbund, Codpiece and Pouches
The Cummerbund is made from white cotton fabric and weathered to screen accuracy.  Closure in the back is a 2" Velcro and closes right over left and includes the "extra stitch".  The bund "sags" below the chest and is visible below the belt.  The 5 ribs in the front are 1" wide centered.

zHsuFbX.jpg

JJq4ICF.jpg

VinweMG.jpg

dUC7kXS.jpg

The Codpiece is made from white cotton fabric and includes the inverted curve.  2 inch black elastic strap runs to the back of the flight suit.  The Codpiece is weathered to match the Cummerbund

3B9T1D6.jpg

yqhl4ws.jpg

The Pouches are made of white cotton duck cloth, dyed and weathered to fit with the cummerbund and codpiece.  They droop over the belt and are held to the cummerbund with single strip of Velcro. Pouches measure 6x5x2

wTVfq4O.jpg

QNMmaHL.jpg

sgCyzrW.jpg

zHsuFbX.jpg

Belt
Gloss/semi-gloss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  Fastened with polypro webbing and attached to the plastic part of the belt with 2 1/8" rivets. Hip boxes are suspended by 1.5 inch polypro webbing.  Recess in the hip boxes is painted with the same gray paint as the chest recess.  Webbing is threaded behind the parachute buckles in the front and covering buckles in the rear.

m3tzAEU.jpg

tAlcrl4.jpg

SuBjtmj.jpg

I3PsIKR.jpg

L0tjNFE.jpg

Thermal Detonator
Gloss/semi-gloss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  Gray corrugated hose with clips attach to the belt and is capped with proper concave end caps.  Accurate greeblies attached as shown on screen.

fL5CEaT.jpg

jZADmtR.jpg

lyG84jL.jpg

Knee Armor
Gloss/semi-gloss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  Worn upside down.  A single piece of 1" non-roll elastic used to retain the knees.

pt7E7Pn.jpg

zCVzRAY.jpg

Boots
White marine vinyl and weathered to screen accuracy.  Single colored, screen accurate soles were used.  Sole strip is 1/2". The oversized "dog bone" has the required double stitching.  Boots are appropriately sized to rise up to just below the knee armor.  1" Velcro is used to secure the back of the boots, boots fasten with an outside overlap (right over left and left over right)

OHgx2Gq.jpg

rh9aJEH.jpg

Ouj0UTc.jpg

A5ucVnU.jpg

fDKZSvY.jpg

Holster
Gloss/semi-gloss white and weathered to screen accuracy.  Attached to the boot with 1/8 rivets. 

OHgx2Gq.jpg

rh9aJEH.jpg

WXgqGfk.jpg

Optional Hold-out Blaster
Semi-gloss black, no trigger, light weathering

zpDVsj1.jpg

tM7qHoj.jpg

lBgnOUL.jpg

MAGnrBg.jpg

Mvkpm7F.jpg

Optional Tote Bag
Khaki British P37 Reproduction bag dyed to match the screen used Rothco belt.  Plate with 3 push buttons on the flap, lightly weathered to screen accuracy. 

kh46gVT.jpg

ORHHDRA.jpg

gLHXzFR.jpg

pncc1kp.jpg

Profile Views

4QzNt9n.jpg

AJo6rz7.jpg

Ouhklps.jpg

0FP3EpL.jpg

pcNzyfL.jpg

BW3CXRe.jpg

raJ8Oc9.jpg

NKEGowW.jpg

P3iedQW.jpg

Action Shots

MAGnrBg.jpg

szeE0YY.jpg

OCv1BdT.jpg

AZQMZkF.jpg

VmklyQA.jpg

UktlGqn.jpg

Mvkpm7F.jpg

• Like 1

• MikerScout changed the title to TB-44365 - MikerScout - Lancer Request

Hi Mike and thank you for your application! The review team will start looking at your app and get back to you as soon as we are able. Stand by Pathfinder!

• Like 1

Hi Mike, thank you again for your application. As you probably know, this is the first Mandalorian Scout Lancer app we've ever received, so you're positioned to be a bit of a trailblazer here.

Overall a great app. We do have a few items that we'd like to review with you.

Weathering

We'd like you to remove the "drip" markings around the chest indent and the left drop box indent. The weathering should look more like caked on dirt and dust, rather than it being "muddy". The rest of your weathering looks good.

Chest Straps

The CRL states: "Chest straps are white elastic and measure either 1.5 or 2 inches, depending on the height of the chest strap opening on the armor.  The elastic should completely fill the opening."

While you are using 2" strapping, which is one of the approved options, it's also bunching/overfilled in the side slot of the SC armor. If you look at the photos of the screen used armor, the side strapping does not bunch up. Would you be willing to try 1.5" strapping, to see how that looks?

And that's all we have! Thanks again for your app and we look forward to hearing from you.

Lancer1.JPG

Lancer2.JPG

Lancer3.JPG

@ChopperLike a knuckle head I wasn't following this topic and didn't see this till today!!!

• I have some 1.5" strap I can swap out, I just need to dye it. 
  • I can pull the drips for sure.  One of the screen drop boxes had drips/lines and I thought it looked cool so I took some artistic liberty and put it on the chest.  I'll take them off for sure.  Just take it off the chest as the drop box is as seen on screen right?

I'll get right on this stuff and get back to you guys ASAP!!

Drippy box shown below

Xs0Zcov.jpg?1

Hi Mike, thank you. Yes, since there's screen evidence for the drips on the drop box, please hold off on any changes there at this time.

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Hi Mike, thank you. Yes, since there's screen evidence for the drips on the drop box, please hold off on any changes there at this time.

Ok.  Let me know what you guys come up with.  I'm cool either way.  I want it to be as right as you guys do.  I seems to be just that one box on just that one scout.  Maybe they did it and decided not to go any further with it.  I'm ok with leaving the box alone and fixing the chest.  Again, let me know what you guys think and I'll make it happen.

No prob, I just need to run it by the full review team. 

Hi Mike, I've confirmed with the review team -- please go ahead and clean up the chest indent drips, but you can leave the drop box drips as is. Thanks again!

Thanks Mike. Stand by while we get the okay from all review team members. 

• Like 1